I Like Beer!

Blue Charvel

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didn't get to drink from buckets on the weekend as the place we were meant to go was booked out, but I tried to make up for it by drinking bucketloads elsewhere. I did okay-ish. Me sure likes beer.

Saw this on Fox News and had to share... hey, you Canucks! Upgrade your beer fridges, eh? You're killin' our planet ya hosers!!

Study: Canadian Beer Drinkers Threaten Planet

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Scientists have found a new threat to the planet: Canadian beer drinkers.

The government-commissioned study says the old, inefficient "beer fridges" that one in three Canadian households use to store their Molson and Labatt's contribute significantly to global warming by guzzling gas- and coal-fired electricity.

"People need to understand the impact of their lifestyles," British environmental consultant Joanna Yarrow tells New Scientist magazine. "Clearly the environmental implications of having a frivolous luxury like a beer fridge are not hitting home. This research helps inform people — let's hope it has an effect."

The problem is that the beer fridges are mostly decades-old machines that began their second careers as beverage dispensers when Canadians upgraded to more energy-efficient models to store whatever Canadians eat besides doughnuts and poutine.

University of Alberta researcher Denise Young, who led the study, suggests that provincial authorities hold beer-fridge buy-backs or round-ups to eliminate the threat — methods that Americans use to get guns off the streets.

I'm touched... one of my twenty-something co-workers just asked me for beer advice. He sez he's going to a bar tonight that has "74 different taps and 100 different bottle beers" and "I can't just do Bud in a place like that, what's good?"

I recommended anything from the Sierra Nevada, Saranac, or Pete's Wicked families. Oh, and Olde Speckled Hen of course!! (Unlikely that the place would have it, but I told him on the off chance that they DO have it, he must try some!)

I'm touched... one of my twenty-something co-workers just asked me for beer advice. He sez he's going to a bar tonight that has "74 different taps and 100 different bottle beers" and "I can't just do Bud in a place like that, what's good?"

I recommended anything from the Sierra Nevada, Saranac, or Pete's Wicked families. Oh, and Olde Speckled Hen of course!! (Unlikely that the place would have it, but I told him on the off chance that they DO have it, he must try some!)

Ahh passing the knowlegde of the froth to a young un...tis a noble thing

that ye have done Sir Keef :drink:..I wouldn't let him touch you again though

could be misunderstood..

that ye have done Sir Keef :drink:

We'll see on Monday if he took any of my advice... and if so, whether or not he LIKED any of my recommendations... if not, then he obviously has no taste!! :P

that ye have done Sir Keef :drink:

We'll see on Monday if he took any of my advice... and if so, whether or not he LIKED any of my recommendations... if not, then he obviously has no taste!! :P

100 beers is he going to Heaven tonight? I could sure use a Pacifico about now.

I would very much like a beer now. So much so I'd almost go to the pub at lunch and buy one if not for other chores that need doing. Almost.

I just had my first beer in about two weeks... a Flying Dog "Doggie Style" Pale Ale (I love me them pale ales, and with a name like that how could I NOT buy it?)

It was quite tasty and I'm about to go to the fridge for bottle #2.

I just had my first beer in about two weeks... a Flying Dog "Doggie Style" Pale Ale (I love me them pale ales, and with a name like that how could I NOT buy it?)

Oh yeah buddy I'm on my fifth Miller Lite. :beerbang:

I'm now on my third Flying Dog Pale Ale. Good thing it ain't MY night to get up and feed the baby at 3 AM. (Hiccup)

I'm now on my third Flying Dog Pale Ale. Good thing it ain't MY night to get up and feed the baby at 3 AM. (Hiccup)

Funny thing is I use to volunteer for the 3AM shift because it gave me an excuse to stay up late to drink beer and listen to some tunes, I carried the baby monitor with me so I knew when he would wake up. I was just hoping I wouldn't get confused and accidently give him a brewsky.

:yikes: two weeks....

on my fifth coors light... :drink:

:yikes: two weeks....

on my fifth coors light... :drink:

Yeeee-aaaah I just got done with #6 I'm feeling it now.

Had 1 large bottle of Lagunitas Cappucino Stout at a friend's house last night. 8.3 per cent, packed a subtle punch and tasted quite good!

You sound like a commercial.