The Roth Brock Project - s/t

Stefan

14192037_1140949425961107_24254241140670

Press release from Frontiers Music:

BREAKING NEWS: Frontiers Music Srl is pleased to announce the release of Roth Brock Project's self-titled debut album on November 4th.

The Roth Brock Project is the exciting artistic union between guitarist John Roth (Winger, Starship featuring Mickey Thomas, Giant) and singer Terry Brock (Strangeways, Giant, Leroux). The pair first met in 2009 while working on Giant's "Promise Land" record. They soon developed a unique songwriting chemistry and musical bond which all these years later has led to their debut release for Frontiers Music Srl. Powerhouse vocals and thundering guitars are at the forefront of this stellar collaboration from two of rock's most seasoned and underrated veterans.

John Roth landed his first gig at the age of 19 with Southern boogie rock legends Black Oak Arkansas in 1986, and soon found himself in demand for recording and touring with the likes of Jimi Jamison (R.I.P.) of Survivor Band, and 80's rock legends, Winger. Terry Brock's first job in the music business was as a vocalist on the Kansas album "Drastic Measures" in 1983, which was soon followed by a tour with the Steve Morse Band and two albums with Strangeways (who were signed to BMG/RCA Records). Terry is currently on tour with Louisiana's Leroux, while John is on tour with Starship featuring Mickey Thomas.

"The Roth Brock Project is the kind of record I've been wanting to make for a long time!” says John Roth. “Guitar driven high energy ROCK with stellar vocals is the first thing you'll hear when you put this album on, so get ready to crank it up!"

Roth Brock Project tracklisting:
1. Young Gun
2. What's It To Ya
3. Young Again
4. If That's What It Takes
5. I Don’t Know Why
6. Distant Voices
7. We Are
8. Fighter
9. My City
10. Never Givin' Up
11. Reason To Believe

Terry Brock: Lead and Background Vocals
John Roth: Guitars, Bass, Keys, Lead and Background Vocals
Scott Trammell: Drums, Percussion

• My Little Pony

will keep an eye out for this although am I the only one that didn't think much of Giant "Promise Land"?

Noooope. That album was bland as hell.

Terry Brock's last solo album was pretty good if I remember correctly, so this might be promising indeed

The one Slamer wrote for him? I think his albums are only ever as good as the guy/s who write it for him.

Quite a lot better than I was expecting :)

What he said

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Me likey,thats the best of the 3 so far to my ears :)

Agree

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...