Damn Yankees reunion?

• 2023 Gold Donors

This would be Awesome, probably number one for me when it comes to a reunion wish list, just above Skid Row.

I can't see it happening, but as he says in the video, " Never say never".

I seem to recall Andrew talking about a mythical third album sitting, gathering dust somewhere. 

Whatever the case, it's good to hear positive rumblings.

• 2023 Gold Donors
20 minutes ago, melodicrock said:

Keep it in the past.

No one wants to hear from Ted anymore and the 3rd album is a turd :)

Sentimentality aside, I think you're right.

The third album will never happen. Quite a few tracks for it have showed their faces on various band members solo albums over the years already. Plus the only way it would get released is if the record label either releases it themselves (highly unlikely) or gives up the masters and rights to the songs (unlikely) or the band completely re-records them (once again, unlikely).

Funnily enough I was reading up on this a few days ago.

• Like 1

Shit, that would be awesome! I still remember the first time I heard their music. My parents were driving me home, and "High Enough" began playing on the radio. I remember thinking "damn, this is the most epic power ballad I've ever heard!"

Edited by GarrisonDreams

• 2023 Gold Donors
7 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Quite a few tracks for it have showed their faces on various band members solo albums over the years already

That's very true

I read somewhere once they got paid millions by the record company NOT to release the third album. Must have had a great contract. But seems like bad business from the company end whichever way you look at it.

2 hours ago, melodicrock said:

Only 4 tracks

4 out of 11 tracks is still quite a few. If it was one or two, yeah that would not be many, but four is 36% of the songs that were supposed to be on it.

20 hours ago, auslander said:

I read somewhere once they got paid millions by the record company NOT to release the third album. Must have had a great contract. But seems like bad business from the company end whichever way you look at it.

They got the advance, recorded the album, then the label dumped it as it was shite. So they kept the advance.

It's on YouTube, not sure where it originally aired, very well produced concert footage of DY, when they were openers for Bad Company. I was at that concert, man, they totally blew away BadCo. By far, the best opening act I've ever seen. I would love to see them reunite. I think Tommy, Jack and Michael can "manage" Uncle Ted.....like they did back in the day.