Diemonds - Never Wanna Die

55438D34-diemonds-to-release-never-wanna

Canada’s Diemonds have announced the release of their new album, Never Wanna Die, available August 14th. The hard rock outfit locked themselves in the studio with Juno award winning producer Eric Ratz (Monster Truck, Billy Talent) to meticulously craft the follow-up to their debut record, The Bad Pack.

"Working with Eric Ratz was a rad experience for us. We've never had the chance to work with a producer and he definitely helped us find the best way to showcase our new songs. We've come a long way since the last record, so we can't wait to get this album out there!" - C.C. Diemond

The band has most recently licensed a deal with Entertainment One (eOne Music Canada) through Underground Operations for Canadian release and is amped to get back to doing what they do best, hitting the road. They will kick off this cycle by premiering numerous tracks at their Canadian Music Week headline show, Midnight Friday, May 8th at The Hideout, 484 Queen W, Toronto ON. Album pre-sale info is coming soon.

diemonds1.jpg

Tracklisting:

“Never Wanna Die”
“Hell Is Full”
“Over It”
“Ain’t That Kinda Girl”
“Secret”
“Better Off Dead”
“Forever Untamed”
“Wild At Heart”
“Meet Your Maker”
“Save Your Life”

• My Little Pony

Oh, yes! I was just talking about this band with my brother the other day. Saying they better be working on a new album, so this is good news.

• 4 weeks later...

Mid August release date still on track... Priya is now fronting an all female band called She Demons. They will be opening some shows on the current MisFits tour.

• My Little Pony

Mid August release date still on track... Priya is now fronting an all female band called She Demons. They will be opening some shows on the current MisFits tour.

Nice. I'll have to check that out. Priya has such good stage presence. And it doesn't hurt that she's fine as hell. Seriously, where can I find a fine-ass apni that loves to Rock on the West coast?

• 5 weeks later...
  • My Little Pony

I just found out that they are Canadian...loved the last release and am looking forward to the new one...

Streets behind, my friend. You are streets behind.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The new Diemonds CD has been released worldwide. Great stuff... check it out if you like female fronted Rock/Metal.

• My Little Pony

My order has been delayed, but I listened to Dead Planet's post before it was taken down. Really good release.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Ya, when I saw the teaser on fuckbook, I was shocked…such a great surprise.  Hope it’s a great song!
    • Not stellar, but candidly waaaay better than I was expecting.
    • Not going to disagree with this. They've really not changed their sound much across their discography. Either you like it or you don't.
    • New single 'Apocalypse Blues' out tomorrow    
    • Not quite sure about this one. The new (?) songs are good and the re-works of the 'Riot Avenue' songs do sound better than the originals (there is a but coming). 'Sword And Stone' is okay but should have been left in Bonfire's very capable hands. This version pales significantly compared to that one.  Anyway, I guess the idea of the re-recordings is decent here. For the most part the production sounds better, but, there's a problem. And without being a sound guru, I'm not sure exactly what it is. There is what I believe is an issue with the treble area in the final sound, most noticeable in the first song. I don't know the exact way to explain this stuff, but the best way to describe it is that it sounds like a well produced album, at a really low bitrate. Instead of 320kbps it just sounds like it's coming through the speakers at 64kbps... even at a high bitrate. Irritating and something I can't shake, but there's good bits to it too.    
    • I loved this dude's first two post-Idol albums. It's pure pop rock, but I still absolutely love songs such as this; Sadly, for me, everything since those first two albums has been some kind of variation of a train wreck. The Quiet Riot stuff was a mess and this type of metal he's churning out now - I regret to say - is just painful to my ears. Lyrically, he may as well be singing about pasta on train tracks with a side of tree branch for all I can connect with it. Musically I find it really boring, and lyrically it's even worse.  I've actually got the hard copies of first two CDs in my garage but it's too much hassle to go look for them. I can't remember if he wrote or at least co-wrote a lot of the stuff on those two albums, but either way it definitely sounded like the songs at least meant something to him. I'd like to hear that again rather than him trying this metal thing which really doesn't seem to suit him. If he's passionate about it, sure, go for it. I'd love to hear him doing something heavy (and good)... but with songs that actually sound like they mean something to him. This new album sounds like trash to me, I hate to say. He's undoubtedly had a very interesting life post-Idol. I'd much rather hear about that in songs rather than dragons eating reapers in balls of fiery metal or whatever shit is on this album. 
    • Pretty true to their sound so many years into their career. Definitely sounds like HS; no doubt about that. 'Broken' is my favourite song from here... nice tune. Most of the rest is all pretty good to solid too. Admirable effort. 
    • Probably wouldn't have bothered to check this out if I'd not heard an interview with Ace where they spoke about the fact that Steve Brown of Trixter fame co-wrote and produced the album. And it does sound good, production-wise. And the songs are a bit better than I expected. Stand out track is the simple but nice 'Back Into My Arms Again.'  The but? For me, it's the vocals. He is not a good singer... quite a bad one, in fact, and it affects the songs poorly, for me. Which is not to say they're all great otherwise. But some are okay. I wish they'd used Steve for the vocals... 
    • Ok even more clues. Carl's best friend the boy who cried ... and hallowed be thy name.
    • Nope you will kick yourself when it is guessed.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.