Rage Of Angels - The Devil's New Tricks

Stefan

From FB:

February 2016 see the release of the second album from Rage Of Angels "The Devils New Tricks" on Escape Music. Produced By Ged Rylands and Mixed by Martin Kronlund, the album features: Ged Rylands (Tyketto) Guitars, Keyboards, Backing Vocals Rob Moratti (Saga) Lead Vocals, Chris Green (Tyketto) Lead Guitars, Neil Fraser (Lead Guitars), Martin Kronlund (lead Guitars), Perra Johannson (Coldspell) Drums Chris Goldsmith (Coldspell) Bass.

Oh, that Rage Of Angels. I hope the songs are shorter this time around...

Me too.

Pressrelease from Escape Music:

Rage of Angels is the brainchild of original Ten keyboard player Ged Rylands,who played on their first three studio albums and the double live CD 'Never Say Goodbye'. During his time in Ten, Ged took part in several very successful tours in Japan as well as playing on the highly praised 1996 debut album from Valentine singer Hugo, which was co-produced by Ten vocalist Gary Hughes.

After leaving Ten, Ged went on to play with Contagious and guitar wizard Danny Danzi, and then after a ten year break raising his daughter alone, he returned to the music scene by guesting on several albums including Lover Under Cover, before joining Tyketto in 2012 as a touring member of the band (now full-time member). However, during that ten year break Ged continued writing, the results of which blasted onto the scene with the highly praised Rage of Angels debut ‘Dreamworld’ (Voted #2 album of 2013 by listeners of Firebrand Rock Radio, and #3 album of 2013 by Fireworks Magazine!).

On that album Ged teamed up with a fantastic team of vocalists including Danny Vaughn (Tyketto), Harry Hess (Harem Scarem), Ralph Scheepers (Primal Fear), Matti Alfonzetti and Robert Hart. For this amazing follow-up, the decision was made to use just one singer, the incredible Rob Moratti (ex Saga) whose vocal range massively impressed Ged and Escape. As Ged explained to Fireworks Magazine, “I didn’t think anyone would have the kind of range to be able to do all the tracks on this album because it goes from a Low C up to almost a High C in some parts. The range needed to cover that is incredible, and unbelievably Rob had it. And the more tracks we kept hearing, the more we thought we didn’t need anybody else ̶ this guy was killing every single track!”

Although Ged plays all the rhythm guitars, the leads are supplied again by Neil Fraser (ex Ten) with Tyketto/Furyon guitarist Chris Green also chipping in with 6 solos. This was originally meant to be only one guest solo for Chris, but he was enjoying himself so much he just kept asking for more. As he happily admitted to Ged, “These are the solos and this is the work that I’m most proud of out of anything I’ve ever done. This is probably my best work I’ve ever done on record.” One listen to ‘The Devil’s New Tricks’ will prove that is no idle sentiment – the guitaring is phenomenal throughout!

The band’s signature song, ‘Rage of Angels’, finally gets recorded and finds its rightful place at the start of this new album – a wonderful slice of classic hard rock, at times evoking Rainbow during their Dio period, setting the tone for things to come.

‘The Devil’s New Tricks’ is a more commercial album than the debut, but is by no means any less rewarding, supplying track after track of the most consummate melodic rock. Rylands & Morrati are a team made in heaven! In fact, you could say they were angels ….

The Rage returns in 2016! Don’t miss them!

Ged Rylands Keyboards and Guitars (Tyketto and ex Ten)
Rob Moratti Lead vocals (solo artist, Final Frontiers, and ex SAGA)
Neil Fraser Lead Guitars (ex Ten)
Chris Green Lead Guitars (Tyketto and Rubicon Cross)
Martin Kronlund lead Guitars (Gypsy Rose)
Perra Johannsen Drums (Coldspell)
Chris Goldsmith Bass (Coldspell)
Conny Goldsmith (Bass)

Produced by: Ged Rylands
Mixed and Mastered: Martin Kronlund

Executive Producer: Khalil Turk

12360259_1090805537620292_68499951855354

Tracks:

1- Rage Angels 07:28

2- All You Own Way 05:59

3- The Devil's New Tricks 05:44

4- One Step Closer 05:34

5- Strangers In The Night 06:26

6- Love Will Never Die 07:24

7- In And Out Of Love 05:51

8- I Feel It In My Heart 05:06

9- Stop Changing The TV 05:00

10- Long Days Without You 06:01

Yep, not a single song under 5:00. I kinda hate it already. :lol:

But yeah, it's a weird thing to do, to have the track lengths already... just because it did appear to be an issue with quite a few people. I guess they must just hate their fans and they're saying, "Hey fags... fuck you. Look at this shit. We're keeping the songs long because they're our songs and we honestly just don't give a shit about you guys and your shitty opinions, you soft cock bunch of maggots. Stop being such pussies; cancel listening to all your other CDs and just listen to ours, because that's all you'll have time to do if you check us out. You ball licker." Pretty much exactly what they're saying. ;)

• 1 month later...

But yeah, it's a weird thing to do, to have the track lengths already... just because it did appear to be an issue with quite a few people. I guess they must just hate their fans and they're saying, "Hey fags... fuck you. Look at this shit. We're keeping the songs long because they're our songs and we honestly just don't give a shit about you guys and your shitty opinions, you soft cock bunch of maggots. Stop being such pussies; cancel listening to all your other CDs and just listen to ours, because that's all you'll have time to do if you check us out. You ball licker." Pretty much exactly what they're saying. ;)

They paid the studio for 2 hours, recording finished in 1 hour, so why waste it away, let's make some longer tracks :D

They paid the studio for 2 hours, recording finished in 1 hour, so why waste it away, let's make some longer tracks :D

Let's also steal another song to compensate for the monetary loss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTdDi6ophIM

• My Little Pony

Again the song is good but almost ruined by Moratti :(

Yes, I prefer it than the original it was ripped off! Even with the implementation of Moratti plan.

I don't think that riff is similar enough to accuse of theft.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...