60s music

PetraGirl86

I've been going through a 60s music phase. I discovered The Outsiders (Girl In Love!!!!!!!!!), The Beatles are obviously included, For What It's Worth, Runaway, I'm Not Your Stepping Stone, California Dreamin', Charade & Two For The Road by Henry Mancini (instrumental versions) Audrey's Moon River and there's more, but those are just some. 

Just wanted to share that 

What's your favorite 60s song(s)?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

I love 60s music and 50s music, for that matter.

I've mentioned before how I was very lucky to grow up in a household where music was always playing in some form. I was listening to this stuff before I started school. 

You've got me reminiscing, so I've gone a bit overboard with the clips, but I love every one. Not everyone's cup of tea, I understand.

This is of course, the tip of the iceberg. It was a very rich decade and I haven't even started with the great 50s tunes.

Back then, image was a bonus, but it was predominantly about the talent. Nowadays, talent is a bonus, but it's predominantly about the image.

Edited by Darkstone
  • Like 1

• My Little Pony

There are so many good artists from the 60s. Can't forget The Beach Boys. They had some of the most sing-a-long-able songs ever. 

16 hours ago, Darkstone said:

I've mentioned before how I was very lucky to grow up in a household where music was always playing in some form. I was listening to this stuff before I started school. 

You've got me reminiscing, so I've gone a bit overboard with the clips, but I love every one. Not everyone's cup of tea, I understand.

This is of course, the tip of the iceberg. It was a very rich decade and I haven't even started with the great 50s tunes.

Back then, image was a bonus, but it was predominantly about the talent. Nowadays, talent is a bonus, but it's predominantly about the image.

I love Runaway! Blue Velvet is a good song too. Have you listened to The Outsiders? They're awesome! 

• 2023 Gold Donors
10 minutes ago, PetraGirl86 said:

I love Runaway! Blue Velvet is a good song too. Have you listened to The Outsiders? They're awesome! 

I'm pretty well versed in 60s music, but I don't think I've ever heard of those guys. Any tracks I may recognize? 

36 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

I'm pretty well versed in 60s music, but I don't think I've ever heard of those guys. Any tracks I may recognize? 

These are their three most popular 

They're not very well known 

Girl In Love, Respectable and Since I Lost My Baby are my favorites. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, PetraGirl86 said:

These are their three most popular 

They're not very well known 

Girl In Love, Respectable and Since I Lost My Baby are my favorites. 

Nup, never heard of 'em.

20 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Come on admitted they from your collection.

Somebody close to home Ricky Nelson, the father of Gunner & Matthew

Edited by Doggy

• 2023 Gold Donors
22 minutes ago, Doggy said:

Come on admitted they from your collection.

Somebody close to home Ricky Nelson, the father of Gunner & Matthew

I'll gladly "admit" they're from my collection. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
14 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

There are so many good artists from the 60s. Can't forget The Beach Boys. They had some of the most sing-a-long-able songs ever. 

60s "Surf Rock" is killer. 

Dick Dale kicks arse!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...