IRON MAIDEN new double album SENJUTSU due September 3rd

AlphaMale

64tml8fo16c71.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/iron-maiden-announce-double-album-131645741.html

•  

Claire Shaffer
Mon, July 19, 2021, 9:16 AM·2 min read

Photo copyright by JOHN McMURTRIE - Credit: JOHN McMURTRIE

Photo copyright by JOHN McMURTRIE - Credit: JOHN McMURTRIE

On the heels of their Biblical single “The Writing on the Wall,” Iron Maiden have announced Senjutsu, their 17th studio album and the band’s first in six years.

Senjutsu, out September 3rd, will be a double album with a running time just shy of 82 minutes. The album was recorded in Paris with the band’s longtime producer Kevin Shirley and co-produced by Steve Harris. The Japanese title loosely translates into “tactics and strategy,” and the samurai-inspired artwork was created by Mark Wilkinson from an idea by Harris.

“We chose to record at Guillaume Tell Studio in France again as the place has such a relaxed vibe,” Harris says. “The setup there is perfect for our needs; the building used to be a cinema and has a really high ceiling so there’s a great acoustic sound. We recorded this album in the same way we did The Book of Souls in that we’d write a song, rehearse it, and then put it down together straight away while it was all fresh in our minds.”

He adds: “There are some very complex songs on this album which took a lot of hard work to get them exactly as we wanted them to sound, so the process was at times very challenging, but Kevin is great at capturing the essence of the band and I think it was worth the effort! I’m very proud of the result and can’t wait for fans to hear it.”

Lead singer Bruce Dickinson says: “We’re all really excited about this album. We recorded it back in early 2019 during a break in the Legacy tour so we could maximize our touring yet still have a long set up period before release to prepare great album art and something special as a video. Of course, the pandemic delayed things more — so much for the best-laid plans — or should that be ‘strategies’!? The songs are very varied, and some of them are quite long. There are also one or two songs which sound pretty different to our usual style, and I think Maiden fans will be surprised — in a good way, I hope!”

Iron Maiden, Senjutsu Tracklist

1. Senjutsu
2. Stratego
3. The Writing on the Wall
4. Lost in a Lost World
5. Days of Future Past
6. The Time Machine
7. Darkest Hour
8. Death of the Celts
9. The Parchment
10. Hell on Earth

Edited by AlphaMale

20 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Meh. I'll say what nobody here wants to admit. One of the most overrated bands ever.

Ridiculous statement. They were the pioneers of metal.

Double album,with 10 songs?

So they will keep getting longer and longer tunes,but less and less memorable.

I don't know man,their last two albums were complete mess.

A matter of life and death was solid.

But for me they will never top 80s albums. 

Just too long,too brooding songs,lacking power of their classic material.

52 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

Ridiculous statement. They were the pioneers of metal.

So? Your argument is? Because they were pioneers everyone should like them? What a load of horse manure.

W.A.S.P. is another example. Crap.

:P

• 2023 Gold Donors
2 hours ago, Stefan said:

Meh. I'll say what nobody here wants to admit. One of the most overrated bands ever.

I beg to differ.I'm glad that there's a release of new material.

I thought Book of Souls was another top notch release by them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nyoilers said:

I agree, Book of Souls was top notch. I like Maiden and enjoy their proggy songs. They also write good lyrics to suit their epics. 

I can't understand someone not liking Maiden and liking metal. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nyoilers said:

Spot on. And W.A.S.P. was one of my favorite bands!

• Like 1

On 7/20/2021 at 2:06 AM, Doggy said:

The title means uses of natural energy

Senjutsu is a Japanese term that loosely translates as 'tactics and strategy', but can also refer to skill, technique, trick, resources and – most interestingly – magic.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/19/2021 at 8:01 PM, Stefan said:

Back in the 80s they were one of the most formidable forces in metal.

Amazing albums up to Somewhere in Time and were basically untouchable live.

NOTB & Piece of Mind gigs would still rank v high in over 40 yrs of gigging. 

That said nothing after Brave New World is really worth listening to, the Blaze years are forgettable and the first 2 singles are a bit meh with a shoddy sounding production 😒

• Like 1

I've never been the biggest fan but they are excellent at what they do,was lucky enough to see then in their heyday before Bruce left and came back,as stated though they do have some classic albums,the Blaze years were forgettable...still dunno why they went with that & Brave New World is the only thing from them I've given any time to since Fear Of The Dark if i'm honest.

9 hours ago, Glen said:

Back in the 80s they were one of the most formidable forces in metal.

Amazing albums up to Somewhere in Time and were basically untouchable live.

NOTB & Piece of Mind gigs would still rank v high in over 40 yrs of gigging. 

That said nothing after Brave New World is really worth listening to, the Blaze years are forgettable and the first 2 singles are a bit meh with a shoddy sounding production 😒

Wow. Agree with 2 of your posts in 1 day! Just as I said, pretty much everything after Brave New World has been a disappointment. A few songs here and there were decent but nothing even close to the quality of Brave New World.

That being said I like both singles but agree production could be better.

• 2 weeks later...

It's typical latter era Maiden..no surprises and band just comfortable in doing what they do, like or not. I don't mind a few of the tracks, but am not going to spend too much time on it tbh

• Like 1