Tango Down

The Rocker

You can now go to Kivel Records and pre order Tango Down - Charming Devil due 8/5/14

• 2 months later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX-ETRZFgNQ

Hey Everyone

Been away from the great forum that is here at HH. Thought id stop by and say hello. The Tango Down is set to go off to the manufacture this week, then a 12 day turnaround. Check out the title track and behind the scenes video from the bands photo shoot. Look fwd to hearing everyones feedback

Thanks!

John

This is going to be killer!!!

I've taken a liking to these guys.

I was very late to the party having just gotten Identity Crisis about a month ago. Decided to give it a shot after seeing that Tango Down would be performing at Melodic Rock Fest 4 on the day I'm going in October.

Was originally going to basically see H.e.a.t....But now have another band I'm excited about seeing :)

Looking forward to the new album to see if they can top Identity Crisis.

• 4 weeks later...

IMO, Charming Devil is full of more straight ahead, classic rock songs than Identity Crisis.

I personally don't like it as much as Identity Crisis. Songs I really enjoyed from IC were Back To Life, Enlighten Me, Alone, Blame & Corners of My Mind. Those songs struck me as melodic bliss.

Something feels a little different on Charming Devil. It's not a huge difference, but it just seems like the songs are more straight ahead, no frills rock. Kinda hard to put my finger on it. There just doesn't seem to be as many hooks or something. The songs just don't seem to pull me in as much. They do sound great though...Just aren't really as memorable for me as some of the Identity Crisis tracks.

The title track, Charming Devil, is probably my favorite song and has the most classic melodic rock feel to me.

Don't get me wrong though...It sounds great, is well put together and is a quality release. I think anybody that wishes Identity Crisis "rocked" a little more will really enjoy this album. It still has great vocal work by David Reece and is still probably better than most of what is coming out today, especially here in the US.

IMO, Charming Devil is full of more straight ahead, classic rock songs than Identity Crisis.

I personally don't like it as much as Identity Crisis. Songs I really enjoyed from IC were Back To Life, Enlighten Me, Alone, Blame & Corners of My Mind. Those songs struck me as melodic bliss.

Something feels a little different on Charming Devil. It's not a huge difference, but it just seems like the songs are more straight ahead, no frills rock. Kinda hard to put my finger on it. There just doesn't seem to be as many hooks or something. The songs just don't seem to pull me in as much. They do sound great though...Just aren't really as memorable for me as some of the Identity Crisis tracks.

The title track, Charming Devil, is probably my favorite song and has the most classic melodic rock feel to me.

Don't get me wrong though...It sounds great, is well put together and is a quality release. I think anybody that wishes Identity Crisis "rocked" a little more will really enjoy this album. It still has great vocal work by David Reece and is still probably better than most of what is coming out today, especially here in the US.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Hey Lettard

Someone notified me about your post. I would be more than happy to look into the status on your order. Inbox me at kivel@kivelrecords.com with your order details, and ill look into it asap. I can say this. ALL pre orders were shipped out between the 9th and the 13th. All international orders were shipped between the 12th - 16th. I know that people who were shipped to in Arizona, Florida and Nebraska last week. All received theirs today. Rest assured, its coming and I hope it will be worth the wait! Look fwd to your feedback

Thank You

John

Hey Lettard

Someone notified me about your post. I would be more than happy to look into the status on your order. Inbox me at kivel@kivelrecords.com with your order details, and ill look into it asap. I can say this. ALL pre orders were shipped out between the 9th and the 13th. All international orders were shipped between the 12th - 16th. I know that people who were shipped to in Arizona, Florida and Nebraska last week. All received theirs today. Rest assured, its coming and I hope it will be worth the wait! Look fwd to your feedback

Thank You

John

Thankyou John,Reply sent

• 4 weeks later...

Hey John, assuming any feedback is better than no feedback at all, I'll be honest and admit this one sadly doesn't really work for me. It's still a solid 70% album but based on the last album, I was definitely expecting this one to go far into the 80's in terms of scoring.

It's definitely a more straight forward rock disc compared to the more "commercial" / melodic 'Identity Crisis,' so that may actually suit some people. For me personally, I was hoping for more of the same as per the last album. 'I'm done loving you' is definitely my favourite song on this disc, but even that doesn't sound as good as the original. Other than that, I think the best tunes are 'Too many roads' and 'Change my world.' The rest... well, to me it's just plain, average hard rock.

Anyway, keep doing what you're doing and I hope there's another album from these guys, and selfishly, I hope it's a lot more like 'Identity Crisis' than this one. :)

I get exactly what you're saying and had pretty much the same feel. I thought Identity Crisis was perfect melodic rock...songs like Blame, Alone, Back To Life, Enlighten Me all had a cool, melodic vibe to me and liked the structure and feel of those songs. I don't think the new album has the same sort of vibe.

Don't get me wrong though....still like it and the album is well put together and is a classy release. Highlights for me are Charming Devil, Too Many Roads, I'm Done Loving You and Change My World.

On a side note, haven't seen it mentioned yet in this thread but saw an announcement recently that lead vocalist David Reece has left the band. So it will be interesting to see who they replace him with and what direction future material takes.

Hey John, assuming any feedback is better than no feedback at all, I'll be honest and admit this one sadly doesn't really work for me. It's still a solid 70% album but based on the last album, I was definitely expecting this one to go far into the 80's in terms of scoring.

It's definitely a more straight forward rock disc compared to the more "commercial" / melodic 'Identity Crisis,' so that may actually suit some people. For me personally, I was hoping for more of the same as per the last album. 'I'm done loving you' is definitely my favourite song on this disc, but even that doesn't sound as good as the original. Other than that, I think the best tunes are 'Too many roads' and 'Change my world.' The rest... well, to me it's just plain, average hard rock.

Anyway, keep doing what you're doing and I hope there's another album from these guys, and selfishly, I hope it's a lot more like 'Identity Crisis' than this one. :)