Dangerous Curves - So Dirty Right

Stefan

cropped-img_1454.jpg

Debut album out April 6th.

From their website:

DANGEROUS CURVES are an Australian hard rock/glam metal band formed in the summer of 2015 in Geelong. Inspired by superstar bands like Bon Jovi, KISS, and Van Halen, the band set out to bring back the famed era of 80’s L.A styled Rock ‘n’ Roll with a modern twist.

The very first performance of Dangerous Curves saw them performing on a live televised T.V Series, and the band quickly went into the studio to make a demo of the song “Blow my Whistle” which has had a huge response and caught the attention of venue owners and industry insiders, as well as gaining radio play across the Nation and international web-radio shows!

Dangerous Curves found themselves playing countless venue stages across the state, and released their self-titled EP  in early 2016 to acclaim.

“Geelong four piece’s debut EP is a brief but spirited lesson in hard rock kick-assery – short, punchy songs with catchy riffs, blazing solos, tight playing and just enough energy and sleaze to get the business end of a party started” – LOUDMAG

“With a sound that meshes the attitude of early Gunners, the song-writing grit of the underrated Junkyard  and the party attitude of the fun-end of the strip it really has all of the impact a band that has only been together since 2015 could wish for.” -THE ROCK PIT

“When everyone seems to be doing similar things, Dangerous Curves have thrown a massive f*ck you and done things their way with a nod to old school, glam rock.” – FORTE MAG

“This isn’t 80’s inspired hard rock.. This is 80’s hard rock!” -THE HARD ROCK SHOW

dangerouscurvesrock.com

www.facebook.com/dangerouscurvesrock

Dangerous-Curves-album-cover-e1518215418

Tracks:

Sensationable Submit
Art Of The Heart
Club Mile High
Funky Bonez
I Need Lovin'
So Dirty Right
Ready Or Not
See You Again
Forbidden Love
Locked Down

2 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Decided to take a chance and pre order....not sure if it's the tune or the video that sold me on it lol.  

Don't really have big expectations but like the 80's flashback sound of this.

Yeah,I also took a chance on this,sounds good and just showing my support for the band :)

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Crazysam said:

Sound good to me as well

Shared this somewhere else and it's getting ripped apart pretty good.  To me it seems like some fun, mindless bubble gum listening with hooks, harmonies, guitars, etc.     

Maybe I'm just in a good mood lately or have a really open mind, I don't know lol.  I like the 80's time warp though ;)      

Fun stuff! I hadn't heard of these guys until today. I think that they're above average for a modern band doing this sub-genre. 

7 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Shared this somewhere else and it's getting ripped apart pretty good.  To me it seems like some fun, mindless bubble gum listening with hooks, harmonies, guitars, etc.     

Maybe I'm just in a good mood lately or have a really open mind, I don't know lol.  I like the 80's time warp though ;)      

I saw the hatred too. I know that "party rock" isn't for everyone, but this type of music is basically what got me into music in the first place. My ears still have room for both silly and serious.

56 minutes ago, Deuce said:

Fun stuff! I hadn't heard of these guys until today. I think that they're above average for a modern band doing this sub-genre. 

I saw the hatred too. I know that "party rock" isn't for everyone, but this type of music is basically what got me into music in the first place. My ears still have room for both silly and serious.

Thanks for making me feel better as I was thinking maybe I'm nuts :)

This to me isn't all that much different than Poison, Kiss, etc in the 80s.  Obviously not in their league...but similar approach.

Agree...not anything to take real serious.  I kinda view it a little like Steel Panther...but better and more serious than that imo.  These guys aren't winning any Grammy's  lol.

I'm digging this though......nice diversion for something a little fun and different.  

16 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Thanks for making me feel better as I was thinking maybe I'm nuts :)

This to me isn't all that much different than Poison, Kiss, etc in the 80s.  Obviously not in their league...but similar approach.

Agree...not anything to take real serious.  I kinda view it a little like Steel Panther...but better and more serious than that imo.  These guys aren't winning any Grammy's  lol.

I'm digging this though......nice diversion for something a little fun and different.  

I will be checking this out, nothing wrong with a fun throw back to the 8o's style Hard Rock. As long as it's not super cheesy!

• 3 weeks later...

They posted mine on Monday so It should reach me by the end of next week,got the digital download from them though,sounding pretty good :)

I gave this a listen and thought it was pretty good.  A fun, late 80's style hard rock album.  They remind me a little of Roxy Blue.  My initial favorites are Art of the Heart, See You Again, Locked Down and the title track.  

On 4/7/2018 at 12:35 PM, Crazysam said:

I gave this a listen and thought it was pretty good.  A fun, late 80's style hard rock album.  They remind me a little of Roxy Blue.  My initial favorites are Art of the Heart, See You Again, Locked Down and the title track.  

Pretty much my thoughts too.....definitely a fun, pretty good debut with that 80's party vibe.  And Roxy Blue is a great comparison.  

I'd even agree on the favorite tracks.  I also thought they did a pretty good job on the ballad Forbidden Love.

Nice little surprise.      

Solid, well played hard rock album with an authentic 80's / early 90's vibe. A few pretty average songs here, but 'Sensationable Submit' and 'See you again' are nice tunes. 

• 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...