Jump to content

10 ten albums of the last decade


The Rocker
 Share

Recommended Posts

Take your #1 albums of the last decade and then put them in order of a top 10

I'm working on mine

Link to comment
Share on other sites

my decade top 10 -

they aren't the best from each yr tho -

1. NFO - Amber Galactic
2. HEAT - Address The Nation
3. Degreed - We Don't Belong
4. Work of Art - In Progress
5. NFO - Sometimes the World Ain't Enough
6. Eclipse - Bleed & Scream
7. Threshold - Legends of the Shire
8. Crazy Lixx - Bad Religion
9. NFO - Internal Affairs
10. Defiants - s/t

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Glen said:

my decade top 10 -

they aren't the best from each yr tho -

1. NFO - Amber Galactic
2. HEAT - Address The Nation
3. Degreed - We Don't Belong
4. Work of Art - In Progress
5. NFO - Sometimes the World Ain't Enough
6. Eclipse - Bleed & Scream
7. Threshold - Legends of the Shire
8. Crazy Lixx - Bad Religion
9. NFO - Internal Affairs
10. Defiants - s/t

I figured we'd do it a little different, by taking your #1's for each of the last 10 years and then put them in a top 10 order.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, The Rocker said:

Take your #1 albums of the last decade and then put them in order of a top 10

I'm working on mine

1.W.E.T. - Rise Up (2013)
2.H.e.a.t - Address The Nation (2012)
3.Crazy Lixx - New Religion (2010)
4.The Magnificent - s/t (2011)
5.Crazy Lixx - Forever Wild (2019)
6.W.E.T. - Earthrage (2018)
7.Crazy Lixx - Ruff Justice (2017)
8.The Defiants - s/t (2016)
9.Crazy Lixx - s/t (2014)
10.Eclipse - Armageddonize (2015)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK, I've finally done mine!

1. Bad City – Welcome To The Wasteland
2. Cats In Space – Day Trip To Narnia
3. Roxanne – Radio Silence
4. Shiraz Lane – Carnival Days
5. Mr Big - Defying Gravity
6. The New Roses – Nothing But Wild
7. Cats In Space – Too Many Gods
8. First Signal – First Signal
9. The New Roses – One More For The Road
10. Five Finger Death Punch – And Justice For None

The following came very close to making it and deserve a mention...
Pop Evil – War Of Angels
Robbie Williams – The Heavy Entertainment Show 
Pop Evil – Onyx
Tesla – Shock
Cats In Space – Scarecrow
Hot Action Cop – Listen Up!
Frank Hannon – Six String Soldiers
Station – More Than The Moon
Steelheart – Through Worlds Of Stardust
The Answer – Revival
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Glen said:

my decade top 10 -

they aren't the best from each yr tho -

1. NFO - Amber Galactic
2. HEAT - Address The Nation
3. Degreed - We Don't Belong
4. Work of Art - In Progress
5. NFO - Sometimes the World Ain't Enough
6. Eclipse - Bleed & Scream
7. Threshold - Legends of the Shire
8. Crazy Lixx - Bad Religion
9. NFO - Internal Affairs
10. Defiants - s/t

Then it's just the same list as the other thread, isn't it? The best 10 of the last decade thread? Creep. 

Anyway, I'll check this out as it interests me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1. Blessed By A Broken Heart     -    Feel The Power     -    2012 

2. Midnite City     -     Midnite City     -     2017

3. White Widdow     -    White Widdow     -    2010

4. Issa     -    Crossfire     -    2015

5. Vega     -    What The Hell     -    2013

6. White Widdow     -     Serenade     -     2011

7. Vega     -    Stereo Messiah     -    2014

8. First Signal     -    One Step Over The Line     -    2016

9. Creye     -    Creye     -    2018

10. Nitrate     -    Open Wide     -    2019

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, The Rocker said:

I figured we'd do it a little different, by taking your #1's for each of the last 10 years and then put them in a top 10 order.

 

thing is I can't just look back as some have most definitely changed! 

it doesn't change much.

problem is 2012 & 2017 had more than 1 album in my personal top 10. So out go Eclipse & NFO from 2012 and Threshold from 2017.

2014 / 15 & 19 had no inclusions so in come :

2014 WoA...which was 13th before

2015 - Degreed - which was 19th before

2019 - WoA - which was 14th before

 

1. NFO - Amber Galactic (2017)
2. HEAT - Address The Nation (2012)
3. Degreed - We Don't Belong (2013)
4. Work of Art - In Progress (2011)
5. NFO - Sometimes the World Ain't Enough (2018)

6. Crazy Lixx - Bad Religion (2010)
7. Defiants - s/t (2016)

8. Work of Art - Framework (2014)

9. Work of Art - Exhibits (2019)

10. Degreed - Dead but not Forgotten (2015)

Amazing how that list is dominated by NFO, WoA & Degreed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gave this a shot...

1.  H.e.a.t  - Tearing Down The Walls (2014)

2.  H.e.a.t - Address The Nation (2012)

3.  Pretty Maids - Undress Your Madness (2019)

4.  Midnite City - There Goes The Neighborhood (2018)

5.  Defiants - S/T (2016)

6.  Midnite City - S/T (2017)

7.  Crazy Lixx - New Religion (2010)

8.  Eclipse - Armageddonize (2015)

9.  Pretty Maids - Motherland (2013)

10.  Couldn't even come up with one for 2011.  Terrible year for my tastes.

Edited by tts42572
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, tts42572 said:

 

10.  Couldn't even come up with one for 2011.  Terrible year.

Nothing? Didn't Whitesnake-Forevermore,The Magnificent-s/t,White Widdow-Serenade,Grand Design-Idolizer,Reckless Love-Animal Attraction,King Kobra-s/t,Shy-s/t,Hell In The Club-Let The Games Begin & Dynazty-Knock You Down come out in 2011? to name but a few  :) surely one of them would fill a spot?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, lettard said:

Nothing? Didn't Whitesnake-Forevermore,The Magnificent-s/t,White Widdow-Serenade,Grand Design-Idolizer,Reckless Love-Animal Attraction,King Kobra-s/t,Shy-s/t,Hell In The Club-Let The Games Begin & Dynazty-Knock You Down come out in 2011? to name but a few  :) surely one of them would fill a spot?

Didn't buy any of those mentioned.  Honestly, I'm not even sure I bought any new releases in 2011.  I think I spent that year catching up on stuff and I was big into live shows that year.

I hadn't thought about it much until this post but looking back I'd say 2011 is easily the weakest year in the last 10 years for my tastes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, lettard said:

Nothing? Didn't Whitesnake-Forevermore,The Magnificent-s/t,White Widdow-Serenade,Grand Design-Idolizer,Reckless Love-Animal Attraction,King Kobra-s/t,Shy-s/t,Hell In The Club-Let The Games Begin & Dynazty-Knock You Down come out in 2011? to name but a few  :) surely one of them would fill a spot?

and of course the best album that year - Work of Art - In Progress, which is nearly flawless 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Didn't buy any of those mentioned.  Honestly, I'm not even sure I bought any new releases in 2011.  I think I spent that year catching up on stuff and I was big into live shows that year.

I hadn't thought about it much until this post but looking back I'd say 2011 is easily the weakest year in the last 10 years for my tastes.

Toby Hitchcock? you'd love that album....basically whole thing was written by Erik Martensson . it's like a WET album

 

Then there is The Magnificent....which defo lives up to its name -

 

Miss Behaviour released their best album with this slice of perfection on it -

And of course Work of Art released the classic most rocking album -

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2011
The Answer - Revival
the Poodles - Performocracy
the Treatment - This Might Hurt
Whitesane - Forevermore
Sixx AM - This Is Gonna Hurt
Saliva - Under Your Skin
Electric Boys - And Them Boys Done Swang
Donnie Vie - Wrapped Around My Middle Finger
Butch Walker - The Spade

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking back to my lists made me realize how strong a few of those years were, especially 2010.  And how much I've enjoyed Erik Martensson's songwriting and the recent projects by members of Danger Danger

1.       Treat – Coup de Grace (2010)

2.       Eclipse – Bleed and Scream (2012)

3.       W.E.T. – Rise Up (2013)

4.       H.E.A.T – Tearing Down the Walls (2014)

5.       Eclipse – Armageddonize (2015)

6.       Tokyo Motor Fist – S/T (2017)

7.       The Defiants – S/T (2016)

8.       Toby Hitchcock – Mercury’s Down (2011)

9.       Kissin’ Dynamite – Ecstasy (2018)

10.   The Defiants – Zokusho (2019)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Glen said:

Toby Hitchcock? you'd love that album....basically whole thing was written by Erik Martensson . it's like a WET album

 

Then there is The Magnificent....which defo lives up to its name -

 

Miss Behaviour released their best album with this slice of perfection on it -

And of course Work of Art released the classic most rocking album -

 

That Hitchcock album was one I do remember checking out and almost buying....But never got around to it.  There is some good stuff on that one and I might need to revisit that sometime. 

Work of Art has just never clicked with me.....little too smooth/lite AOR for me or something.

Magnificent was another that I think I missed back then and never did much for me after the fact when I got around to checking it out. 

Miss Behavior okay but not grabbing me much.

Still feel like it was a pretty down year compared to some other years in this decade.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, tts42572 said:

That Hitchcock album was one I do remember checking out and almost buying....But never got around to it.  There is some good stuff on that one and I might need to revisit that sometime. 

Work of Art has just never clicked with me.....little too smooth/lite AOR for me or something.

Magnificent was another that I think I missed back then and never did much for me after the fact when I got around to checking it out. 

Miss Behavior okay but not grabbing me much.

Still feel like it was a pretty down year compared to some other years in this decade.  

 

yep agree it was weaker.

like 2019...after a good 5-10 albums the quality drops off a cliff. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll try mine...

1. Crazy Lixx -Ruff Justice (2017)

2. H.E.A.T - Address The Nation (2012)

3. Eclipse - Armageddonize (2015)

4. Crazy Lixx - Forever Wild (2019)

5. The Defiants - s/t (2016)

6. Ratt - Infestation (2010)

7. Pretty Maids - Motherland (2013)

8. Vega - Stereo Messiah (2014)

9. Midnite City - There Goes The Neighbourhood (2018)

10. Reckless Love - Animal Attraction (2011)

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.