At 1980 - California Nights

Mr.AOR

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, lettard said:

Thanks. 

• 3 weeks later...

Listening now. Seems to be a little more uptempo and rocking than the debut, not necessarily a qualm, just an observation. More guitars.

Caroline and Hotel Crowne are the best tracks. I'm Still On Your Side is skippable. I'm a tad underwhelmed, honestly.

Edited by Eric3

I hesitate to say this because I don't want it to sound like I don't love this, because I do. It's a really good album with some cracking songs. But, weirdly, listening to this album made me appreciate what I already knew, which is how fucking amazing LeBrock are. 

• Like 1

have you guys listened to Ace Buchanon?

6 hours ago, Stefan said:

No. But I've listened to the other Ace. Frehley i think his last name is... :)

Ventura?

On 8/13/2021 at 8:16 AM, Geoff said:

I hesitate to say this because I don't want it to sound like I don't love this, because I do. It's a really good album with some cracking songs. But, weirdly, listening to this album made me appreciate what I already knew, which is how fucking amazing LeBrock are. 

Yup, I was thinking this the other day. They're not even comparable to most synthwave really.

• 3 weeks later...

My cd of this keeps getting delayed  :( every week im getting a message to say its gone a further week back from release...think its 17th sept now...fingers crossed...although this is the first newretrowave release I didnt but direct from bandcamp..got it from HHV in europe.

• 1 month later...

Received this...at last...sounds really good indeed...I know LeBrock are the pinnacle but this is still a great listen....Maria opens this up so well.

Edited by lettard
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, lettard said:

Received this...at last...sounds really good indeed...I know LeBrock are the pinnacle but this is still a great listen....Maria opens this up so well.

I'll let you know when mine arrives

• Like 1