Andy Rock (Wild Rose) - This Time

Stefan

New album out December 16th on Lions Pride Music.

From grande-rock.com:

Andy Rock started to play in rock bands in early 2000. The main musical influences of this Greek artist on his music and guitar play come from some of the greatest AOR bands such as Bon Jovi, Richard Marx and Michael Bolton.

In 2004, Andy Rock formed the Melodic Rock band Wild Rose, which has released four studio albums “Half Past Midnight” [best Debut Release / Newcomer of 2011 (Heavy Paradise / December 2011)], “Dangerous” [Wild Rose “Dangerous” hits No.1 on import sales in Japan (BURRN Magazine / June 2013)], “Hit 'N' Run” [First single “Through the Night” from the album “Hit 'N' Run” hit #1 on Classic Rock Chart Week #40 and weeks #43 / #44 / #45 in 2014], with all 3 albums being sold out from their presses and their latest album “4” which was acclaimed as album of the year 2016 by the press. During the past years, the band has played many live shows in Greece with as headliner as well as support for Talisman and at festivals such Rosewood Festival in Thessaloniki in 2011 and 2012 together with Newman and Work Of Art amongst others and they still continue their headline “4” Mediterranean Tour” to support their latest masterpiece.

The guitarist has always been composing more songs besides the ones for Wild Rose and after releasing his first solo record “Into the Night” in 2012 which hit a sold out; he is ready to release his second solo album named “This Time”. Andy Rock here is in charge for all instruments except the lead vocals and the drums. He wrote all of the songs on this album except 2 tracks in which Wild Rose member Dirty Haris helped him with the lyrics and mixed and produced it at Evo Studios, Macedonia, Hellas and took on board David Sayloron vocals and Chris Siloma on backing vocals & choirs as long as ex-Wild Rose member Vaggelis Domanos on drums & percassion. An A.O.R. diamond not to be missed!

Line-up:
Andy Rock – Guitars, Bass, Synths, Backing vocals
David Saylor – Lead & Backing Vocals
Chris Siloma – Backing Vocals & Choirs
Vaggelis Domanos – Drums & Percussion

www.facebook.com/AndyRockevo
www.wildrose.gr

Andy%2BRock%2B-%2BThis%2BTime%2B(FC).jpg

Tracks:

1. What Does It Take
2. Give Me A Reason
3. You're Gone
4. Promises
5. Don't Say Goodbye
6. Dreams
7. She's Dangerous
8. This Time
9. Come With Me
10. Once In A Lifetime
11. Sleepless Night (Bonus Track Japan)
12. Promises (Acoustic / Bonus Track Japan)

Yaaaaawn to that song as well. Feel like ive heard a 100 versions of this already.

In fact looking at the song titles it looks like 10 other songs on the same theme too - i'll pass

By now, we've surely all just accepted it is never going to change. This guy will write the same song and album until the day he no longer records music... no doubt about it.

Anyway, I'm not sure why this particular album will carry the Andy Rock logo instead of Wild Rose. Why didn't he do the vocals again himself if it's his solo album? I think they were fine on his debut, and it'd decrease the David A Saylor overkill a touch, as we have 16 other albums released in 2016 that we can hear him on.

But yeah, maybe he should release albums from Wild Rose DAS, Wild Rose GB (with the original singer) and then Andy Rock, featuring himself on vocals.

Or, because they're all identical, just leave it all at Wild Rose and release 3 albums a year - one with each vocalist. Instead of using different song titles, just call all tracks the same thing - 'I can't live without your love' would basically cover his entire discography - and make it easy for everyone.

All this said, I actually like his single song that he's recorded 867 times over, and I'll check this out again. It's simple, it's painfully repetitive, but I still just like it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

They're all nice light rock songs, following a fairly basic and well used formula.

Not really my cup of tea. Kind of music I'd like to listen to if I was on a long train trip or something dozing off to sleep.

Not to say the music would put me to sleep, but if I was dozing it's the kind of music that will keep me content :)

• 2 weeks later...

In fact looking at the song titles it looks like 10 other songs on the same theme too - i'll pass

This. 100%.

Basically 10 identical songs which becomes very repetitive.

Although i will say that Shes Dangerous and Once in a Lifetime were nice.

• 3 months later...