Whitecross - Fear No Evil (New album coming from Dark Star Records March 22, 2024)

First single/video "Man in the Mirror"

This may be a little confusing for fans, as there was already a 3 song EP titled "Fear No Evil"  released back in 2022, and yep, the above song was on it. Not sure why they  didn't just give it a new title?  I suppose "Lion of Judah" and the title track "Fear No Evil" will be on here as well. No track listing available yet that I can find.  Run time is listed as 44 minutes on the Amazon pre-order page. 

WHITECROSS_FNE.JPG

• Thanks 1

• My Little Pony

Did they spell their own name wrong in that YouTube video? I haven't listened, yet, but I'm a bit apprehensive. Is Rex Carrol in the band? Can what's his face still sing? Do they know how to write songs?

9 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Did they spell their own name wrong in that YouTube video? I haven't listened, yet, but I'm a bit apprehensive. Is Rex Carrol in the band? Can what's his face still sing? Do they know how to write songs?

It's still Rex Carrol and he still blisters the six-string, and the new vocalist is decent enough (though Scott Wenzel was better, in my opinion), but I haven't cared for any of the songs they've released thus far. They just lacked the hooks that made early Whitecross so memorable.

I didn't get into Whitecross until late, and my first CD by them was the best of "At their best" which I bought off an old school mail order company (you know, mail out a list via snail mail) due to being described as "the best album Ratt never made".

I did like it though, and several years later when the internet was a thing for me finally I started to buy their back catalogue.

I got pretty much every studio album bar two (In the kingdom and One more encore).

I really liked their early stuff, but after Rex left they turned to absolute dogshit going for a more grunge/alternative sound, which is why I was never fussed to complete their discography (I really should at least get In the kingdom if I can find it though).

When they did the re-record thing about 20 years ago, I had lost all interest.

Just listened to this song and it's not bad. Certainly not as good as Scott on vox, but better than anything put out without Rex (although I guess it's just Rex and friends now).

Oh, and I also bought both of Scotts solo albums.

Not bad for an athiest. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Rex Carroll was in a band before Whitecross but I can't remember who they are, and I think they got back together and recently released an album. Wish I could remember their name and if the album was any good.

1 hour ago, auslander said:

Rex Carroll was in a band before Whitecross but I can't remember who they are, and I think they got back together and recently released an album. Wish I could remember their name and if the album was any good.

You might be thinking of the band Fierce Heart.  I've not yet listened to that recent album, but the one they released back in '85 was a good one.

• Thanks 1

I think the “New” Whitecross is the “All grown up” Whitecross.  I enjoyed the first 3-4 Albums then got tired of the sound. This EP that was released was/is really good and it wasn’t mixed and is still really good! For me the EP is Darker than anything Whitecross/Rex has ever written. The music has a more modern metal sound w a new unique (Not Ratt) sound.  I haven’t been this excited about a new Album release since Tourniquet did ‘Gazing at Medusa’.  I only hope that I’m not let down like I was w the Tourniquet Album when released.  Lord willing it’s allot like the EP or better.   
I recomend to all you Whitecross/Rex Carrol fans to check Rex’s interview on the “Imaginary Music” Podcast.  Rex explains allot of why the line up change and the new direction of Whitecross.  Lot of other great interviews w other Artists too!

Edited by DougEFresh
Mispelling
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DougEFresh said:

I think the “New” Whitecross is the “All grown up” Whitecross.  I enjoyed the first 3-4 Albums then got tired of the sound. This EP that was released was/is really good and it wasn’t mixed and is still really good! For me the EP is Darker than anything Whitecross/Rex has ever written. The music has a more modern metal sound w a new unique (Not Ratt) sound.  I haven’t been this excited about a new Album release since Tourniquet did ‘Gazing at Medusa’.  I only hope that I’m not let down like I was w the Tourniquet Album when released.  Lord willing it’s allot like the EP or better.   
I recomend to all you Whitecross/Rex Carrol fans to check Rex’s interview on the “Imaginary Music” Podcast.  Rex explains allot of why the line up change and the new direction of Whitecross.  Lot of other great interviews w other Artists too!

Haven't really enjoyed Tourniquet since Guy Ritter left. His vocals along with Gary Lenaire's technichal prowess really made the band for me. Nothing beats the first trilogy of albums.  If you haven't already got it, you might like the Flood "Polarised" album that came out in 2022. It has both Guy and Gary Lenaire in the band. Sounds much more like the classic Tourniquet sound.

• 3 weeks later...