Enjoy You Internet While You Can!

metaltrekman

Ive been reading about this for a while. This is just another step toward A Globalist one world order type thing. Another step to control our lives and take away more freedoms. The person that is currently occupying the White House is turning over control of the USA's internet to the United Nations. The reality is that the UN, with its subsidiaries, has morphed into an evil body dominated by Islamic nations, tyrannies and rogue states whose policies it legitimizes.

Obama plunges toward Internet surrender to globalists
Curtis Ellis www.wnd.com

UNITED NATIONS – Will the United Nations gain control over the Internet under Barack Obama’s giveaway plan?

That is the question being asked around Washington, D.C., right now. The Wall Street Journal answered with its explosive article, “An Internet Giveaway to the U.N.”

The administration argues that the “transition” will have no practical effect on how the Internet operates, but Judith Bergman of the Gatestone Institute disagrees.

Pointing to the U.N.’s Geneva Declaration of Principles which clearly lays out the U.N.’s designs on taking over the Internet, Bergman argues that the giveaway could, “spell the end of the current era of free speech on the Internet, as well as free enterprise.”

Authoritarian governments around the world bolster Bergman’s case. China issued a statement saying, “It is necessary to ensure that United Nations plays a facilitating role in setting up international public policies pertaining to the Internet.”

The Russians weighed in, arguing that, “We consider it necessary to consecutively increase the role of governments in the Internet governance, with strengthening the activity of the International Telecommunications Union [the UNs telecommunications arm] in this field… in the development of ethical aspects of Internet use.”

While some might view the Russians calling for the development of the “ethical aspects” of anything as laughable, in reality it is a direct pathway toward censorship of the Web.

Sens. Ted Cruz, Mike Lee and Jim Lankford report that the ICANN board of directors will consider language for the by-laws of the organization which will put “international human rights” as a prime consideration of the organization.

In a May 20, 2016 letter to U.S. Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker, they argue this provision “would open the door to the regulation of content. Inclusion of such a commitment would unquestionably be outside the historical mission of an organization whose functions are supposedly ‘very limited to the names and numbers and protocol parameters which are way down in the plumbing of the Internet.’'”

Yet, even with these many legal concerns, Obama continues to plunge forward to turn the keys to the Internet over to an obscure not-for-profit tax exempt organization based in California when the clock strikes twelve on Sept. 30, 2016.

They are proceeding in spite of Congress defunding actions by the administration to pursue the giveaway for each of the past two fiscal years. In fact, President Obama’s violation of the defund law has so outraged Rep. John Culberson, the House Appropriations cardinal responsible for the Commerce Department’s budget, that he wrote to Secretary Pritzker, “Section 539 of the Fiscal Year 2016 Omnibus prohibits funds provided in the Act from being used to relinquish the NTIA’s responsibility for the authoritative root zone file and the IANA functions, and I will ensure this section is fully enforced. As we have previously discussed, I continue to oppose the use of any funds to plan for, prepare for, work on [the] transition [of] the Internet Domain Name System functions.”

The legality of the administration’s Internet giveaway being questionable, the potential dangers of a U.N. takeover are alarming.

This has Americans for Limited Government calling on Speaker Paul Ryan and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell to force through language in September’s spending bill specifically prohibiting the transition for a period of not less than two years.

They are also urging Ryan to prepare for a lawsuit to stop the transition in order to protect Congress’ Article One authority.

“The power of the purse is meaningless if the president can ignore it, and it is up to Speaker Ryan to take every measure possible to stop the executive branch’s proceeding with the Internet giveaway in defiance of the law,” says Americans for Limited Government President Rick Manning.

The time is short for Congress to act, with a Sept. 30 deadline when the contract between the Commerce Department and ICANN expires looming.

Umm..... no.

Makes for great soundbytes, but is a bit short on fact.

http://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/2016/sep/14/ted-cruz/ted-cruz-incorrect-about-obama-giving-control-inte/

Good article very informative. I dont understand though why Cruz wouldnt know any of this and keeps doing what he is doing?

"Novack also pointed us to Brett Schaefer, a senior research fellow with the Heritage Foundation. By email, Schaefer suggested that while the intended transition wouldn’t lead to "government ‘control’ of ICANN as would be the case in a UN body, governments will have more authority in ICANN than they do currently."

I think that is what I fear the most. Why are Governments in control of it in the first place? Why cant it be privatized? We all know where bigger government leads to. :(

Obama's got what, three months and change left in office? And yet he STILL hasn't taken away everybody' guns, implemented those death panels, declared Sharia Law, sold the U.S. to the Illuminati, or removed the Pledge of Allegiance from our schools. He'd better get busy!

Seriously, laziest evil supervillain overlord ever!!

• My Little Pony

Obama's got what, three months and change left in office? And yet he STILL hasn't taken away everybody' guns, implemented those death panels, declared Sharia Law, sold the U.S. to the Illuminati, or removed the Pledge of Allegiance from our schools. He'd better get busy!

Right?! I've been very disappointed.

Actually, he's just holding the seat warm for the REAL dark overlord... she's from the 7th level of Hell. :lol:

Actually, he's just holding the seat warm for the REAL dark overlord... she's from the 7th level of Hell. :lol:

You ain't lying!!

You thought the last 8 years with Obama were bad, wait until Crooked Hillary is president. :puke:

#VoteForTrump

• My Little Pony

You ain't lying!!

You thought the last 8 years with Obama were bad, wait until Crooked Hillary is president. :puke:

#VoteForTrump

Were the last eight years with Obama really that bad? I don't think Obama even did much, good or bad.

You ain't lying!!

#VoteForTrump

Were the last eight years with Obama really that bad? I don't think Obama even did much, good or bad.

Nah.... things were terrific the last 8 years. :sarcasm:

Now I'm forced to pay for insurance I don't use and can't afford.

• My Little Pony

You ain't lying!!

#VoteForTrump

Nah.... things were terrific the last 8 years. :sarcasm:

Now I'm forced to pay for insurance I don't use and can't afford.

Oh, I don't think anyone would say the last eight years were anything more than shit, but the Bush administration caused a lot of fuckery that carried over.

• My Little Pony

Just because Obama hasn't burned half the country down like that d-bag Lincoln doesn't mean he hasn't done real damage to the country. Doesn't really matter though. If you haven't figured it out yet you will still be in lala land regardless of what he does.

I'm fully aware of the extent of my ignorance. I try not to pay attention the American politics. I only know what I know, because Canadians seem to be more interested in American politics than our own.

• 2023 Gold Donors

The statistic that has come up since Obama has been president is"the number of people out of work" and I hope it goes away.My daughter,who is 18 and a full time student,is considered to be out of work.No Shit !!!!! And who the hell is coming up with these numbers?????

The push to control the internet is hardly surprising...just look at Wikileaks and all the embarrassment caused to governments around the world....it is completely natural for those in power to want control of everything that might affect their power and privilege ..... fortunately however I think the internet is too big and slippery to be contained by mere mortals...unless we let them of course!