DIRTY HONEY - "Dirty Honey" EP (2019)

AlphaMale

https://www.hairbandheaven.rocks/single-post/2019/05/20/DIRTY-HONEY-Releases-Their-Debut-EP

DIRTY HONEY Releases Their Debut EP

May 20, 2019

c4c526_68878607e138478c8070f95bef43d291~

Los Angeles' rock band Dirty Honey are gearing up for an ambitious 2019. Led by frontman Marc Labelle, guitarist John Notto, bassist Justin Smolian, and drummer Corey Coverstone. The band just released their debut self titled EP, produced by Nick Didia.

Yea I didn't mind this band I am certain I listened to these before but didn't bother a post as its not everyone's favorite standard Crazy Lixx or Nitrate or whatever the current flavor of the weak is.

Dirty Honey is a solid band and the singer is a wambo combo of Jack Russel and Chris Robinson.

This live stuff is tasty.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

I like some of their songs.  Took me a while after only hearing 30 second samples.  One of their songs was used as a theme song for a WWE pay-per-view a few months ago.  That's where I first heard of them.  I loved that song "When I'm Gone".  I wish this would get a release.  It  appears to only be digital and vinyl.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Friend just turned me onto them three days ago. Love the singer's vocals. Read somewhere they were the first band to top the charts (who knows which chart and which category) as an unsigned band. Can't understand why no one has signed them yet. Cool name. Cool look. Cool bar room blues rock sound.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/29/2020 at 2:18 AM, PeterS said:

Just seen this on another thread. 

Yep. Best Tora Tora output since their debut. 

This slays the last 2 Tora Tora albums. Easily.

• 2 years later...
9 hours ago, auslander said:

This EP has been combined with the debut album in a 2 CD reissue this year FYI.

Thanks for heads up...just picked it up as I didnt have the ep and my debut is the cardboard sleeve...so nice wee surprise  :) quality stuff

• Like 1

On 10/7/2022 at 9:16 PM, lettard said:

Thanks for heads up...just picked it up as I didnt have the ep and my debut is the cardboard sleeve...so nice wee surprise  :) quality stuff

Mine just arrived. Unfortunately the packaging is nothing special, just a cheap double digipak and no booklet.

But, more importantly the music kicks arse. 

One thing I find amusing though is why do separate discs as they are so short in length? Weirdly, the EP is 26 mins long and the debut LP is only 29 minutes long. And the EP is 6 tracks but the LP is only 8. At 14 tracks in total and less than 60 minutes long, why not do a single-disc deluxe jewel case album with a booklet? 

2 hours ago, auslander said:

Mine just arrived. Unfortunately the packaging is nothing special, just a cheap double digipak and no booklet.

But, more importantly the music kicks arse. 

One thing I find amusing though is why do separate discs as they are so short in length? Weirdly, the EP is 26 mins long and the debut LP is only 29 minutes long. And the EP is 6 tracks but the LP is only 8. At 14 tracks in total and less than 60 minutes long, why not do a single-disc deluxe jewel case album with a booklet? 

Yeah mine arrived on Saturday...thought it wouldve been a jewel case tbh but it better than the slipcase I have...and totally agree that both coulda been put on a single disc...and yes it kicks arse...two excellent discs from an excellent band.

• Like 1