Toseland - Hearts And Bones EP

Stefan

header_home.png

From www.toselandmusic.com:

The release of “Renegade” (which has sold almost 10,000 copies in the UK alone) and two years of constant touring – both pre and post release – headline shows, supports with the likes of Aerosmith, Status Quo, Little Angels and Reef and festival shows such as Download, Isle Of Wight, Carfest, Planet Rockstock and Silverstone Moto GP - has established Toseland as one of the most exciting new UK rock acts. “Renegade” spawned multiple radio hits – with four consecutive singles A listed at Planet Rock radio.

The “Hearts And Bones” EP features the self titled first single and another new song “The Closer I Get”. The EP also features a cover of The Teardrop Explodes classic ‘Reward’. The EP builds on Toseland’s sound - driving riffs overlaid with the powerful voice of James Toseland. The EP was again recorded with Toby Jepson producing (credits include The Answer, Saxon and The Virginmarys) and Steve Harris (Foo Fighters, U2) as engineer.

The “Hearts And Bones” EP will be available on CD, download and 10" vinyl with the exclusive pre order at Pledgemusic.com from 9am GMT Wednesday 28th January 2015. Pledge preorders will get an exclusive acoustic version of “Renegade” album track and previous single “Just No Way” as an instant grat.

2014 saw Toseland develop as a powerful live act. The band remains the same core – James Toseland (vocals), Zurab Melua (Guitar), Ed Bramford (Guitar) and Roger Davis (bass). The band have recently welcomed new drummer Joe Yoshida.

If the name might seem familiar it is because Toseland are a band fronted by double world superbike champion James Toseland. Throughout his career as a motorcycle racer, music was been central to James life – so when James was forced to retire through injury a journey into music started. He does maintain ties with the racing world. To the extent that in late 2014 he was due to attempt to break the motorcycle land speed at the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah, United States. Unfortunately the attempt was delayed due to adverse weather and surface conditions – but is now scheduled to happen in late 2015. The streamliner James will ride is powered by a Rolls Royce jet engine and is called 'The 52 Express' after Toseland's racing number.

10931356_10153056085829770_6797573590629

I still can't remember what I think of their last album, but I strongly dislike that song, so equipped with that, and the fact that I can't even remember the last album, I'm going to assume these guys are not for me.

Nice little EP.

The two original tracks on it are on a par with the debut album, and the weakest track is the cover song.

At the moment these guys can do no wrong in my eyes.

Nice little EP.

The two original tracks on it are on a par with the debut album, and the weakest track is the cover song.

At the moment these guys can do no wrong in my eyes.

its my EARS i'm worried about ;-)

I saw Toseland for the second time at the Rescue Rooms in Nottingham last week. The first time was in the basement room in Rock City last October. My missus is a massive fan of James Toseland from when he raced so i've ended up being dragged to many Crash gigs before they were disbanded to make room for this band. I thought Renegade was pretty solid and certain songs sound good live. The second show was better than the first but i'm not sure about the new tracks on this EP yet. The new album apparently is ready but they've just landed a world wide record deal from a German company so it's delayed while they re-release Renegade world wide.

Does not surprise me that the second album is ready as Renegade was recorded long before the whole pledge campaign, and that campaign was really only used to pay for pressing and distributing it. Pretty much the same with this EP as well.

• My Little Pony

I saw Toseland for the second time at the Rescue Rooms in Nottingham last week. The first time was in the basement room in Rock City last October. My missus is a massive fan of James Toseland from when he raced so i've ended up being dragged to many Crash gigs before they were disbanded to make room for this band. I thought Renegade was pretty solid and certain songs sound good live. The second show was better than the first but i'm not sure about the new tracks on this EP yet. The new album apparently is ready but they've just landed a world wide record deal from a German company so it's delayed while they re-release Renegade world wide.

Have you noticed a change in his voice, because that track above sounds very different from the debut.