A New Revenge

The Rocker

Very Chris Laney/Laney's Legion,  I like it!
https://youtu.be/JLP3US8M3DA

• 4 weeks later...

Who is this Owens guy you all speak of so knowingly? I assume it's the vocalist. If so, I agree with y'all that he is the weak point here. 

Otherwise, though, this is pretty good. Sounds a bit like they're trying something similar to Midnite City. Obviously not anywhere near them, but some good catchy, melodic choruses there. I'd love to hear a full album. 

57 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Who is this Owens guy you all speak of so knowingly? I assume it's the vocalist. If so, I agree with y'all that he is the weak point here. 

yes, Tim "Ripper" Owens is the singer, if you've seen the Mark Wahlberg movie Rock Star that character was somewhat based on Tim and the circumstances around him being offered the job of replacing Rob Halford in Judas Priest in the mid 90's

3 minutes ago, Crazysam said:

yes, Tim "Ripper" Owens is the singer, if you've seen the Mark Wahlberg movie Rock Star that character was somewhat based on Tim and the circumstances around him being offered the job of replacing Rob Halford in Judas Priest in the mid 90's

Oh, okay. Thank you sir. That'd be why I don't really know him as I don't really move in those circles. It's a shame they're using a vocalist like that on what is essentially a very commercial hard rock project. Well, at least that's how it sounds to me. ;)  

4 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Oh, okay. Thank you sir. That'd be why I don't really know him as I don't really move in those circles. It's a shame they're using a vocalist like that on what is essentially a very commercial hard rock project. Well, at least that's how it sounds to me. ;)  

I agree, he does seem like a bit of an odd fit for a project such as this

5 hours ago, Crazysam said:

I agree, he does seem like a bit of an odd fit for a project such as this

But it sounds quite interesting,maybe he just wanted something different after Priest.

5 hours ago, lettard said:

But it sounds quite interesting,maybe he just wanted something different after Priest.

Priest, Malmsteen, Iced Earth, so I'd say something different for sure.

12 hours ago, Geoff said:

Otherwise, though, this is pretty good. Sounds a bit like they're trying something similar to Midnite City. Obviously not anywhere near them, but some good catchy, melodic choruses there. I'd love to hear a full album. 

I think it's more of a Chris Laney/Laney's Legion sound.

• 5 weeks later...

One of the more enjoyable releases so far this year for me.:metalheadbanger:  

This disc reminds me ALOT of last year's "My Midnight Things" by Lizzy Borden. Think I'm crazy? :crazy: Give that one a listen, then listen to Owens' phrasing and enunciation on the two tracks above, particularly the chorus on "The Way"; VERY Lizzy-like! 

9 hours ago, whiplash1972 said:

One of the more enjoyable releases so far this year for me.:metalheadbanger:  

This disc reminds me ALOT of last year's "My Midnight Things" by Lizzy Borden. Think I'm crazy? :crazy: Give that one a listen, then listen to Owens' phrasing and enunciation on the two tracks above, particularly the chorus on "The Way"; VERY Lizzy-like! 

Didn't hear it, but will asap. Not that I love this album that much, but it's pretty good.