"Quiet Riot 10" - New Album

Fat Freddy

A sneaky peek of the new album from The Frankie Banali Quiet Riot Experience Featuring Jizzy Pearl, "Quiet Riot 10," is making the YouTube rounds...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26_b6Lb69n0

I wonder if the "10" means it's their 10th studio album, or their 10th new singer since Kevin died... OK, that was cruel. :D

Apparently it'll have 6 new studio tracks and four vintage live cuts w/DuBrow on vox.

What sayest thou fellow mettle nerds?

By the way, this video sez the album will be "available at iTunes and Amazon June 27," but I just looked for it on Amazon and couldn't even find a listing for it. Make of that what you will, I guess. :rofl2:

More power to them. If you don't like what Frankie is doing, don't support it.

Agree.

I wonder if the "10" means it's their 10th studio album, or their 10th new singer since Kevin died... OK, that was cruel. :D

I thought it was that Quiet Riot was the 10th band Jizzy Pearl had joined this week.

I thought it was that Quiet Riot was the 10th band Jizzy Pearl had joined this week.

:rofl2: also a possibility!

I appreciate them putting out new music when some bands just rehash old material. Always liked Frankie Banali's drum playing. Wright & Grossi are good musicians also. Will purchase if released on CD

http://www.amazon.com/Quiet-Riot-10/dp/B00LCA0JEY/

I'll buy it because I have all the other studio albums by the band (except the first two Jap ones), but as someone who has never been a huge fan of Jizzy, I dont expect to be blown away even if the songs are great.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll readily admit I fell off the Quiet Riot bandwaggon by the time I'd left high school in 1986... But damn if they weren't awesome in 1983 through 1985.

Might I assume (without looking it up) that this is the band's tenth album (titled 10 and all)? I sure would have thought (in 1983) that 30 years later they'd have been more accomplished. Yes, I understand the band went through a lot of turnover and Dubrow's death pretty much ended it (for most fans)... but Metal Health was SO huge... really thought they would have left more of a legacy.

I thought this was dreadful. Sounds like it was recorded in my garage, and the songs are just basic slabs of very pointless rock. Rubbish, in short.