RATT fires DeMartini

http://metalsludge.tv/guitarist-wanted-ratt-have-fired-lead-guitarist-warren-demartini-say-multiple-industry-sources/

Hollywood Rumor Mill — Metal Sludge have multiple industry sources telling us that guitarist Warren DeMartini has been let go from the band Ratt.

A source first tipped off Metal Sludge 5 days ago on March 16th writing: “A certain guitar player, has been tossed from a certain rodent band.”

A second source, a known industry musician contacted Metal Sludge and inquired about the rumor earlier this week.

Metal Sludge has inquired to several parties close to the band today and received the following.

A third source, also a known industry musician revealed that the band has had multiple changes in its business dealings in recent months. Including a change in management, and their longtime booking agency as well.

A fourth source closest to the bands innermost workings confirmed our inquiry, but wants to remain anonymous stating; “It’s true, Warren is gone.

Metal Sludge has reached out to numerous contacts – to which all have confirmed there are “serious issues” between the 3 key members – DeMartini, Stephen Pearcy (vocals) and Juan Croucier (bass).

The band also includes Carlos Cavazo (rythym guitar) and Jimmy DeGrasso (drums).

Metal Sludge is trying to verify these claims, and confirm if DeMartini is in, or out of the band.

Direct messages to both Pearcy and Croucier have went unanswered as of this posting.

Stay tuned for more as we await official statements from the band Ratt.

Be different as well if they seemed to actually be doing anything at this moment in time(apart from arguing and lawyers & stuff)  I mean how long ago was infestation?

2 minutes ago, lettard said:

Be different as well if they seemed to actually be doing anything at this moment in time(apart from arguing and lawyers & stuff)  I mean how long ago was infestation?

Good points, I really enjoyed Infestation and was holding out hope for one more album before they called it quits or further splintered apart like this

Yep, I agree with the above. I genuinely had no idea in the world they were still a band. This news is the equivalent of saying something like CC Deville is out of Poison. The first question from the majority of people is going to be, "Oh, are Poison still together?" 

Who really gives a shit what happens in completely inactive bands? It's entirely inconsequential. 

• My Little Pony
On 3/22/2018 at 7:39 AM, Geoff said:

Yep, I agree with the above. I genuinely had no idea in the world they were still a band. This news is the equivalent of saying something like CC Deville is out of Poison. The first question from the majority of people is going to be, "Oh, are Poison still together?" 

Who really gives a shit what happens in completely inactive bands? It's entirely inconsequential. 

Aren't Poison touring?

On 3/22/2018 at 8:39 AM, Geoff said:

This news is the equivalent of saying something like CC Deville is out of Poison. The first question from the majority of people is going to be, "Oh, are Poison still together?" 

4 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Aren't Poison touring?

Haha!  Indeed Poison is touring this year and did so last year.  In fact, outside of a couple years off they have been touring the better part of the last two decades.

9 hours ago, Crazysam said:

Haha!  Indeed Poison is touring this year and did so last year.  In fact, outside of a couple years off they have been touring the better part of the last two decades.

Yep, exactly. And Ratt have probably been touring for 18 years since their last album too, but who cares or notices this aside from the handful of American residents who get to see these shows? Cinderella, anyone? 

It terms of recording artists, these bands are completely insignificant and changing band members will only affect the people who get to see them live each year... a handful of Americans.

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

Yep, exactly. And Ratt have probably been touring for 18 years since their last album too, but who cares or notices this aside from the handful of American residents who get to see these shows? Cinderella, anyone? 

It terms of recording artists, these bands are completely insignificant and changing band members will only affect the people who get to see them live each year... a handful of Americans.

Touché

• My Little Pony
15 hours ago, Geoff said:

Fair enough. 

It's only because these bands are considered "hair band OG's"

I think many of these bands are only still 'around' so they can get to a point where they can have a 40th anniversary or whatever.

There's no real reason otherwise. Music (if it's released) is sub par and uninteresting.

Great idea, Ratt. Fire the one guy left in the damn band with talent. Pffft. 

This is just fucking wrong!!!!

In the next installment of "As the Ratt Turns," Metal Sludge is reporting that Carlos Cavazo is now out of Ratt as well.

For those of you who are keeping score, this leaves only one of the guys who played on Infestation (Pearcy) and Juan Croucier. 

It's starting to sound like Pearcy and/or Juan is trying to do the same thing Blotzer was doing - cutting out the "old" band members so he/they can take the RATT name on the road backed by no-names who work cheap. 

If that's the case, then the next court battle might be Blotzer suing them for stealing his business model. "That was my idea! I did it first!" :rofl2: