Christian Hard song of the day

AOR from 2005, the band is Cry Holy and this song is the title track to the album AlieNation. I think AOR fans would love this track.

Edited by auslander

From the Violet Burning's brief period in the mainstream. This song is from their self-titled album in 1996. Alternative rock with plenty of distortion.

Edited by auslander
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, auslander said:

From the Violet Burning's brief period in the mainstream. This song is from their self-titled album in 1996. Alternative rock with plenty of distortion.

Can't say I've heard this one yet 

On 8/19/2021 at 1:54 AM, Mr.AOR said:

Definitely one of the better modern Christian rock bands out there and this might very well be their best song.

9 hours ago, auslander said:

Michael W Smith released an AOR album (his only rock album) in 1986 that featured (you guessed it) Dan Huff ripping it up on guitar. This is from The Big Picture.

His only rock album? You don't consider "I 2 (Eye)" to be rock as well? I always considered these two back-to-back albums to be Smitty's rock phase. Frankly, I wish he'd go back to this sound...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, metalmaniac777 said:

Frankly, I wish he'd go back to this sound...

Yeah but he followed the crowd and I don't know what Christian is supposed to sound like but for some reason it has a genre??? Like it is all supposed to sound the same???? Idk

So he went for that anyway and it sounds absolutely awful

2 hours ago, metalmaniac777 said:

His only rock album? You don't consider "I 2 (Eye)" to be rock as well? I always considered these two back-to-back albums to be Smitty's rock phase. Frankly, I wish he'd go back to this sound...

I have I 2 eye but to me it was half rock half where he'd become. 

25 minutes ago, PetraGirl86 said:

Yeah but he followed the crowd and I don't know what Christian is supposed to sound like but for some reason it has a genre??? Like it is all supposed to sound the same???? Idk

So he went for that anyway and it sounds absolutely awful

I agree. It's not a genre. I mean if a bloke's doing your plumbing and then you find out he is a Christian does that make him a Christian plumber? 

The only difference is lyrics and the way albums were distributed. But if different forms of distribution are an issue then why isn't "mailorder" or "download" a genre? 

40 minutes ago, auslander said:

Back in 1988 Novella released this version of the song Running Home on the excellent Axemen compilation. It is superior to the later album version, in my opinion.

Heavens On My Mind is my favorite of theirs! 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• From Sleaze Roxx Stryper’s acoustic project ‘Acousticyzed’ getting re-released - Sleaze Roxx Stryper’s acoustic project ‘Acousticyzed’ getting re-released Back on February 16, 2024, Christian rockers Stryper consisting of lead vocalist / guitarist Michael Sweet, drummer Robert Sweet, guitarist Oz Fox and bassist Perry Richardson released their first acoustic record titled Acousticyzed. but in limited quantities. Not surprisingly, the album sold out pretty quickly and now Stryper have decided to re-release it in various new formats. Track List for Acousticyzed (released on Feb. 16, 2024): 01. You Know What To Do 02. Soldiers Under Command 03. No More Hell To Pay 04. Make You Mine 05. Loud & Clear 06. Lady 07. Honestly 08. Calling On You 09. Amazing Grace 10. Always There For You 11. All For One The following message was posted on Stryper‘s Facebook page back on April 12, 2024: “We’re here to share a major update: the Stryper acoustic project is being re-released in new and exciting ways! Initially, when we decided to offer Acousticyzed two-disc sets directly to consumers, we were extremely cautious with production. Since this project was entirely self-funded and independently released, it was crucial for us to assess interest before taking an even bigger leap. Well…as you may be aware, the sets sold out very quickly, and we can’t thank you enough for making that happen. That said, we’ve heard your feedback loud and clear! You want MORE. We’re thrilled to announce a partnership that will take this project to the next level. We’re teaming up with a company to elevate the experience and bring you some incredible new products. This collaboration will allow us to expand our formats to include vinyl, CDs, DVDs/Blu-rays, and even cassettes. Stay tuned for more details and release dates. We’ll also have these items available for purchase during our upcoming “To Hell With The Amps” tour (https://stryper.com/tour). We are incredibly grateful to each and every one of you for your unwavering support of this project, and we can’t wait to share this next chapter with you!”
    • Watching a game from the bleachers in Fenway is definitely an experience !
    • “Say Goodbye “ “Friends”  
    • Couple of other soundtrack tunes..  
    • This is actually one of the first AOR albums I found when I began researching the genre. I would listen to this album all the time back in high school; I have very fond memories of it.
    • First song 'Face The Master' from the upcoming album 'Invincible' out May 17th through Frontiers. TRACKLIST 1. Intro 2. In My Blood 3. Face The Master 4. Ghost From The Past 5. Beyond The Darkside 6. Hole In The Sky 7. Break The Spell 8. Rise Up 9. Invincible 10. Cradle To The Grave 11. Breaking The Silence 12. Forever Seventeen    
    • And Paul Dean did a cover too in 1989
    • And more recently Crazy Lixx had a go.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.