I hate elections

auslander

I am just so over this bloody election (Australia) already. I curse the day I enrolled to vote. Most of all I hate the advertising. Stupid signs on people's fences. Stupid dickwads with their Facebook ads. Idiot politicians everywhere on TV. I hate all this shit. 

You know, monarchies were ok. You only had to do this say every 20 years or so. You already knew what you were getting as the new king or queen beforehand. And, if it was disputed, there would be a little war and every other candidate except the winner gets killed. It has a lot going for it. Even if 1 in 3 monarchs is a psycho, so what, I mean most politicians are pretty psycho anyway. And monarchs who are psycho often get assassinated. Win-win.

Had on Tuesday night ( midnight ) a call by United Australia  Party to ask me who voting, it had a Queensland phone number .

Don't, please, get me started. Impossible not to consider the obscene amount of money that goes into these campaigns... should genuinely be illegal. Bunch of absolute cunts. 

• 2023 Gold Donors

I'm publicly admitting a crime here (and that's the problem), but I haven't voted in 20 years.

I truly believe that being told you HAVE TO vote is the same as being told you can't vote.

Democracy means free choice, although the last couple of years haven't reflected that at all.

I'm also a lazy cunt.

Regarding campaigns, every now and then they provide GOLD like this.

Our Prime Minister, Ladies and Gentlemen.

• Haha 1

I agree with Darkstone. Not about Air Supply, they suck. No, I agree about compulsory voting being wrong. Having to choose between one turd or another turd, whether you like to or not. But not choosing a turd means I will have to pay a fine and stuff that, I pay enough tax as it is.

Completely agree with you guys about compulsory voting. I would not have voted once in my life, but I have to admit this would be the first time I'd have actually wanted to vote in my entire life.

Not because I think my vote will count for one single thing, but just the split second of joy I get from putting the two major parties at the bottom of every list will give me that one moment I'll enjoy this year. To be honest, it's how I've always voted and look where it's got me. But this is probably the first time I'll actually appreciate just how much I despise who I am putting last on the ballot. Absolute cunts. 

I do have one thing on my mind about the whole thing, though. Obviously because Australia is quite probably the dumbest country on earth, Labor - the party that have kept Australia locked down for over two years - is now going to be in charge of the country. Anyone reckons that as the covid cases inevitably rise again in winter, is there a chance these maggot cunts are going to lock us all down again once they're in charge of the whole thing? They were in charge of 5/6 of the country for the last two years and that was hell on earth... wonder how it looks when they have complete control? 

And this is what shits me so much. I listen to a lot of shit from everyone, but the narrative I cannot stand his how bad the country is under the Liberal Government (and by christ it is! BUT!). Have the last two years not actually shown that Labor was running our country, and no one actually gave a single shit what Scomo was saying from his little office? 

Please don't get me wrong. I hate both major parties equally - well, of course I extend my hatred a little further for the lockdown-loving Labor Party, but my pure hatred for the meek, useless and pathetic Liberal Party is barely measurable as anything less than my hatred for Labor. They are the almost identical to me. My point is, that I just find it funny how hardcore Labor maggots say how bad it's been under a Liberal government, when the dumb cunts weren't even in charge anyway, but merely servants to the Labor state premiers for the last three years. And yes, I know apparently things other than covid happened during the government's most recent sitting at the helm, but thanks to the government and media, I'll be fucked if I, or I'm sure anyone else, can remember any of those other  things.   

Anyway, fuck all the cunts. I'll pointlessly give my votes to "freedom friendly" (fuck I hate that term so much) minor parties and watch as absolutely nothing at all changes, again.

And that's what I'd love to see from all these idiot Labor cunts. Once their beloved political party is in power, I would love a weekly, monthly, quarterly, or even yearly summary on all the things that are actually any better because we have a Labor government instead of a Liberal one. Would dearly love to see that list. 

15 hours ago, Darkstone said:

I'm publicly admitting a crime here (and that's the problem), but I haven't voted in 20 years.

I truly believe that being told you HAVE TO vote is the same as being told you can't vote.

Democracy means free choice, although the last couple of years haven't reflected that at all.

I'm also a lazy cunt.

Regarding campaigns, every now and then they provide GOLD like this.

Our Prime Minister, Ladies and Gentlemen.

world cup soccer GIF by ESPN México

17 hours ago, nyoilers said:

I vote twice a year-everything in the USA is political, you can't escape it.

Yeah it sucks. Especially when the reality is both main parties are almost the same. They just look after the mega rich. All of them. May as well just let them take turns with their bullshit. Mix the red and blue together and call it purple. It's the same shit, just stupid identity politics and regular wars to distract people from the reality of unending wealth accumulation for the elites.

I got on to respond and just realized it said "I Hate Elections" which was not even kind of what I thought it said when I first read this, my bad, but maybe I'll start the one I thought it said