Christian Hard song of the day

On 8/6/2021 at 9:37 PM, auslander said:

Fear Not from their one and only album in 1993. Still has a fresh sound now.

Excellent album, one of the rare Christian rock bands to actually bring "attitude" to their sound. This was a massive step up from their former incarnation, when they were called Love Life (which was a solid album itself, by the way).

• Like 1

On 8/7/2021 at 11:29 PM, auslander said:

I'm not sure if anyone talked about this CD in 2018, but it is better than 95% of anything released these days. For those who love sleaze metal, check out Chaotic Resemblance. It was hard to pick a song to be honest as I love the whole album.

I haven't grabbed this particular album yet but I did recently pick up their latest release, "Covenant." It does sound like a Christian band's attempt at the sleaze-metal genre and I appreciate the effort to bring some balls into Christian rock, but it's definitely not up to the standards of their secular peers such as Crashdiet or Hardcore Superstar. That said, it was good enough to earn a spot in my collection and I have no problem giving it the occasional spin.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2021 at 7:13 AM, auslander said:

It was over-produced. Which is something that not many Christian rock albums are accused of doing! I much prefer the two Shout albums before it.

Yeah, the overproduction didn't help things, but I can get past that if the songs are there (like "Radio Bikini") but for the most part, the tunes just absolutely paled in comparison to Shout. There was/is also too much Lanny Cordola influence, something which also hurt Ransom's 2nd album.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2021 at 6:18 PM, auslander said:

Broken Silence from 1995 with this heavy glam release. Very catchy tune.

I remember paying a fortune for this CD back in the day, as I believe it was a limited-run Japan-only release. It was worth the money, though, because it's a really solid album.

On 8/13/2021 at 7:01 PM, auslander said:

Some prog from John Elefante in 2013. The whole album is excellent and I play it often. 

I've never been able to get into John Elefante's solo stuff. Love his voice, love his work with Mastedon, and love his production skills, but aside from the odd song here and there, his solo albums have all missed the mark for me.