Mr.AOR

4 hours ago, Geoff said:

It wasn't instantly my favourite tune, but I've never seen a song take the spot with such quick ferocity. 

And I'm sure it would be my favourite regardless of what songs had been recorded this year, but when I actually looked at it realistically, I couldn't see anything close to it. Two songs on the HEAT album are up high, as well as Butch Walker's 'Out in the Open.' Aside from that, there's not really any actual competition yet, imo. 

I actually couldn't contain myself and shot this tune off to my brothers today - both of whom hate good music. I dared them to dislike it. Got a reply from one bro and he loved it. That shit doesn't happen, for what it's worth, lol. 

loads of great songs this year. I should make a list but obvious for me would be a few NFO, HEAT, Vega....plus all 4 lebrock, the Houston single was magnificent, a few off Platforms, both the Lionville singles are fab, love the BF singles.

probably more that I've forgotten 

7 hours ago, Geoff said:

I'm not telling fibs when I say that as far as I can think, this is my favourite video clip ever. 

Liar! Your favorite video clip ever is from Boys Who Like Boys Toys Vol. 6 with Cody and Rocco.

8 hours ago, Glen said:

loads of great songs this year. I should make a list but obvious for me would be a few NFO, HEAT, Vega....plus all 4 lebrock, the Houston single was magnificent, a few off Platforms, both the Lionville singles are fab, love the BF singles.

probably more that I've forgotten 

Haha, ironically I hadn't thought of or included singles... Except this one. ;)

This would still be my favourite but yes, there is more competition than I thought. I generally don't acknowledge a single until it's released on an album hence why this was an exception. 

The 11 single thing is interesting. I didn't like it, but on the other hand it kind of puts pressure on the artist to make sure each song is a killer. 

Oh, and NFO suck. ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

Haha, ironically I hadn't thought of or included singles... Except this one. ;)

This would still be my favourite but yes, there is more competition than I thought. I generally don't acknowledge a single until it's released on an album hence why this was an exception. 

The 11 single thing is interesting. I didn't like it, but on the other hand it kind of puts pressure on the artist to make sure each song is a killer. 

Oh, and NFO suck. ;)

As time goes on that opinion is becoming more & more lonely. ;)

It's still pretty comfortably the best album this year although I can see it coming under pressure as all the best potential albums of 2020 are still to come. 

6 minutes ago, Glen said:

As time goes on that opinion is becoming more & more lonely. ;)

It's still pretty comfortably the best album this year although I can see it coming under pressure as all the best potential albums of 2020 are still to come. 

Let's just say I disagree vehemently and leave it at that, lol. Doesn't even register consideration for me, let alone earn a place in best of year chatter. :)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Let's just say I disagree vehemently and leave it at that, lol. Doesn't even register consideration for me, let alone earn a place in best of year chatter. :)

basically my saviour band over last decade and best gigs ive seen. Strid rules 

• 2 months later...

Great song. Another new song 'I Feel Like Dancing'.

On 10/5/2020 at 7:49 PM, lettard said:

Very good, a new album most be getting closer? anyone any info?

It's gonna be called 'Dog Years', release date not known yet.

Edited by Stefan

Oh cool, I thought it was just going to be 10 singles or something crazy like that. Can't wait for an album!! 

On 10/8/2020 at 3:05 AM, Glen said:

songs seem to be getting worse to me. that one is OK but was hoping for better. 

When you record one of the best songs ever penned ('Magic Trick') it's very hard to do any better than that. 

My realistic expectations have enjoyed all songs so far. They'd all make my 2020 playlist with ease, which can't be said for most of what else I've heard. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • My Little Pony
On 05/10/2020 at 9:49 AM, lettard said:

Very good, a new album most be getting closer? anyone any info?

05/03/21

However, if you order directly from his site, he'll sign a copy and ship it to you a week early.