Judas Priest - Invincible Shield (New album coming March 2024)

whiplash1972

British heavy metal legends JUDAS PRIEST will release their new studio album, "Invincible Shield", on March 8, 2024 via Sony Music.

The release date for PRIEST's follow-up to 2018's "Firepower" was announced earlier today (Saturday, October 7) by singer Rob Halford during the band's performance at the Power Trip festival in Indio, California.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/judas-priest-to-release-new-studio-album-invincible-shield-in-march-2024?

IMG_5536.jpeg

• Like 1

First single, “Panic Attack”, releases Friday, October 13th 🤘

8 hours ago, whiplash1972 said:

First single, “Panic Attack”, releases Friday, October 13th 🤘

Electronics!!!! Sounds like a throwback to Turbo. Gotta say I loved that album so I am even more excited now.

If it's anywhere near the previous 'Firepower' this will be top notch. Shame we've got to wait until March next year

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Trial by Fire

While the two tracks released so far are decent, they're not in the same league as "Firepower"... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New song "Crown of Horns" 

Yeah, I thought it was a misspelling too 😉

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta say, after the awesomeness that was 2018's Firepower, I've been pretty much underwhelmed by these new songs. 😕

• 3 weeks later...

Finally! That’s what I’ve been wanting to hear! :banger:

If I was a betting man, I’d say that’s a leftover from the Firepower sessions. 

• 2 weeks later...

The title track, "Invincible Shield" 

• 2023 Gold Donors

After one listen I'm giving it a solid 8 out of 10. Starts off strong but loses some momentum towards the end.

I got the Target version with 14 songs and out of the 3 extra songs I like 2 !

• Like 1

I've never been an overly huge Judas Priest fan.  I did love the Turbo album though and usually seem to find a couple tunes on each album I like.  I seem to gravitate toward their more melodic stuff than their burning, power metal screaming stuff.

Here, I think Gates of Hell is my favorite tune.....Really digging that one.  Crown of Horns and Devil in Disguise are very good too.  I wish they'd do a full album of tunes like those....which is kind of what Turbo was lol.

Not too much else grabbing at the moment but it does rock pretty good and I'd think many Priest fans that like that heavier metal style would probably dig it.

Edited by tts42572

7 hours ago, Eric3 said:

Can I get a FUCK YEAH?

I'm not quite that excited... how about one of these? :P 

Hell Yeah Wwe GIF by A&E

I have always been an on/off fan of Priest. Loved Ram it down and Painkiller, then kinda lost interest when Rob left. Only newer albums I ever got around to picking up were Angel of retribution because I saw it real cheap and Nostrodamus as I found the deluxe edition cheap as well.

With this one though I was interested in what I heard and saw the deluxe edition looked cool. I then saw they were selling copies on the JP website with a signed art card in both standard and deluxe format, but baulked at the price of the deluxe as they were charging an extra £10 over the unsigned version, and postage was lumpy ... plus I was a few days from getting paid. By the time I went back on there the signed deluxe was gone but they had the standard version with the signed card and it was the same price as the unsigned version (guess nobody was buying it) so decided to buy that and order the deluxe from Amazon, keep the artcard and sell the standard CD on eBay as it is still sealed.

So yeah, been playing the album today and on my third (or is it fourth) playthrough, and absolutely loving it.

When bands like Bon Jovi are  getting soft as shit with age, Rob and the guys are still full on metal gods. At 72, Rob should not be able to still perform like this, but he fucking well is, so more power to him.

Really good start to the year so far with the 2024 albums I have picked up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

I have always been an on/off fan of Priest. Loved Ram it down and Painkiller, then kinda lost interest when Rob left. Only newer albums I ever got around to picking up were Angel of retribution because I saw it real cheap and Nostrodamus as I found the deluxe edition cheap as well.

With this one though I was interested in what I heard and saw the deluxe edition looked cool. I then saw they were selling copies on the JP website with a signed art card in both standard and deluxe format, but baulked at the price of the deluxe as they were charging an extra £10 over the unsigned version, and postage was lumpy ... plus I was a few days from getting paid. By the time I went back on there the signed deluxe was gone but they had the standard version with the signed card and it was the same price as the unsigned version (guess nobody was buying it) so decided to buy that and order the deluxe from Amazon, keep the artcard and sell the standard CD on eBay as it is still sealed.

So yeah, been playing the album today and on my third (or is it fourth) playthrough, and absolutely loving it.

When bands like Bon Jovi are  getting soft as shit with age, Rob and the guys are still full on metal gods. At 72, Rob should not be able to still perform like this, but he fucking well is, so more power to him.

Really good start to the year so far with the 2024 albums I have picked up.

Agree with this. Though I think you should check out Firepower. You can get it real cheap new everywhere. It is molten. I'm also enjoying Invincible very much and 2024 new music as a whole.