M3 Rock Festival 2020 Lineup

horrormetaldepot

Okay lineup but I won't be making the 5 hour drive to it.

Not to mention I'm already seeing most of these bands on the Monster Of Rock Cruise.  I think the only real interesting band I haven't seen or won't be seeing on the cruise is Dangerous Toys.

I still wish this festival would consider adding in 2-3 newer type acts like Crazy Lixx, H.e.a.t, Eclipse, etc, etc.  It just gets old seeing 90% of the bands on this bill being the same bands every year.  Eventually this festival is going to die as there won't be any bands to play it.  I think these newer bands would go over well if put in front of that audience when they see these bands are blowing those old bands away.

I like what the MORC is doing by working in some newer bands, Europeans bands, etc.  They've got a nice mix of new and old on the next cruise and can't wait to be there.

11 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Okay lineup but I won't be making the 5 hour drive to it.

Not to mention I'm already seeing most of these bands on the Monster Of Rock Cruise.  I think the only real interesting band I haven't seen or won't be seeing on the cruise is Dangerous Toys.

I still wish this festival would consider adding in 2-3 newer type acts like Crazy Lixx, H.e.a.t, Eclipse, etc, etc.  It just gets old seeing 90% of the bands on this bill being the same bands every year.  Eventually this festival is going to die as there won't be any bands to play it.  I think these newer bands would go over well if put in front of that audience when they see these bands are blowing those old bands away.

I like what the MORC is doing by working in some newer bands, Europeans bands, etc.  They've got a nice mix of new and old on the next cruise and can't wait to be there.

Problem is the people coming for the classic bands probably have no idea who HEAT or Crazy Lixx is.

10 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

Problem is the people coming for the classic bands probably have no idea who HEAT or Crazy Lixx is.

Might be true.

People can't like what they don't know about though.  I'd bet that if you put H.e.a.t or Crazy Lixx in front of those fans that there would be many walking away impressed with them.  There's just no way you can't if you're a fan of this genre and style of music.

It's just a shame.  H.e.a.t and Crazy Lixx are putting out better new music than any band on that bill and it's not even close. Heck, I'd go so far as to say the music they're putting out is probably way better than most of these bands ever even did in their primes.

I almost feel bad for people that have no idea what they're missing.

1 hour ago, tts42572 said:

Might be true.

People can't like what they don't know about though.  I'd bet that if you put H.e.a.t or Crazy Lixx in front of those fans that there would be many walking away impressed with them.  There's just no way you can't if you're a fan of this genre and style of music.

It's just a shame.  H.e.a.t and Crazy Lixx are putting out better new music than any band on that bill and it's not even close. Heck, I'd go so far as to say the music they're putting out is probably way better than most of these bands ever even did in their primes.

so do I but the truth is people are lazy. Outside of a few 100 of us die hard fans online who seek out every new band going there are literally 1000s of other rock fans who are just happy to stay listening to the same old bands and actually believe that rock music died in 1992 except for Greeta Van Fleet 

• Like 1

Totally agree. My elder brother who listens to nothing but 80s rock every single day but never bothers to check on the net what's happening on the rock scene. He s happy with his Def Leppard.

2 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Might be true.

I agree it would be great to add a few newer bands to the lineup, like Andrew has done with MRF.  As far as strictly a live performance, bands like H.E.A.T and Eclipse match or exceed most of what these classic era bands are capable of doing now.  But there are likely cost/travel factors where some bands from outside of the USA may not even be able to/or want to make the trip for just one festival.  I know M3 has had newer regional bands like Station, Tempt and Wildstreet (mostly at the M-Pre Party events). 

I'd also agree that most hard rock/melodic rock fans, especially in the US, aren't even aware of many of the newer bands we discuss on the forum, which is a shame.  

I'd have to disagree though with the point about these newer bands putting out way better music than most of the 80's bands did in their prime.  To each their own of course and just a matter of taste/preference.  But man, as much as like H.E.A.T. and Eclipse I'd be hard pressed to say I'd prefer any album from them over my favorite albums from the 80's and early 90's from bands like Night Ranger, Tesla, Ratt, LA Guns, Tyketto, etc. 

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, Crazysam said:

I'd have to disagree though with the point about these newer bands putting out way better music than most of the 80's bands did in their prime.  To each their own of course and just a matter of taste/preference.  But man, as much as like H.E.A.T. and Eclipse I'd be hard pressed to say I'd prefer any album from them over my favorite albums from the 80's and early 90's from bands like Night Ranger, Tesla, Ratt, LA Guns, Tyketto, etc. 

He did say most, so 5 bands is not most when there are 21 acts on the bill. 

I get it, though. Maths is hard. 

;}

2 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

My best friend is that way. Huge lover of 80's hard rock and metal. But he has no clue about any band after 1992, except for.... you guessed it Glen..... Greta Van Fleet.

I couldn't even tell you who Greta Van Fleet is.  

Maybe like the Struts?  I hear them tossed around as being current rock and checked them out awhile back....They are NOTHING like H.e.a.t, Crazy Lixx, etc.

Just now, tts42572 said:

I couldn't even tell you who Greta Van Fleet is.  

Maybe like the Struts?  I hear them tossed around as being current rock and checked them out awhile back....They are NOTHING like H.e.a.t, Crazy Lixx, etc.

Led Zeppelin clones.

29 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

He did say most, so 5 bands is not most when there are 21 acts on the bill. 

I get it, though. Maths is hard. 

;}

Haha!  ok, fair enough, I'll take the opposite approach, of the band's scheduled to perform I would prefer to listen to my favorite album from Crazy Lixx over what I'd consider the best albums from Little Caesar, Slaughter and Doro

Again, don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of several newer bands, but when we're talking preference of listening to album's of band's in their prime, I'd usually select ones by bands from the 80's & early 90's.  

5 minutes ago, Crazysam said:

Haha!  ok, fair enough, I'll take the opposite approach, of the band's scheduled to perform I would prefer to listen to my favorite album from Crazy Lixx over what I'd consider the best albums from Little Caesar, Slaughter and Doro

Again, don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of several newer bands, but when we're talking preference of listening to album's of band's in their prime, I'd usually select ones by bands from the 80's & early 90's.  

Yeah...Personal preference is obviously at play.....Obviously not talking about the headliners like Tesla, Ratt, NR.

But for me (And I know I'm probably in the minority) I'd take H.e.a.t, CL and Eclipse over jsut about everybody else on that ballot.  

I mean, the way I look at it is....If H.e.a.t and Heaven's Edge were playing in the same building and you could only go to one show, which would you go to?  I'd be going to H.e.a.t and it's not even close.  I'd answer that question the same for most bands on this bill.  And if I go to my CD shelf, I pull out H.e.a.t or Crazy Lixx to listen to WAY more than I'm pulling out Dangerous Toys, Slaughter, Kix, Tyketto, etc.

And with bands like Accept, Doro, Bang Tango, Little Caesar, Faster Pussycat, Y&T, Steelheart, Killer Dwarfs...I can't even pull a CD off the shelf because I never liked them enough to buy one :)

Like you said though, it's really all personal preference and what you like.  

• Like 1

Another thing to consider is that most of these bands are a shell of their former selves. A lot of them might only have 1 original member. So it's not like Tyketto firing on all cylinders in 1990..... it's Tyketto 2019 with only Danny and Michael left. Not even near the same band.

13 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

Another thing to consider is that most of these bands are a shell of their former selves. A lot of them might only have 1 original member. So it's not like Tyketto firing on all cylinders in 1990..... it's Tyketto 2019 with only Danny and Michael left. Not even near the same band.

Good point, with the exception of a few of the scheduled acts it is only 1 or 2 original (or long term) members.  Which makes me wonder if LA Guns is going to be Steve Riley's version?  Because otherwise I'd have thought they'd be later in the performances that day, assuming the bands are listed in order of who goes on first/last

4 minutes ago, Crazysam said:

Good point, with the exception of a few of the scheduled acts it is only 1 or 2 original (or long term) members.  Which makes me wonder if LA Guns is going to be Steve Riley's version?  Because otherwise I'd have thought they'd be later in the performances that day, assuming the bands are listed in order of who goes on first/last

Nope. It appears on Phil/Tracii's L.A. Guns tour schedule.

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, Crazysam said:

Hm... I'd listen to Slaughter over Crazy Lixx, and I'd most def see Slaughter over Crazy Lixx. Slaughter puts on one of the best shows, these days. And reports from Glenoard, as well as others, is that Crazy Lixx are kinda poor live. 

• My Little Pony
39 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

And with bands like Accept, Doro, Bang Tango, Little Caesar, Faster Pussycat, Y&T, Steelheart, Killer Dwarfs...I can't even pull a CD off the shelf because I never liked them enough to buy one :)

:shocked:

But Steelheart's first two albums are essential!

Personally, I think your preference is wrong. 

;}

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tts42572 said:

And if I go to my CD shelf, I pull out H.e.a.t or Crazy Lixx to listen to WAY more than I'm pulling out Dangerous Toys, Slaughter, Kix, Tyketto, etc.

H.e.a.t & Crazy Lixx are excellent but the other bands you mention Dangerous Toys,Slaughter,Kix & Tyketto have all released what most would consider at least one classic album each back in the day...at the very least,and release I'd still reach for today.

As for Y&T I can't believe a man of your tastes hasn't got "Ten"? I mean seriously  :) Little Caesars debut is excellent as is Steelhearts...and Stand Tall & Big Deal from Killer Dwarfs...aww man you're missin out Bigtime :o

But I suppose tastes....

1 hour ago, AlphaMale said:

Nope. It appears on Phil/Tracii's L.A. Guns tour schedule.

interesting, I may be reading too much into the way the lineup reads or overestimating their popularity, but otherwise I'm surprised they'd go on second

1 hour ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Hm... I'd listen to Slaughter over Crazy Lixx, and I'd most def see Slaughter over Crazy Lixx. Slaughter puts on one of the best shows, these days. And reports from Glenoard, as well as others, is that Crazy Lixx are kinda poor live. 

Slaughter's debut has some great tunes on it, but I guess over time I've grown less fond of Mark's voice, so that is why I'd give a slight edge to my fave album from CL