Football In London

nyoilers

Frankly, I'd be perfectly happy with the NFL *NOT* trying to expand into other countries. The games overseas are a pain in the ass for both the players and the viewers.

As far as non-U.S. "football", I'd rather watch paint dry. Should bottle the shit as a cure for insomnia.

All about the wonga though isn't it. They feel they can get more money by expanding into other markets.

Given the speed saaawker is spreading in your land and the 'revelation' that the players are smashing their brains up and end ending up making less sense than Ben Carson on weed it's probably wise.

• My Little Pony

Somebody must care or they wouldn't be playing all these games overseas.

The NFL cares, and so they're trying to push their shit on the rest of the world.

At last my cable TV brought FOX sports HD! Without extra charge! God Bless America :tumbsup: and all the foundations of American sports. Now bring some Cuban Baseball in!

Screw UEFA, FIFA, Platini, Blatter and all the other neo-luddites.

And, yeah, who gives a shit about American football, outside of North America?

The same people who give a shit about any of the other games they dont play in north america!! actually it seems theres lots of players coming to the NFL from other countries, i'll tell you whats fucking boring, Soccer, pick the fucking ball up for god sakes, football is the only sport in existance the forward pass is legal, that is what makes it better, you can pick the ball up, and throw it forward towards the goal, so to save all your Soccer is the most popular sport in the world people, well last year One Direction were the most popular band in the world, does that make them good? what kills me is the quickness foreigners use to disregard American Football, I mean at least the Aussies on here jam on Rugby, like G-Off, and them, they give it a watch, and some of them actually start to get into it once they understand it's not like Rugby, it's completely different, and how many Aussies are showing up at the University Of Utah on the depth chart, they arent alike, but if you can play one, your going to have a shoe in for the other, but I dont even want to hear from you Soccer people, tune out!

Not like Rugby? It's a lot like Rugby League in many ways.

Main difference is the padding. Which is what makes it spectacular but also what makes for the brain damage.

Rugby people like to dismiss NFL because of the padding. But the hits those guys take can be gut wrenching. I watched the first game of the new season and one guy was just smashed into a helicopter spin by one tackle.

Each sport has it's own merits. Even Baseball. Though not being able to drink at the end of the game when the only redeeming feature of the sport is the drinking seems a bit strange to me.

All about the wonga though isn't it. They feel they can get more money by expanding into other markets.

Given the speed saaawker is spreading in your land and the 'revelation' that the players are smashing their brains up and end ending up making less sense than Ben Carson on weed it's probably wise.

Soccer isnt spreading anymore then cricket is, mark my words, the only thing thats spreading is people from countries where soccer is popular, thats it, no Americans are suddenly having revelations and entrenching themselves in Soccer, THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN IN THIS COUNTRY!! if anything those immigrants slowly convert to Football, ive watched thousands of Mexicans go from Soccer Slickers to hanging out at the bars around the NFL, and the UFC, so if anything I think you could make the argument it's not spreading, it's just leveling out to the culture of people who are moving here, American sports are American sports, we love them, play them, and have no reason to change them, and with the exception of Hockey, I dont see any other sports catching any kind of flare, at least in America, I cant speak for the Canadians, but they sure aren't having many financial problems in the Canadian Football League, and Toronto's Stadium seemed pretty full last week during the Blue Jays pennant run, I do got to say, cricket looks a little fun.

Not like Rugby? It's a lot like Rugby League in many ways.

Main difference is the padding. Which is what makes it spectacular but also what makes for the brain damage.

Rugby people like to dismiss NFL because of the padding. But the hits those guys take can be gut wrenching. I watched the first game of the new season and one guy was just smashed into a helicopter spin by one tackle.

Each sport has it's own merits. Even Baseball. Though not being able to drink at the end of the game when the only redeeming feature of the sport is the drinking seems a bit strange to me.

Soccer is hell of fun to play, but between Soccer and Golf I cant think of 2 things that kill me watching out of boredom, sorry, yeah you dont like watching 2 players crush each other into cans, you dont get off watching a hit that just flattens somebody?? seriously? nothing about that is exciting to you?

And baseball is arguably the most popular american sport that has came out of america, Imean half the MLB isnt even American, I love it, Baseball is my favorite sport, by miles, it's not even close, but you have to really either love baseball and follow it close, or it's pretty slow, it's certainly not a game most can just drop into, hey I love watching the Darts championships, they rarely show those over here, I bet you get to see them alot?

Golf is a sport I think you have to play to appreciate it on the TV. If you can't relate to the guys it's boring as hell.

I didn't say I don't get some enjoyment out of it. i'm not a Rugby person either.

Cricket is the king of sports. But you really really need to understand that one or it's probably the most boring. Once you work out that you can get 5 days out drinking with your buddies in the sun it has a lot of merit.

I've actually gone off all pro sports though as I've realised quite how much corruption there is out there. As far as I can see there seems to be less in American sport but then this whole One Week Fantasy League thing leaves me wondering.

Soccer is the easiest sport to play which gave a raise to its popularity (basketball except surface+basket needs a stopwatch, don't forget this) and thus is rightfully nicknamed the "king of sports".

Due to my inherent skepticism/cynicism and ethical issues, I don't watch pro sports. But if I do, since they are all doped to the gills, from a spectator's point of view, give me American sports all the way! If pro sports is a modern version of Colosseum, bring on American sports.

Actually the only way to watch soccer again is to be more Americanized, incorporating various technologies, especially in the goal line + hawk eyes etc. Screw the neo-luddites in UEFA +FIFA.

I will only start to worry if they decide to put advertisements in the baseball pentagons

What American 'Sport' worked out very early on is that they are an entertainment industry. Pure and simple. Rules are about balance. Not team can dominate for a decade like it's possible in other sports. I do respect that side to American sport. They're and lot less shy to admit it's all about Money. Hence the attempts to move outside of their 'saturated' markets.

Sawker is a joke right now. Really FIFA is clearly a mafia and the house of cards seems to be falling. Cricket has been shown to be as corrupt as they come. F1 is more about the soap opera around the sport than the cars going round and round.

That's why I'd rather go to a concert these days than a sports event.

What American 'Sport' worked out very early on is that they are an entertainment industry. Pure and simple. Rules are about balance. Not team can dominate for a decade like it's possible in other sports. I do respect that side to American sport. They're and lot less shy to admit it's all about Money. Hence the attempts to move outside of their 'saturated' markets.

Sawker is a joke right now. Really FIFA is clearly a mafia and the house of cards seems to be falling. Cricket has been shown to be as corrupt as they come. F1 is more about the soap opera around the sport than the cars going round and round.

I don't consider NASCAR a sport, sorry NASCAR fans, I see it more of a pastime, by my dictionary, sports are anything wear the athlete is playing, not a whole lot of what I call athletes in NASCAR, slam me at will, but nothing athletic about getting in a car, and driving around a track, 500 times in a a circle, that's just my opinion, which I understand doesn't count for a whole lot.

I don't know about that bro, it seems there's only a handful of teams that can pass a certain mark in the NBA, I don't know how Hockey is, but it seems there aren't ever new teams winning the NBA championship, but your correct on the entertainment point, that's all it is, if people want to admit to it or not.

All the motosports guys need to be top fit. They are pulling big Gs and in hot hot conditions.

I was at Dover Downs the other day and happened upon Dusty Wallace Race Experience running some cars around. Was interesing to see a one mile oval. Must be quite an event when they have a full grid with the pros driving.

Of course the common denominator with Nascar is again beer.

Well you could make the argument beer, (or other) pretty much makes anything standable, or maybe you couldn't make that argument, but I know someone who could!

It would take a lot of beer to get me to a one direction concert.

Ha Ha your pretty funny bro! I rather like ya, if I pay you some money do you think you would be my friend? I M trying to find a new mate, and everyone on here calls me things like a wanker, and bloody bastardll maybe you'll be my mate for a 12 pack, or some money?