Heavens Edge - Get It Right

Stefan

1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

Wouldn't be surprised if this song was written back in the day and either never recorded or just left off the albums.

It was pretty obvious that Roxy Blue was all new (all shit) material, but so far the songs I have heard from this could all be older songs, which is no bad thing.

Yeah, agree.  I think I saw in an interview with Mark that a lot of these songs have been kicking around for some time.

Little curious to me that they came out with two mid tempo type songs in a row as singles but both good songs.

Listening to the album samples it sounds like there are plenty of up tempo songs on the album.

I'm not sure I'm really expecting all that much from the album but will give it a shot when it drops.

Either way though, it's already better than the Roxy Blue album lol.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Nothing mind-blowing but not bad for a band who hasn't recorded in quite awhile,i fully support any band that wanna re-work or use some of their older unused tunes.Not a d@mn thing wrong with that.Babylon A.D. did that on 'Revelation Highway' and that is an awesome record.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Have listened through the new album a couple times....not mind blowing but pretty decent overall and feels like a nice comeback album for them at this stage.  The last couple singles released were mid tempo type songs but those are the only two like that on the album.  The rest of the album are rockers more in line with the first single Had Enough.

I'd say my early favorites here are probably Nothing Left But Goodbye and When The Lights Go Down. 

I do have to say it feels to me like the album has a nice sound and does a good job sort of staying true to their classic sound but at the same time having a modern touch to it.  And Mark Evans' vocals sound really good to me.

The only thing maybe holding it back for me is I wish there were a couple big, catchy melodic rockers like Find Another Way or Come Play The Game here.  And maybe a lighters in the air ballad like Hold On To Tonight or Just Another Fire.    

Either way though, decent stuff and definitely light years better than Roxy Blue's comeback album! :lol:

Yeah, pretty much agree with a lot of that. I do think that all things considered, and by comparison to what pretty much any single other band from that era releases, in terms of new music... I think this is close to as good as it gets these days. 

'When the lights go down' and 'What could've been' are two fantastic pure melodic rock songs - I love these two. 'Gone gone gone' is really nice too. Of the rockers, 'Had enough' and 'Beautiful disguise' are my favourites. But I agree that the more melodic stuff is very clearly their strength and I'd have loved to hear more of it.  

Good, solid album, though. The highlights are really nice. 

Finally got my copy after much fuckery by Amazon UK. Originally said it would arrive Tues (days after release) then it never shipped. Late Tuesday it shipped from France saying Friday delivery. Friday after moving to several places in France I got a message saying it had been delayed in transit. Saturday night it suddenly went from France to Belgium. Arrived in the UK in the evening, and shipped and delivered today. This CD is better travelled than me.

Anyway, listening to the album and overall it sounds great. Nothing to set the world on fire for sure, but defo a million miles ahead of so called come backs from other bands *cough* Roxy Blue *cough*

Edited by Captain Howdy
  • Like 2