Warrants Cherry Pie

Leykis101

Cherry Pie and DED are easily the best albums, the order depends on the day and my mood. I’d even rate Ultraphobic ahead of DRFSR…other than the two big ballads it was a pretty pedestrian release for the time. 

11 hours ago, zacharyamelie said:

Cherry Pie and DED are easily the best albums, the order depends on the day and my mood. I’d even rate Ultraphobic ahead of DRFSR…other than the two big ballads it was a pretty pedestrian release for the time. 

WHAT??? You rate the ballads over Down Boys or In The Sticks? the only reason I even heard the ballads was cause they pounded them into our brain on the radio, i hate ballads, unless theres something truly different to it, as in Hardline I can find my way or blue tears halfway to heaven, or Wham! Careless Whisper

• My Little Pony
20 hours ago, Darkstone said:

I also love "Rockaholic" 

I've always been a huge Robert Mason fan and he can do no wrong in my book.

I particularly love track number 4.   ;) 

Is that "Sex Ain't Love"? Haven't listened to the album in a while. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
9 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Is that "Sex Ain't Love"? Haven't listened to the album in a while. 

No, it's "Dusty's Revenge".

The whole concept album is about a "Rockaholic" named "Dusty", featuring one of my favourite Vocalists heading up one of my favourite bands. 

This album for me is a win, win, win!!!

On 12/23/2021 at 12:12 AM, Leykis101 said:

WHAT??? You rate the ballads over Down Boys or In The Sticks? the only reason I even heard the ballads was cause they pounded them into our brain on the radio, i hate ballads, unless theres something truly different to it, as in Hardline I can find my way or blue tears halfway to heaven, or Wham! Careless Whisper

In the sticks was almost as weak as 32 pennies. Don't mind either of them but they were fairly weak songs compared to their best. Ridin high and Cold sweat aren't that amazing either. All the other songs though I loved.

5 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

In the sticks was almost as weak as 32 pennies. Don't mind either of them but they were fairly weak songs compared to their best. Ridin high and Cold sweat aren't that amazing either. All the other songs though I loved.

You just eliminated half the album as "weak", that's like 1 complete side, I just finished listening to it from start to finish, I didnt care for the title track, or the ballads, ridin high was filler, now that I think about it, maybe it wasnt a mind blowing debut, maybe the fact it had Down Boys on it sugar coated my feelings for it, Cherry Pie is a far superior album, I'm not afraid to update my feelings on it, Down Boys is still the best song they ever did, IMO, of course only exceeded by the legendary Ode To Tipper Gore

3 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

You just eliminated half the album as "weak", that's like 1 complete side, I just finished listening to it from start to finish, I didnt care for the title track, or the ballads, ridin high was filler, now that I think about it, maybe it wasnt a mind blowing debut, maybe the fact it had Down Boys on it sugar coated my feelings for it, Cherry Pie is a far superior album, I'm not afraid to update my feelings on it, Down Boys is still the best song they ever did, IMO, of course only exceeded by the legendary Ode To Tipper Gore

I think I like the debut better, though it's close. And my all-time favourite Warrant track is "Uncle Tom's Cabin". Combined an amazing narrative lyric with a great rocker. I've never stopped loving that track even if I go off others on occasion.

This might be a weird comparison but that Richard Marx song "Hazard" is another good narrative lyric (told from the viewpoint of a murder suspect), and while the music is a bit more wussy, the lyric makes me still enjoy the song even when his other stuff seems annoying now.

7 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

1.Dog Eat Dog

2.Cherry Pie

3.DRFSR

Everything else they did was very forgettable .....

Yeah Im gonna have to agree with this, although I think Cherry Pie over all has better songs, but DED was much heavier, and I think that made me enjoy it more,

• Like 1