Songs Between Songs

nyoilers

• 2023 Gold Donors

What's the deal with these artist that put songs.music,talking,etc... between songs? For example if song 7 is over then you should go right to song 8 .Instead here is the 2 minute countdown,backwards of course,of a snippet of a song.Either make that little snippet a song or don't put it on the CD !

I do, and I f*cking hate it.

Just listen to the album from the most under-rated band on this forum. Their song 'I remember' from their brilliant last disc, 'Common Courtesy' is a KILLER closing song (before the 3 bonus tracks) and clocks in around the 3-4min mark... yet the track is 9mins long!!! Because there's about 5mins of pointless chatter after the song ends. Soooo annoying. Because you want to put good songs on compilations, and that's a good song, which will never make it on any compilation, ever. :(

If you're still unsure who the band is, you're missing out, like the rest of the forum (where's Tim (2)??) on the mighty and brilliant A Day To Remember.

Still have no idea what y'all are talking about.... :blink:

If you're referring to bands who hide an extra song at the end of a CD's last track , I thought that gimmick went the way of the buffalo a loooooooong time ago.

• 2023 Gold Donors

I guess there's different annoying things.My latest example is Turbonegro-Scandinavian Leather.Listen to song 7.It says its about 4 minutes long but it really is a little over 2 minutes long.Then it goes into a 2 minute countdown backward as song 8.Then when that's over song 8 comes on.

Now you won't notice this if you play it on your computer but you will if you play it in your car or on a CD player.

I hope you're right,Freddy and bands stop doing that foolish gimmick.

• My Little Pony

Is this what you mean? The song ends at about 4:45, but it's followed by some bullshit that, like Geoffery said, keeps it from making any playlists.

For me it's simple. If an actual song is 3mins long the track should be 3mins long. If the track runs any longer than 3mins, for any reason whatsoever, it annoys the shit out of me.

Geoff, try audacity.

Here's the first example that comes to my mind. A really great song (Actually the song is 23 minutes long due to the repeated relaxing sound of waves on the shore) but I guess Latimer wanted to fill the empty cd space (another reason why cds suck!).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWeAzIOKDfs

if i remember correctly,, the weirdest one i ever encountered was the Galactic Cowboys - Space in your face cd (1992 or 3?)

the cd player would read a ton of tracks,, but many of the extras were short and blank, then there was a long and blank one with a sogn starting in the middle,, then more blanks, then a long blank where the timer counted BACKWARDS,, and then there was a final song...

• My Little Pony

if i remember correctly,, the weirdest one i ever encountered was the Galactic Cowboys - Space in your face cd (1992 or 3?)

the cd player would read a ton of tracks,, but many of the extras were short and blank, then there was a long and blank one with a sogn starting in the middle,, then more blanks, then a long blank where the timer counted BACKWARDS,, and then there was a final song...

Really? I gotta check that out.

This happened also with this cd when I tried to rip it (some years ago).

The%20Upheaval.jpg

• 2023 Gold Donors

Kerosene Hat by Cracker has 99 songs.Songs 16-68 are in the 4-6 second region,totally blank.Then songs 70-87 are again in the 4 -6 second region and 89-98 as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a few CDs where there's a 'hidden' track at the end ... either making the 'last' track ridiculously long, or putting a whole load of really short, silent tracks on the disc so it looks like there are 99 songs on there ...

NIN's 'Broken' springs immediately to mind ...

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, and if you buy the online digital version of some of these older CDs you could end up getting a 10 minute mp3 with a good chunk of silence and a crap tune at the end.

This is nobody's favorite Firehouse song (starts at 4:33):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7oqdHZF1Ss

Kerosene Hat by Cracker has 99 songs.Songs 16-68 are in the 4-6 second region,totally blank.Then songs 70-87 are again in the 4 -6 second region and 89-98 as well.

Overkill's W.F.O. disc is the same way ...the CD reads 99 (!) tracks... when the album proper ends, there's a bunch of 'empty" tracks that are only two or three seconds apiece. Eventually the "hidden" track comes on and it sounds like a live tape of a drunken jam session - sloppy covers of Priest's "The Ripper," Hendrix's "Voodoo Chile" and a few others.

Overkill's W.F.O. disc is the same way ...the CD reads 99 (!) tracks... when the album proper ends, there's a bunch of 'empty" tracks that are only two or three seconds apiece. Eventually the "hidden" track comes on and it sounds like a live tape of a drunken jam session - sloppy covers of Priest's "The Ripper," Hendrix's "Voodoo Chile" and a few others.

Yea I forgot Overkill did that.... First time I put it in I saw the 99 tracks and was like.. What the fuck!!????? :rofl2: