Warrants Cherry Pie

Leykis101

Does anybody else agree with me? Bed Of Roses and Mr. Rainmaker couldve been released as singles and done just as good if not better of Cherry Pie, outside of the title track of course, Blind Faith and I saw red are kind of the low points on thee album I think

• Like 2

100%

100% passionately disagree with everything you said

Bed of Roses and Mr Rainmaker are average songs and would have done nothing if released as singles first.

I Saw Red and Blind Faith are killer songs and did exactly what they should have done.

• Haha 2

• My Little Pony
39 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

100%

Bed of Roses and Mr Rainmaker are average songs and would have done nothing if released as singles first.

I Saw Red and Blind Faith are killer songs and did exactly what they should have done.

Haha. 

I appreciate you. 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

100%

Blind Faith is average, it didnt even break the top 40, so yeah im with you on that one, i think Cherry Pie's an awful song, and Ode To Tipper Gore not being released as a single is by far the low of Warrants releases.

8 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Haha. 

I appreciate you. 

I appreciate both of you, thanks for checking in you guys, good to know you both are still here.

• Haha 1

Interesting topic. I don't ever know what singles ever had what success in the day, apart from something obvious like Cherry Pie. So if I had a look at the album... actually, let's do this. I'm going to look at the album and list, in order, what I think the best options for singles were. 

1. Cherry Pie - for obvious reasons.

2. Uncle Tom's Cabin - just because it's such an awesome song, and if I'm not mistaken it was a relatively successful single accordingly.

3. I saw red - same reasons as above. It's such a brilliant song that it deserved acclaim and success.

4. Blind faith - I don't think it's a particularly remarkable song, but it's a good ballad and ballads were making money, so an obvious choice for a single. I guess releasing two ballads in a row could not be a great move would be the only drawback?

5. The rest of them. I like every song on this album and 'Mr Rainmaker' is one of my favourite Warrant songs, but to me it doesn't scream "successful single" in any way shape or form. It's just one of those songs that the fans of the band would all love, but I couldn't see it going anywhere as a single. The other songs all have that anthem kind of appeal that if you got the same type of 'Pour Some Sugar On Me' / 'Cherry Pie' / 'Unskinny Bop' luck they could have had a hit on their bands, but as they'd already had that with the title track I can see why it didn't pan out that way. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

100%

WHAT??? you disagree? that must really sting, and look you endeared Nolan, I think you guys are ganging up on me, you guys must be white supremacists, im going to call for the cancel of Cherry Pie, white supremacists listen to Warrant, unbelievable. Xenophobia is a serious issue, and I bet Warrant agrees.

• Haha 1

• 2023 Gold Donors

100% agree about "Bed of Roses" and "Mr. Rainmaker". I absolutely love those tracks.

100% disagree about the ballads. 

"and I didn't need to see his face... I saw yours" is one of the best lines ever written.

• Like 1

Mr Rainmaker is my favorite Warrant song. If(and it should have been)it was released as a single it could/should have done well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Rocker said:

Mr Rainmaker is my favorite Warrant song. If(and it should have been)it was released as a single it could/should have done well.

Well that's what I thought but apparently it's only a mediocre or average song, I always dug it, thought it was a different dynamic for the album, it's more of a serious feel, with an outstanding chorus, I think ode to tipper gore was the pinnacle of Warrants song writing ability's, should've been the 1st single

5 hours ago, Darkstone said:

100% agree about "Bed of Roses" and "Mr. Rainmaker". I absolutely love those tracks.

100% disagree about the ballads. 

"and I didn't need to see his face... I saw yours" is one of the best lines ever written.

Well I think it's a little to good, it's not really a situation I like to draw memories of, funny fact when I saw Warrant in 2000, b4 they played that song Jani says, "I wrote this one heartbroken and highly intoxicated and to this day I still hate that fucking cunt" LOL, I saw them with LA Guns and Ratt, LA Guns made a joke of themselves, Phil was so fucking drunk he fell off the stage, had to start EZ Come Sleazy Go over 3 times cause he kept forgetting the words, Tracii was physically angry, he even spit at Phil, and Warrant blew both bands out of the park, Jani was probably the 2nd greatest showman I ever saw live in my life, 2nd only to Edguys Tobias Sammet, I never did see DLR live sadly.

• Like 1

Rainmaker is probably my favorite song on this album also.  Just a fantastic tune.

My biggest complaint is that Thin Disguise should've been on the album as I dig that tune.  I'm glad it's basically made it on through the remasters but should've been there all along.

That said though, I love the whole album.  This album dropped when I was 18 and had just graduated high school and beginning college.  Lots of good memories associated with this album.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, nyoilers said:

I Saw Red is a great ballad.

And I hope no one thinks that I'm ganging up on them !

Me and G-Off are praying for it

• Haha 1

Well then, I guess we established Mr. Rainmakers is indeed, a better then average song, Bed Of Roses not so much.

3 hours ago, Darkstone said:

One thing we can all agree on is that this album is one of the greats.

Oh I can def agree with that, I will go as far as to say DRFSR can very well go in that conversation, hey Dusty, wanna hear a funny story that just happened? my little nephew gets on my laptop and puts music on his phone, he's 9, tonight when his dad showed up to get him he had his headphones in, and he was singing, pretty loud cause his music was up loud, guess what this little fucker had put on his phone? he was singing Stranger Then Paradise, I lost my shit, he doesnt usually put stuff from my collection on his phone, not rock anyways, I said dude, what the fuck, he said he liked the name of the album, LOL, screwed blued and tattooed, I had to tell someone who understood how funny this was, thats gotta be people who know what the fuck im talking about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I think 99% of bands would kill to have the success of a song like Cherry Pie. 

Yeah, it's not my favourite Warrant track, but it certainly sold a lot of their albums, and I like to think those people who bought the album cause of Cherry Pie found a lot of other great tracks on it to enjoy. 

I personally think Jani Lane felt underappreciated as a songwriter and partially blamed that on the huge success of Cherry Pie. But I also think the song is fine. It did exactly what it was supposed to do. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

Oh I can def agree with that, I will go as far as to say DRFSR can very well go in that conversation, hey Dusty, wanna hear a funny story that just happened? my little nephew gets on my laptop and puts music on his phone, he's 9, tonight when his dad showed up to get him he had his headphones in, and he was singing, pretty loud cause his music was up loud, guess what this little fucker had put on his phone? he was singing Stranger Then Paradise, I lost my shit, he doesnt usually put stuff from my collection on his phone, not rock anyways, I said dude, what the fuck, he said he liked the name of the album, LOL, screwed blued and tattooed, I had to tell someone who understood how funny this was, thats gotta be people who know what the fuck im talking about.

Now THAT song shoulda been a MASSIVE hit. Geez I love Sleeze Beez.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

That Sleeze Beez is fucking brilliant...as is Powertool...but your 9 year old nephew listening to it...priceless...hats off to you,his dad and indeed the wee man himself for passing on/listening to our stuffand a whole new generation to appreciate,my youngest is 9 and he knows some of my music...but i'd be chuffed as shit if he sang to Stranger In Paradise...as I said Priceless :drink:

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, auslander said:

Now THAT song shoulda been a MASSIVE hit. Geez I love Sleeze Beez.

Agreed...such a class act...couldnt believe way back on its release that these guys were Dutch...the two albums (Screwed & Powertool) deserve a full remaster so we can pump it up even louder \m/

• Like 1