Michael Sweet - Ten

Stefan

68800644_2567472573290476_60048870202775

From Frontiers:

BREAKING NEWS: Building upon the success of his 2016 release "One Sided War", Stryper frontman Michael Sweet returns with his tenth solo studio release aptly titled, “Ten”. The new album is scheduled for release on October 11th in Europe via Frontiers Music SRL (you can pre-order from Frontiers EU store now: www.frontiers.shop with pre-orders at iTunes, Amazon, etc. coming later this month) and in North America via Rat Pak Records. "Ten" features an all-star guest lineup that includes appearances by, Jeff Loomis of Arch Enemy, Todd La Torre of Queensrÿche, Andy James, TRACII GUNS of L.A. GUNS, Rich Ward, aka The Duke of Fozzy,Joel Hoekstra of Whitesnake/David Coverdale, Gus G of Firewind, Howie Simon, Ethan Brosh, Marzi Montazeri, Will Hunt of Evanescence, John O’Boyle, Mike Kerr and Ian Raposa of Firstbourne, and more.

Produced by Michael Sweet, "Ten" features 12 brand new tracks and was recorded and mixed by Danny Bernini at the Spirithouse Recording Studio in North Hampton and was mastered by Alex Saltz.

On the subject of guest musicians, Michael comments, “There is a different player appearing on every song. It started out where I was just going to have a couple of guest appearances on it, then I decided that it would be really interesting to bring in different players for every song. I started putting names out there and reaching out to people, and they started agreeing to do it. And then I had guys reaching out to me."

Regarding the musical direction of the album, Michael states, “I’m very excited about this release, there are old-school, straight-ahead metal ideas in the vein of Judas Priest, Dio and Iron Maiden, all the stuff I love listening to!”

As for the "Ten" album title, Sweet recently stated, "It's called 'Ten' cause it's my tenth album, and because there is a title track on there about the Ten Commandments — a really powerful song. There's real heavy stuff. It starts kind of smacking you in the face and it ends kicking you in the gut."

TRACK LISTING
1. Better Part of Me (featuring Jeff Loomis of Arch Enemy)
2. Lay It Down (featuring Marzi Montazeri) 
3. Forget, Forgive (featuring Howie Simon)
4. Now Or Never (featuring Gus G of Firewind) 
5. Ten featuring (Rich Ward of Fozzi) 
6. Shine (featuring Ethan Brosh) 
7. Let It Be Love
8. Never Alone (featuring Joel Hoekstra of Whitesnake) 
9. When Love Is Hated (featuring Joel Hoekstra of Whitesnake) 
10. Ricochet (featuring Tracii Guns of LA Guns)
11. With You Till The End (featuring Mike Kerr and Ian Raposa from Firstbourne)
12. Son Of Man (featuring Todd La Torre of Queensryche and Andy James)

Sorry not interested. Sweet is a douche.

A FaceBook friend sells LPs, tapes, and CDs on Ebay. 

He had a listing flagged for a 20 year old bootleg cassette. A one Michael Sweet reported him and got him suspended for 7 days off eBay. This is how the guy makes his living. How necessary was that? Nothing recent..... a 20+ year old bootleg CASSETTE. Michael Sweet has nothing better to do than report people for a bootleg?? Pathetic.

Sweet is also a social media prick as well. He cannot take any negative comments towards his work without essentially throwing out insults, and then there was that great moment where he insinuated that the reason Skylar Neil died was karma for the bad things Vince has done.

I don't bother with ,ost musicians.
good to keep track of new releases etc on Facebook.
Exception is Ron Young who is laid back, open and easy to converse with.
Also very intelligent and allows for others' POV's

Michael Sweet may be a douche, but I got the opposite online.
Saw a youtube clip of The Hard Rock Show (local cable like TV show in Oz) where the completely made fun of his wife's death while reviewing the album he made while she was dying.
That was the last time i had anything to do with anything that show had to say.
Fuck people who make fun of disasters and traumas.

The new song above sucks for me.
always was much more a fan of the ballady stuff since about half way through the Styper catalog.
Up to then the heavier stuff was good, but it started to get all double bass drummy, screamy and boring.

9 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Sweet is also a social media prick as well. He cannot take any negative comments towards his work without essentially throwing out insults, and then there was that great moment where he insinuated that the reason Skylar Neil died was karma for the bad things Vince has done.

Wow, that's fucked up even for a proper human, let alone an alleged man of the lord. Humans, ay?

I actually don't mind the song. Pretty decent stuff. 

4 hours ago, Geoff said:

Wow, that's fucked up even for a proper human, let alone an alleged man of the lord. Humans, ay?

Some people have seriously fucked up beliefs so I'm not surprised...I wouldn't want anything to do with a God that supports that kind of thinking....

10 hours ago, Geoff said:

He tried passing it off as that was not what he meant, but the meaning was pretty clear.

Pretty sickening to even suggest that because Vince killed Razzle his daughter lost her life to an incredibly painful drawn out disease when she was only a small child.

13 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

He tried passing it off as that was not what he meant, but the meaning was pretty clear.

Pretty sickening to even suggest that because Vince killed Razzle his daughter lost her life to an incredibly painful drawn out disease when she was only a small child.

That story about Skylar Neil is about the saddest story I've ever read in and around the music we love. Gets me teary eyed every time It comes up again. 

I shouldn't be surprised that if anyone tries to make something sinister of it that it'd be the warped mind of a religious gronk. 

On 8/15/2019 at 12:35 PM, Geoff said:

That story about Skylar Neil is about the saddest story I've ever read in and around the music we love. Gets me teary eyed every time It comes up again. 

I shouldn't be surprised that if anyone tries to make something sinister of it that it'd be the warped mind of a religious gronk. 

At one point he was seemingly going out of his way to antagonise Motley Crue. I remember when his book was coming out and he basically accused most of the stuff in The Dirt to be bull shit or over exagerated, then threw out the line about their perception of what happened was probably because of all the substance abuse they were doing during those days.

Sixx then shot back about how someone who has never been an addict has no idea how things work, so should not be making such accusations, so Sweet just came back with some cliched response about being quoted out of context, essentially took another couple of shots and left it like that.

Sixx took the high ground and said appology accepted.

Sweet is an utter douche bag, christian or not.

• Thanks 1

On 8/16/2019 at 3:36 PM, Captain Howdy said:

Sweet is an utter douche bag, Christian or not.

Christianity is full of douche bags, unfortunately. Personally, I don't find Sweet to be that much of a jerk, but I do understand where people are coming from. That said, I like this new solo track. It's not "OMG!" amazing, but it's a solid melodic metal tune, and I do appreciate that Sweet, both solo and with Stryper, seems to be getting heavier (uh, musically) with age.

• Like 1

Apart from the above mentioned incidents, my own personal experiece with him was on a YouTube video of that lead song from the last Stryper album (Take it to the cross?) where I stated that I just did not like the chorus, not in a nasty way or anything, just that it did not work for me, and he replied with some snotty comment about all the people who loved it so my opinion was wrong. Not exactly humble.

• My Little Pony

Don't know why we're still surprised when celebrities act like assholes. 

I like his music, and I find his childish behaviour hilarious. Even if it's embarrassing to read. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like he is at it again on Facebook.

Its not listed as being him, but I am sure it is him that runs the Stryper FB account as well.

He posts a picture of the debut Michael Sweet album and says something like "Remember this from 94?"

A random fan posts the comment "My favourite Michael Sweet album"

Instead of replying with a positive comment of some kind, he posts a snarky "Have you heard the rest of them?"

37 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

I've heard them all, and the first is EASILY the best. Hands down, no contect (for me)

And probably every one else on the planet who's heard them all. 

Except Michael Sweet. ;)

I like the more mellow Sweet songs.
Generally I assumed that I was not a part of the majority in that thought and thet most people liked the screaming high pitched heavy solo stuff...

19 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

I like the more mellow Sweet songs.
Generally I assumed that I was not a part of the majority in that thought and thet most people liked the screaming high pitched heavy solo stuff...

I think, generally speaking, though, most people would prefer Blue Tears to Stryper. ;)

• My Little Pony
4 hours ago, Geoff said:

I think, generally speaking, though, most people would prefer Blue Tears to Stryper. ;)

Where did that comparison come from??

But, yes. 

19 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Where did that comparison come from??

But, yes. 

Really? Just 'cause Fulkerson basically wrote that album for him, and he (and Blue Tears' trademark sound) is all over that album.