Mr.AOR

• 2023 Gold Donors

New project from ex Boys Like Girls vocalist Martin Johnson and going on this first track i want an album NOW!!!

This along with the new Waltham and FM-84 songs are 3 of my faves this year.

New song "The Outfield" is just SOOOOOO GOOD, easiest $1 ever spent.

https://thenightgame.bandcamp.com/releases

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_tg0FWsSBA

• 2 weeks later...

I don't mind it, but gotta be honest... don't completely love it. I can't even really make it out as being his voice. He sounds so different. So I assume by this news that Boys Like Girls are done and dusted? :( 

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/24/2020 at 4:26 AM, Ponen said:

Very nice

Fuck me, that is incredible. Love the absolute shit out of that. What a cool song. Man this guy is cool, lol. What a talent. 

I'm just trying to figure out what's happened here. I seem to have missed this self titled album from 2018, although I know 'The Outfield' inside out. The reason I do, I have assessed, is because it was on the 7th Heaven 'Covered' album from last year... but I think that's the only way I know it. I don't have any record of listening to the Night Game album. 

That will be amended asap. 

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Fuck me, that is incredible. Love the absolute shit out of that. What a cool song. Man this guy is cool, lol. What a talent. 

Yeah it is. Definitely in contention for 2020 best song. And the cinematography is just as good.

1 hour ago, Glen said:

that behind the music is incredible. His passion is almost mesmerising 

I just love dudes like this. If I was anyone in the music industry, in the business of selling records, I would be glued to guys like this and what they do next. The fact that he struggles to get his product out there for lack of interest is a shining example of how rubbish mainstream, popular music is. 

All you can do is hope that guys like this just keep plugging away and doing their thing. 

On 7/17/2020 at 12:21 AM, Ponen said:

Yeah it is. Definitely in contention for 2020 best song. And the cinematography is just as good.

No contention about it, mate. 

I am officially in love and you can cancel the rest of the year in music. 'Magic Trick' is hands down, by a mile, my favourite song of 2020. I will bet my eyebrows that there will not be a better song (imo) than it for the rest of the year. I can't stop either playing it on my stereo or video device or in my head. Couldn't love the song more. 

And I agree about the video. I'm not telling fibs when I say that as far as I can think, this is my favourite video clip ever. So, so cool. I know there'd be some clip somewhere of naked ladiez being scandalous and that's still epic... but this video just trumps everything at the minute. Absolutely flawlessly constructed and delivered. The song/video combo is immaculate. 

Heard the debut album from 2018 the other day and some splendid moments on it... but I love the new stuff even more. Any news if an album will come from the two new songs? 'One Phone Call' is an absolute beauty too, even if it seems really familiar to me for some reason. It's great. 

But 'Magic Trick,' sweet jesus, it's just what music is about. 

• Like 2

Not sure it's the best song this year but I do really like the 2 new songs (more so than the 2018 album which is also v good).

Am hoping that there is a full album coming later in 2020. that would be great!

It wasn't instantly my favourite tune, but I've never seen a song take the spot with such quick ferocity. 

And I'm sure it would be my favourite regardless of what songs had been recorded this year, but when I actually looked at it realistically, I couldn't see anything close to it. Two songs on the HEAT album are up high, as well as Butch Walker's 'Out in the Open.' Aside from that, there's not really any actual competition yet, imo. 

I actually couldn't contain myself and shot this tune off to my brothers today - both of whom hate good music. I dared them to dislike it. Got a reply from one bro and he loved it. That shit doesn't happen, for what it's worth, lol. 

Oh my God. That tune is so catchy and addictive. Love it!!

Now listening to their 2018 album,current faves are The Outfield,American nights,Back in the vain,Summerland and Coffee and cigarettes.

I love how these guys sound.

Also production is so great,always appreciate to hear quality produced works.

4 hours ago, Geoff said:

Any news if an album will come from the two new songs? 

This is what I could find on the internet..

2020-Present: Dog YearsEdit

On May 18, 2020, The Night Game announced a record project called "Dog Years" that would be released in eleven singles. The first, "Magic Trick," was released May 29, 2020, and its music video debuted on YouTube on June 23, 2020. The second single, "One Phone Call," reached the airwaves on July 10, 2020.

• Thanks 1