Jump to content

No news is good news


auslander
 Share

Recommended Posts

Like Geoff has previously stated: if you don't watch the news and just look around in your own neighbourhood, things are pretty good.

Fuck the media. They are only there to bring misery and anxiety in our lives.

I don't care if they are right wing, left wing, chicken wing. They all suck.

I'm pledging from this weekend for a week to go news free. Even on this site, I'm going boycott watching any YouTube news commentary posts. 

Why am I telling you this? Because I see how fired up everyone is getting and I've been there too. Rock on dudes!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, you're right. I'd forgotten how great and "normal" things felt when I deliberately disconnected from all news media following the election. I think I need to do so again, including some of the threads here. They just piss me off.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, auslander said:

Like Geoff has previously stated: if you don't watch the news and just look around in your own neighbourhood, things are pretty good.

Fuck the media. They are only there to bring misery and anxiety in our lives.

I don't care if they are right wing, left wing, chicken wing. They all suck.

I'm pledging from this weekend for a week to go news free. Even on this site, I'm going boycott watching any YouTube news commentary posts. 

Why am I telling you this? Because I see how fired up everyone is getting and I've been there too. Rock on dudes!

you think people are physically getting fired up? Im just arguing with nit wits, absolutely nothing to get fired up about, is that how it really comes off? dude I do this shit all day everyday, it's kind of amusing, go to twitter or parler and see some of that shit, those are people who get worked up, these guys are just guys who have great taste in music and no clue in politics thats all, just had to have something to do when bored.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Leykis101 said:

you think people are physically getting fired up? Im just arguing with nit wits, absolutely nothing to get fired up about, is that how it really comes off? dude I do this shit all day everyday, it's kind of amusing, go to twitter or parler and see some of that shit, those are people who get worked up, these guys are just guys who have great taste in music and no clue in politics thats all, just had to have something to do when bored.

Not physically, no. But emotionally, yeah. Let's be real, and this doesn't mean I don't care about Afghanistan, but... if I wasn't seeing it on "the news" I wouldn't know about it. The thing is, what can I do about it? So, all it does is increase my anxiety or make me argue with people I'd otherwise love to share a beer with. And not a single one of those arguments will stop some barbarian savage from raping or torturing halfway around the world. 

The news is designed to keep the masses in anger or fear, cause then we can be more easily controlled or distracted from our own communities. To quote Dune: fear is the mindkiller.

And anger pulls us apart from our neighbours. But, hey, that is just how I feel. I'm not telling others how to live their lives, just wanna share my thoughts on media.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, auslander said:

Not physically, no. But emotionally, yeah. Let's be real, and this doesn't mean I don't care about Afghanistan, but... if I wasn't seeing it on "the news" I wouldn't know about it. The thing is, what can I do about it? So, all it does is increase my anxiety or make me argue with people I'd otherwise love to share a beer with. And not a single one of those arguments will stop some barbarian savage from raping or torturing halfway around the world. 

The news is designed to keep the masses in anger or fear, cause then we can be more easily controlled or distracted from our own communities. To quote Dune: fear is the mindkiller.

And anger pulls us apart from our neighbours. But, hey, that is just how I feel. I'm not telling others how to live their lives, just wanna share my thoughts on media.

Well said...not sure I can go news free though...it is almost an addiction, along with my morning coffee I need to see what is going on in the world even if it is depressing as hell.....and unfortunately it always is depressing....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Leykis101 said:

you think people are physically getting fired up? Im just arguing with nit wits, absolutely nothing to get fired up about, is that how it really comes off? dude I do this shit all day everyday, it's kind of amusing, go to twitter or parler and see some of that shit, those are people who get worked up, these guys are just guys who have great taste in music and no clue in politics thats all, just had to have something to do when bored.

I agree 100 %....;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, auslander said:

Not physically, no. But emotionally, yeah. Let's be real, and this doesn't mean I don't care about Afghanistan, but... if I wasn't seeing it on "the news" I wouldn't know about it. The thing is, what can I do about it? So, all it does is increase my anxiety or make me argue with people I'd otherwise love to share a beer with. And not a single one of those arguments will stop some barbarian savage from raping or torturing halfway around the world. 

The news is designed to keep the masses in anger or fear, cause then we can be more easily controlled or distracted from our own communities. To quote Dune: fear is the mindkiller.

And anger pulls us apart from our neighbours. But, hey, that is just how I feel. I'm not telling others how to live their lives, just wanna share my thoughts on media.

Yeah, I guess some of us just enjoy arguing, we find it fun, we are nit wits and just get a rise off of arguing, Ive always understood nothing I say is going to change a goddamn thing, sometimes it's just fun to be sarcastic and rude, and argue, and if there are takers I just figure they enjoy it as well, it's not like the fate of the world rests on what me or dead planet or glen disagree on, even if their clearly misguided... cough cough lol

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Leykis101 said:

Yeah, I guess some of us just enjoy arguing, we find it fun, we are nit wits and just get a rise off of arguing, Ive always understood nothing I say is going to change a goddamn thing, sometimes it's just fun to be sarcastic and rude, and argue, and if there are takers I just figure they enjoy it as well, it's not like the fate of the world rests on what me or dead planet or glen disagree on, even if their clearly misguided... cough cough lol

Yeah sometimes we get caught up in the moment but you are right nothing we say here or anywhere means a damn thing.... I sometimes wonder if we are all living in the Matrix....

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

Yeah sometimes we get caught up in the moment but you are right nothing we say here or anywhere means a damn thing.... I sometimes wonder if we are all living in the Matrix....

Look if it's all shits and giggles that's cool, just I keep thinking there are more things that bind us together (i.e. love for music done by alphas with big hair wearing spandex) than stupid stuff like politics. But, I still reckon not binging on news might do me good for a week. Gonna do it anyway to see if it helps. 🤪 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, auslander said:

Look if it's all shits and giggles that's cool, just I keep thinking there are more things that bind us together (i.e. love for music done by alphas with big hair wearing spandex) than stupid stuff like politics. But, I still reckon not binging on news might do me good for a week. Gonna do it anyway to see if it helps. 🤪 

No bro, this really is light stuff, some of the shit I take on twitter and facebook is pretty fucking hilarious, way uncalled for, but very humorous, and when someone does get under my skin, I can usually just return with a personal shot and that makes them lose their shit and meltdown, I got banned off twitter but set up a new account under my alias, shit gets violent and personal, and I get tons of death threats, things about my mom, my manhood gets called into question, it's generally those faggot cock gobbler antifa queers, those queers try saying everything under the sun to get to me, but they are just keyboard killers, and in real life would be scared just leaving their moms basement, but I like to see if anyone can get to me, cause I dont find many that do, when someone does its truly a wake up, but like I said, usually only one thing gets to me, and really nobody ever hits on it, so Its all just troll city for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, auslander said:

Not physically, no. But emotionally, yeah. Let's be real, and this doesn't mean I don't care about Afghanistan, but... if I wasn't seeing it on "the news" I wouldn't know about it. The thing is, what can I do about it? So, all it does is increase my anxiety or make me argue with people I'd otherwise love to share a beer with. And not a single one of those arguments will stop some barbarian savage from raping or torturing halfway around the world. 

The news is designed to keep the masses in anger or fear, cause then we can be more easily controlled or distracted from our own communities. To quote Dune: fear is the mindkiller.

And anger pulls us apart from our neighbours. But, hey, that is just how I feel. I'm not telling others how to live their lives, just wanna share my thoughts on media.

have you seen Dune? Is it any good? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, I've touched on it before, but nothing good comes from watching or listening to the news. Nothing at all. I admit I have slipped a little in recent times when this covid rubbish started to impact my daily decisions on how my life happens, but I make sure my exposure is as limited as humanly possible. 

But hearing mind-numbing stats on one single subject for 19 months and counting, or who died today or what PC fuckery is weeding it's way into every day life... what's the point in having any of that rubbish in your life? And of course I don't mean deaths are rubbish, but how does hearing about a baby dying because his mum tried to avoid a swooping magpie add anything even remotely positive to my day or life? I have only heard that story third hand and it still haunts me. If I put the news on and hear about children or animals dying, or even a parent... that stays with me and haunts my thoughts for way longer than probably most people. But anyway... just why? Why do we need to hear every day how many people died from what? 

Yeah, fuck it. I try to enjoy as much about what is actually relevant to my daily life as I can, even if you can't avoid it all, no matter how hard you try. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.