Sunbomb - Light Up the Sky

🎸 Get ready to rock out with SUMBOMB's (Sunbomb) first advance single, "Unbreakable"! 🤘 

Featuring Michael Sweet (STRYPER), Tracii Guns (L.A. GUNS) and Alessandro DelVecchio (EDGE OF FOREVER), this track is pure fire! 🔥 

Listen here:  

Don't miss their new album, "Light Up The Sky", dropping on Frontiers Music on June 28, 2024! 🌟 

"Light Up The Sky" tracklist:
01. Unbreakable
02. Steel Hearts 
03. In Grace We'll Find Our Name
04. Light Up The Sky 
05. Rewind
06. Scream Out Loud
07. Winds Of Fate
08. Beyond The Odds
09. Reclaim The Night
10. Where We Belong
11. Setting The Sail

#Sumbomb #Unbreakable #NewSingle #LightUpTheSky #RockMusic

• Like 1

I miss the days when I could actually understand what Michael Sweet was singing. :P Not sure if that's a "me" problem or a "Sweet" problem...

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, metalmaniac777 said:

I miss the days when I could actually understand what Michael Sweet was singing. :P Not sure if that's a "me" problem or a "Sweet" problem...

It’s not a “you” problem; I could barely make out a word while listening to “Unbreakable” last night. A lyric video is definitely necessary when listening to MS these days. Still, even not having a clue what he was singing for the most part, this is better than pretty much everything off the first Shitbomb album. 

• Haha 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
25 minutes ago, whiplash1972 said:

Still, even not having a clue what he was singing for the most part, this is better than pretty much everything off the first Shitbomb album. 

That Sunbomb release was soo bad that I can't believe there's gonna be another one.

I think most people know my stance on these two. I love LA Guns and think Tracii is one of the best guitarists to come out of the hair metal scene, and while I like Stryper I have really gone off them due to Michaels compulsion to release new material every second Wednesday. I have not bought the last 2 or 3 Stryper albums, and a bunch of other stuff he is involved in because of this. Hell, didnt even pick the first Sunbomb album up til early this year and only then it was because I got it for £5 instead of the usual £13 to £15 that Frontiers CDs usually cost.

That album did not impress me. Musically it was tight but Sweets vocals were pretty "meh", and sounds like they are gonna be even worse on this album.

Have to agree to what has already been said, but I can barely even understand what he is singing. Now while I am fine with listening to foreign language songs, if a singers native tongue is English, I wanna be able to understand what he is singing. Fuck me, there are death metal bands out there easier to understand than this.

If I didnt know the song title, I would think it was called I'm bating bulls yeah

4 hours ago, melodicrock said:

Sunbomb 1 was horrid. Russell/Guns is boring as batshit. No anticipation for this at all.

I'm going to need a little more clarification before I can figure out how you really feel. :P

• Like 1

Ok, well this at least made me laugh. Tracii just posted it on Twitter and said "Guns N Moses are back" So that is one positive about it.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Stefan said:

New lyric video for 'Steel Hearts' coming later today.

If it didn't have the lyrics in the video, I would be struggling to understand a lot of what he is singing. I mean I would never have guess he was singing the word Tyranny right at the start.

• Like 1

These riffs sound like something from a bad nu-metal album released in the early 2000s. Slow, chuggy, terrible guitar tone and pointless pinch harmonies.

The vocals are obviously unintelligible but instrumentally it isn't any good either. Who's going to buy this shit?

• Like 2

Shitbomb - Shit in the Sky 😒

I found “Unbreakable” to at least be listenable; “Steel Hearts”… not so much. Unless a 3rd single turns out to be excellent, this will be a big skip. 

Hilarious moment on FaceBook. Some guy posted about the latest single and tagged Michael in it saying it's a great new song from Michael and George Lynch.

Michael took time to reply. Not to say thanks for the compliment, just to correct him on it not being George. And there was me thinking that Michael loves it when anyone kisses his arse about his music and yet he ignored that to make a fan look silly.

9 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Hilarious moment on FaceBook. Some guy posted about the latest single and tagged Michael in it saying it's a great new song from Michael and George Lynch.

Michael took time to reply. Not to say thanks for the compliment, just to correct him on it not being George. And there was me thinking that Michael loves it when anyone kisses his arse about his music and yet he ignored that to make a fan look silly.

He proves himself to be a dick at every opportunity.

Fuck me, he is off on one again:

https://rockcelebrities.net/michael-sweet-stryper-is-the-most-hated-band-of-all-time/

Just a few comments that make me cringe:

“We may very well be the most ‘hated’ band of all time but we’ve persevered and we’re still here. We are The Yellow & Black Attack. We are Stryper.”

Now I am sure there are bigger bands out there who have more haters than Stryper ever had. Whether this is for right or wrong reasons, Nickleback, U2 and Coldplay spring to mind as bands that have got more hate than Stryper over the years, and they mostly ignore it because they choose to acknowledge the millions who do love them rather than cry about those that hate them.

“When I listen to Stryper (as an outsider and as unbiased as I possibly can be) I can hear some pretty cool stuff going on. And at the risk of sounding egotistical, I think Oz and I are one of the better guitar duos to have cranked those Mesas up and harmonize in the studio and on stage. I don’t know, maybe I’m just dreaming and we do suck. Oh well, if this is what ‘sucking’ looks and sounds like, I’ll take it.”

How can you ever listen to your own music as an unbiased outsider? The guy is blatantly so thin skinned that he just cannot accept some people just do not like his music, or do not like overly preachy christian music.

I have said before on here, I really like Stryper and some of Michaels projects outside of the band, but I have had serious burn out on anything he releases just because he releases way too fucking much. And his attitude has seriously turned me off of supporting him. I have not bought the last few Stryper albums. There are a couple of solo albums I am missing. Didn't buy the last Sweet & Lynch. And I only bought the first Sunbomb when it was mega cheap recently.

The quality is hit or miss, which I think is down to him going for quantity over quality.