Judas Priest - Invincible Shield (New album coming March 2024)

whiplash1972

I wasn’t thrilled with the singles as they came out, other than “The Serpent and the King”, but I’ll be damned if they haven’t grown on me while listening to them as part of the cohesive package that is “Invincible Shield”. I broke down and picked up the Target exclusive to get the three bonus tracks, and I enjoy them too. Overall, a damn fine addition to the JP discography. Is it better than “Firepower“? I’m not there yet, but time will tell. 🤔

This one and Saxon have set the bar pretty high for metal this year. 👍

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, whiplash1972 said:

I wasn’t thrilled with the singles as they came out, other than “The Serpent and the King”, but I’ll be damned if they haven’t grown on me while listening to them as part of the cohesive package that is “Invincible Shield”. I broke down and picked up the Target exclusive to get the three bonus tracks, and I enjoy them too. Overall, a damn fine addition to the JP discography. Is it better than “Firepower“? I’m not there yet, but time will tell. 🤔

This one and Saxon have set the bar pretty high for metal this year. 👍

Haven't picked up Saxon yet, but as far as metal goes, I love the new Durbin album as well.

1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

Haven't picked up Saxon yet, but as far as metal goes, I love the new Durbin album as well.

I'll have to investigate that Durbin.

I'd count Striker and Mick Mars among the best metal releases as well now that I think about it. 

10 hours ago, whiplash1972 said:

I'll have to investigate that Durbin.

I'd count Striker and Mick Mars among the best metal releases as well now that I think about it. 

Yeah Mick is metal, but Durbin and Priest are classic metal where Mick is more modern imo.

All great albums though.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

I didn't care for Saxon but that Durbin album was better than I was expecting some good tracks on there Power Of The Reaper, Where They Stand, Tear Them Down and The Worshipper 1897.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

The chart placings of this around the world are hella impressive for a metal album

Screenshot-2024-03-22-at-01-00-36-Invinc

New Zealand are officially the biggest pussies of the Western World 😛

8 hours ago, auslander said:

New Zealand are officially the biggest pussies of the Western World 😛

Going on those charts, Aussies are the fourth biggest :whistle:

Edited by Captain Howdy
  • Haha 1

My neighbours knocked on my door at 3am this morning, which I thought was a bit inconsiderate.

Luckily I was already awake playing Invincible shield at full volume.

Edited by Captain Howdy
  • Haha 2