Shocker - Soundtrack (1989) + 1

Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors

Definitely my favourite Soundtrack ever! The movie is average. Wes Craven's attempt to create a "digital" Freddy Krueger.

This was the first time I heard "Bonfire", "Saraya", "Dangerous Toys" and "Voodoo X". 

The only track on here that I don't like is the final one, "A Different Breed". "Shockdance" is not bad and even the "Iggy Pop" tune is listenable (about the only one of his that is).

The rest of the album however, is KILLER!!!

"Sword and Stone", "Timeless Love" and "Demon Bell" are Legendary, then they hit you with "The Awakening", an absolute ball burster.

Not to mention the incredible opener by "The Dudes of Wrath". One of the best, if not THE best ever Super Groups assembled. 

As an extra treat I've posted the original '87 demo of "Sword and Stone" by KISS.

Edited by Darkstone
  • Like 1

• Darkstone changed the title to Shocker - Soundtrack (1989) + 1

Yeah really good soundtrack...from a time when the type of music I liked was used...favs being Demon Bell, The Awakening & Sword and Stone.

Haven't heard that Paul Dean version in a very long time  :)

15 hours ago, Darkstone said:

even the "Iggy Pop" tune is listenable (about the only one of his that is)..

Now I like a lot of Iggy songs, but the reason that song is so great is that it was written by Alice Cooper, and sounds more Alice than Iggy.

One interesting fact about this soundtrack was that Pretty Boy Floyd were supposed to be on it as well, with a cover of Deptment of youth, but were removed late in the game as they were thanked in the liner notes like all the bands. That would have been better than  A Different Breed.

• Like 2

FUCK false advertising, thought this was gonna be clips of you performing a successful shocker on random slutty females, G-Off mastered the first MALE shocker, now wrap your head around that one.

• 2023 Gold Donors
21 minutes ago, Leykis101 said:

FUCK false advertising, thought this was gonna be clips of you performing a successful shocker on random slutty females, G-Off mastered the first MALE shocker, now wrap your head around that one.

I had to look up what a "Shocker" is. 

I feel like going bowling now. 

I'm surprised such a wholesome gentleman as yourself would be familiar with such terms.

Hole-sum???

• Haha 1