7th Heaven - Covered

Stefan

7thheaven-covered.jpg?itok=vCNlN7N9

From melodicrock.com:

“Covered” is a collection of 20 great songs from around the world; which you
might not know of but should.  We hand-picked some artists/songs that were
never exposed to the U.S. masses, never played on major U.S. radio.  We feel “Rock/Pop” music is still alive with many people, and we think we can turn our fan base onto new bands/music; while at the same time, possibly turn people from around the world on to ‘7th heaven’.  We re-recorded these songs in our style, and we hope you
enjoy some great new music to listen to.

Available: CD • USB Stick • Digital Download
Listen to the CD - http://www.7thheavenband.com
Order Direct from the Band - http://www.7thheavenband.com/covered.html

Video of Richard Hofherr of 7th heaven explaining "Covered" & The Music Business

TRACK LIST:

1. Oxygen
Originally Performed by: Lincoln Brewster

2. If You Don’t Mean It
Originally Performed by: Dean Geyer

3. Outfield
Originally Performed by: The Night Game

4. Long Long Way To Go
Originally Performed by: Def Leppard

5. Mannequin Show
Originally Performed by: H.E.A.T.

6. It’s Not Living (If It’s Not With You)
Originally Performed by: 1975

7. Overdrive
Originally Performed by: Ola

8. Como Te Deseo
Originally Performed by: Mana

9. Darkside Of The Sun
Originally Performed by: Tokio Hotel

10. Don’t Stop Me Now
Originally Performed by: Queen

11. What’s Victoria’s Secret
Originally Performed by: Rick Springfield

12. On The Edge Of A Broken Heart
Originally Performed by: Bon Jovi

13. Try
Originally Performed by: P!nk

14. Hotter Than Fire
Originally Performed by: Eric Saade

15. Love Is On The Way
Originally Performed by: Saigon Kick

16. Rollercoaster
Originally Performed by: Bleachers

17. You’re So Beautiful
Originally Performed by: Flickerstick

18. Tubthumping
Originally Performed by: Chumbawamba

19. Young Turks
Originally Performed by: Rod Stewart

20. Bawitdaba
Originally Performed by: Kid Rock

Edited by Stefan

16 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

These are gonna sound like shit if they haven't beefed up their rhythm section. 

Their last album sound pretty good, ball-wise. Shame they probably won't release an album of originals this year (they haven't already have they??) but this looks pretty cool. Some pretty obscure covers there, and some good ones too. The Dean Geyer song is awesome. Top selections from Bon Jovi and Saigon Kick too. Amazed they managed to pick HEAT's worst song of all to cover, lol. Random Def Lep pick too. But yeah, this should be pretty cool.  

And yeah, Glen is right, 'Oxygen' is awesome. Love that. Makes me keen to check out who the hell Lincoln Brewster is. ;)

Edit - I just checked out who Lincoln Brewster he is and he's one of Karpet's mates. Some christian freak. :( Shame. Was hoping he'd have some stuff worth checking out. 

Edited by Geoff

Guess it depends on where you're from.

Obviously the Queen track has been heard by most.

Tubthumping and Young Turks were massive radio hits in their time where I'm from.

I'm not one for finding B sides to be better than what's on the album as a rule.

Exceptions are Edge Of A Broken Heart and Europe's On Broken Wings, so the BJ song will be interesting.

Always liked What's Victoria's Secret and also Mannequin Show

I like cover albums that either update and modernise the songs, or change them a lot, not so that you don't recognise them, but just so they are different enough, like that Hayseed Dixie, or metal covers of ABBA songs etc
Otherwise what's the point?

Edited by CureTheSane

• My Little Pony
5 hours ago, Geoff said:

Their last album sound pretty good, ball-wise.

Good to know. I never got around to it. 

49 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Good to know. I never got around to out. 

It was very noteable that they finally nailed the sound/production thing... finally. 

11 minutes ago, gener8tr said:

Edge of a Broken Heart is terrible.  

What, the cover, or the original? I love the BJ version. 

On 9/27/2019 at 5:21 AM, gener8tr said:

The cover (sucks).

BJ version should have been on Slippery!  Would have been top 4 on that album.  Always loved it.

Yeah, me too. Not heard this one yet. 

I know I am not in the USA, but the Queen, Kid Rock, Chumbawumba & Rod Stewart songs have to be well known in the USA surely.

Bawitaba was all over the place on TV shows, movies and computer games at one point.

Fuck, I was not even a fan of Kid Rock at the time that came out, and he was a nobody in the UK and I could not get away from hearing that song.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/28/2019 at 10:56 PM, Captain Howdy said:

I know I am not in the USA, but the Queen, Kid Rock, Chumbawumba & Rod Stewart songs have to be well known in the USA surely.

Bawitaba was all over the place on TV shows, movies and computer games at one point.

Fuck, I was not even a fan of Kid Rock at the time that came out, and he was a nobody in the UK and I could not get away from hearing that song.

I've never heard the song before but I have to admit, I actually find it very surprisingly catchy. I don't want to like it, but I do.

The Chumbawumba song - can't speak for the rest of the world, but massive, MASSIVE hit in Australia. Probably one of the top 10 most played songs since it's release. And I hate the fuck out of it.

Anyway, I really like this album. I know I usually hate covers albums, and should, but this is just a cool mix, and well done. I love how they've recorded their own version of 'Edge of a broken heart' and not just copied it directly from the original. 

Anyway, can I share a really boring story with you? Is that okay? Thank you. I will.

In 2018 I holidayed in the Philippines and while I was in a pool, or restaurant... can't remember, but I heard this cool song I'd never heard and I loved it. Tried to remember some of the lyrics to note down later but couldn't remember enough and when I searched I never found the song I'd heard. Time went on and I kind of forgot about it. 

Fast forward to last week ( :( ) and I was in a pool in the north of Phu Quoc, Vietnam, and I hear the same song come on the speakers. Same situation - I don't have anything with my to note down the exact lyrics, but I try to remember as best I could, note them down and search Google. Again, same thing as a year ago. As the lyrics are kind of generic, I couldn't remember the exact words and despite searching every variation I could, I couldn't for the balls of me find the song... again. 

I came back home, went to work and was moping around about not being able to find the song. I was actually thinking about it, thinking in my head how I was just going to live my life without it. I'd done what I could, and just couldn't find it. Then I hop in the car, playing some of the new albums I'm catching up on after holidays, and this album is on my tape deck. Literally, the moments I'm thinking about this song and how I've missed it forever, song #6 on this album starts and I'm all like "OMFG!" With odds more than one in a million, the very song I'm thinking of is the very song that 7th Heaven have covered and I finally know what it is. It was quite the moment.

I really love this tune. I know it's just some pop song, but any of you guys knew it before this album? Jeez I love it. Here's the original;

50 minutes ago, Geoff said:

I've never heard the song before but I have to admit, I actually find it very surprisingly catchy. I don't want to like it, but I do.

The Chumbawumba song - can't speak for the rest of the world, but massive, MASSIVE hit in Australia. Probably one of the top 10 most played songs since it's release. And I hate the fuck out of it.

Anyway, I really like this album. I know I usually hate covers albums, and should, but this is just a cool mix, and well done. I love how they've recorded their own version of 'Edge of a broken heart' and not just copied it directly from the original. 

Anyway, can I share a really boring story with you? Is that okay? Thank you. I will.

In 2018 I holidayed in the Philippines and while I was in a pool, or restaurant... can't remember, but I heard this cool song I'd never heard and I loved it. Tried to remember some of the lyrics to note down later but couldn't remember enough and when I searched I never found the song I'd heard. Time went on and I kind of forgot about it. 

Fast forward to last week ( :( ) and I was in a pool in the north of Phu Quoc, Vietnam, and I hear the same song come on the speakers. Same situation - I don't have anything with my to note down the exact lyrics, but I try to remember as best I could, note them down and search Google. Again, same thing as a year ago. As the lyrics are kind of generic, I couldn't remember the exact words and despite searching every variation I could, I couldn't for the balls of me find the song... again. 

I came back home, went to work and was moping around about not being able to find the song. I was actually thinking about it, thinking in my head how I was just going to live my life without it. I'd done what I could, and just couldn't find it. Then I hop in the car, playing some of the new albums I'm catching up on after holidays, and this album is on my tape deck. Literally, the moments I'm thinking about this song and how I've missed it forever, song #6 on this album starts and I'm all like "OMFG!" With odds more than one in a million, the very song I'm thinking of is the very song that 7th Heaven have covered and I finally know what it is. It was quite the moment.

I really love this tune. I know it's just some pop song, but any of you guys knew it before this album? Jeez I love it. Here's the original;

Haha..you always come across cool tunes whenever you are on a vacation. Your trip to Thailand some years back ended up discovering a treasure box. Am talking about Silly Fools. I think you should travel more often, especially to Asian countries lol. 

Yes I like The 1975. If you haven't already then I suggest you check them out. They have some cool tunes.

Edited by Ponen

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

By the looks of it, it was a massive hit all over the world, including the USA, so no idea why they think this is one that was never played on radio etc

Chart (1997) Peak
position
Australia (ARIA)[29] 1
Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)[30] 14
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)[31] 9
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Wallonia)[32] 30
Canada Top Singles (RPM)[33] 1
Canada Adult Contemporary (RPM)[34] 1
Canada Rock/Alternative (RPM)[35] 1
France (SNEP)[36] 38
Germany (Official German Charts)[37] 11
Hungary (Mahasz)[38] 5
Iceland (Íslenski Listinn Topp 40)[39] 10
Ireland (IRMA)[40] 1
Italy (Hit Parade Italia)[19] 1
Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)[41] 10
Netherlands (Single Top 100)[42] 16
New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)[43] 1
Norway (VG-lista)[44] 2
Scotland (Official Charts Company)[45] 1
Sweden (Sverigetopplistan)[46] 6
Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)[47] 14
UK Singles (Official Charts Company)[48] 2
US Alternative Songs (Billboard)[49] 1
US Adult Top 40 (Billboard)[50] 1
US Billboard Hot 100[1] 6
US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard)[51] 1

• My Little Pony
6 hours ago, Geoff said:

Wow... that WAS really boring. 

14 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Wow... that WAS really boring. 

Really? You didn't even like the part where I holidayed in 2018 in the Philippines and while I was in a pool, or restaurant... can't remember, but I heard this cool song I'd never heard and I loved it. Tried to remember some of the lyrics to note down later but couldn't remember enough and when I searched I never found the song I'd heard. Time went on and I kind of forgot about it. 

Fast forward to last week ( :( ) and I was in a pool in the north of Phu Quoc, Vietnam, and I hear the same song come on the speakers. Same situation - I don't have anything with my to note down the exact lyrics, but I try to remember as best I could, note them down and search Google. Again, same thing as a year ago. As the lyrics are kind of generic, I couldn't remember the exact words and despite searching every variation I could, I couldn't for the balls of me find the song... again. And when I face Karpetface, I will strike him down and pounce on top of him and inflict continued beatings. 

I came back home, went to work and was moping around about not being able to find the song. I was actually thinking about it, thinking in my head how I was just going to live my life without it. I'd done what I could, and just couldn't find it. Then I hop in the car, playing some of the new albums I'm catching up on after holidays, and this album is on my tape deck. I am so, sooo fucking gay. Literally, the moments I'm thinking about this song and how I've missed it forever, song #6 on this album starts and I'm all like "OMFG!" With odds more than one in a million, the very song I'm thinking of is the very song that 7th Heaven have covered and I finally know what it is. It was quite the moment?