Favorite Whitecross & WhiteHeart song(s)

PetraGirl86

• My Little Pony

I know this is a lonely opinion, but "Goodbye Cruel World" might be my favourite Whitecross song. 

As for White Heart, probably "How Many Times."

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I know this is a lonely opinion, but "Goodbye Cruel World" might be my favourite Whitecross song. 

As for White Heart, probably "How Many Times."

Goodbye Cruel World is a great song! But I have many lonely opinions as well :P

Two very different bands, IMO. White Heart especially had great variance in musical style over its 15-year run.

I think my favorite White Heart album is Highlands from 1993, the song Heaven of My Heart being the stand out track of their entire discography for me. I clearly remember the video of that song getting heavy play rotation in the CCM TV shows of the 1990s.

I really miss the music TV landscape of the 1980s and 1990s, when bands were actively and regularly producing music videos, and there were numerous music video shows across several TV channels to choose from. Yeah there's Youtube now, but it's not the same...

My favorites are 

Walk With Me, Behold, My Love, Full Crucifixion, Windows, & King of Angels. 

Inside, No Apology, The Flame Passes On, & Black is White 

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

• My Little Pony

But can we all take a minute to acknowledge the greatest band photo ever taken?!! I love it so much. I want this shit framed on my wall, it's too good!!

whitecross.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PetraGirl86 said:

Ratt is nothing compared to Whitecross! 

Vehemently do I disagree. I don't mind Whitecross for a christian band, but Ratt had more excellent songs on any one of their albums than Whitecross had in their whole discography. Plus, Ratt's lyrics were at least about meaningful and relevant subjects. 

I don't think you'll find one single person to agree with you one that one. ;)

Anyway, to the subject at hand. And I'm glad it happened. I originally owned and later sold (for good prices, I must admit) Whitecross' s/t and 'Hammer & Nail' albums. Swore I made CDRs but have not rated them so I must find them, out of curiosity. And I just noticed they had an album 'In The Kingdom' that I never knew about. Now, I know I go on about how much I hate the lyrics, and I do, but these guys actually made some good songs along the way... good enough that I want to be across their discography. Shame they were christian, as they could have been a pretty good band if not.

Again, to the point. So, my favourite songs (in order) from the Whitecross albums I do have at hand;

1. Coming Home  

2. Without Your Love  

3. Heaven's Calling Tonight  

4. My Love  

5. Collide  

As for White Heart, I owned but don't think I even kept CDR copies of 'Freedom,' 'Souvenirs,' and 'Power House.' Don't remember a song off any of them, but obviously didn't think much of them. Just spun that 'Heaven of My Heart' tune too, and don't like it at all. So I think it's safe to say I am definitely not a fan of theirs and therefore like 0 of their songs. :(

Whitecross...I remember when they first came out.  Everybody I knew compared them to Ratt. Both good bands in my opinion. Bought both bands stuff when they both came out way back when.  Pretty much got all the cds to those bands still.  I remember how difficult it was to get my Whitecross cassettes converted to cd.  I think it was like 1995 before I got the cd of their first album.  Never got into Whiteheart though....a little too soft for me.  But I remember when they came out. Still listen to Whitecross and Ratt on occasion.  

Cool pics of Guardian, Holy Soldier, Bride, and Whiteheart. I think I still got one of Holy Soldiers demos lying around somewhere.  Keep up the topics on the old school bands Petragirl.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Yeah, I hate that song. Doesn't matter who covers it. 

So does my mom lol 

I guess it's better than Do You See What I See I hate that song 

• My Little Pony
36 minutes ago, PetraGirl86 said:

So does my mom lol 

I guess it's better than Do You See What I See I hate that song 

You've clearly never heard Connie Scott's version!

;}

16 hours ago, Geoff said:

You really surprise me with this, Mark. I know I should just say "to each their own" but you used to be a man of good taste, when it came to music - not that silly religion thing. But I have a very hard time believing that when it comes to the crunch, you can honestly find songs in the Whitecross discography that somehow match the likes of [Ratt].

I seriously question how you could compare what Whitecross did with a discography of the might of Ratt. And I'm not even a die-hard fan, but credit where it's due.

Pretty sure I acknowledged that my opinion on this is a lonely one. Don't you have a 13 year-old girl to go pick on? :P

Honestly, I think it's just the fact that I spent more time with Whitecross than Ratt during my formative years. It's not necessarily that I think Whitecross is superior to Ratt, just that I personally prefer them to Ratt. So this is one of those cases where you're probably technically right (that Ratt is the better band ... though Rex Carroll can go toe-to-toe with pretty much any '80s rock/metal guitarist out there) but that I just prefer the lesser band.

Just remember, I'm the coolest Christian you've (n)ever met. Jesus loves you ... everyone else thinks you're an asshole. Especially Petra. ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, phaffas said:

So how about that Little Drummer Boy cover by Whiteheart? eh?

Right! Hey, I kinda forgot, sorry. I'll check that out right now. I still like the thread's original theme.