Fate - Back To The Past

Stefan

fate-back-to-the-past-re-recorded.jpg

New album with re-recordings of their songs out now.

Tracks:

1 – Gotta Have It All 
2 – Hard as a Rock
3 – Lovers 
4 – (I Can’t Stand) Losing You
5 – Love on the Rox
6 – Walk on Fire 
7 – Beneath da’ Coconuts 
8 – One by One
9 – Hunter 
10 – (She’s Got) The Devil Inside 
11 – Larry 
12 – Summerlove 
13 – I Won’t Stop

• Like 1

Usually I would look very poorly at an album like this. One original band member, and a bass player at that. But credit where it's due. This is a really, really good reworking of these magnificent songs. And because of the vintage of most of them, it's actually pretty cool to hear them beefed up in new 2014 versions (which is apparently when this was actually recorded, but was unable to be released until now, for legal reasons).

Production is great and the band sounds awesome. Massive props must be handed to the vocalist too. It's not that he sounds exactly like one of their previous vocalists, or that he changes the band's sound or anything. To me, he just sounds like a perfect mix of both their previous vocalists. As if the two blended together and formed his voice. It's actually really impressive. 

So, I wouldn't usually applaud something like this, but very good album. I enjoyed it thoroughly. 

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Never heard of these guys but the songs are great.  Definitely will check it out.

If you haven't heard the original versions of the songs I'd recommend giving the band's first 4 releases a listen, some really good songs in their discography.  "A Matter of Attitude" and "Scratch 'N Sniff" are two of my all time favorite albums.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Crazysam said:

If you haven't heard the original versions of the songs I'd recommend giving the band's first 4 releases a listen, some really good songs in their discography.  "A Matter of Attitude" and "Scratch 'N Sniff" are two of my all time favorite albums.  

First 4 are essential listening!

14 hours ago, Crazysam said:

I will definitely do that.  Thanks!