Christian Hard song of the day

AOR from 2005, the band is Cry Holy and this song is the title track to the album AlieNation. I think AOR fans would love this track.

Edited by auslander

From the Violet Burning's brief period in the mainstream. This song is from their self-titled album in 1996. Alternative rock with plenty of distortion.

Edited by auslander
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, auslander said:

From the Violet Burning's brief period in the mainstream. This song is from their self-titled album in 1996. Alternative rock with plenty of distortion.

Can't say I've heard this one yet 

On 8/19/2021 at 1:54 AM, Mr.AOR said:

Definitely one of the better modern Christian rock bands out there and this might very well be their best song.

Michael W Smith released an AOR album (his only rock album) in 1986 that featured (you guessed it) Dan Huff ripping it up on guitar. This is from The Big Picture.

9 hours ago, auslander said:

Michael W Smith released an AOR album (his only rock album) in 1986 that featured (you guessed it) Dan Huff ripping it up on guitar. This is from The Big Picture.

His only rock album? You don't consider "I 2 (Eye)" to be rock as well? I always considered these two back-to-back albums to be Smitty's rock phase. Frankly, I wish he'd go back to this sound...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, metalmaniac777 said:

Frankly, I wish he'd go back to this sound...

Yeah but he followed the crowd and I don't know what Christian is supposed to sound like but for some reason it has a genre??? Like it is all supposed to sound the same???? Idk

So he went for that anyway and it sounds absolutely awful

2 hours ago, metalmaniac777 said:

His only rock album? You don't consider "I 2 (Eye)" to be rock as well? I always considered these two back-to-back albums to be Smitty's rock phase. Frankly, I wish he'd go back to this sound...

I have I 2 eye but to me it was half rock half where he'd become. 

25 minutes ago, PetraGirl86 said:

Yeah but he followed the crowd and I don't know what Christian is supposed to sound like but for some reason it has a genre??? Like it is all supposed to sound the same???? Idk

So he went for that anyway and it sounds absolutely awful

I agree. It's not a genre. I mean if a bloke's doing your plumbing and then you find out he is a Christian does that make him a Christian plumber? 

The only difference is lyrics and the way albums were distributed. But if different forms of distribution are an issue then why isn't "mailorder" or "download" a genre? 

Back in 1988 Novella released this version of the song Running Home on the excellent Axemen compilation. It is superior to the later album version, in my opinion.

40 minutes ago, auslander said:

Back in 1988 Novella released this version of the song Running Home on the excellent Axemen compilation. It is superior to the later album version, in my opinion.

Heavens On My Mind is my favorite of theirs!