SOTO - Inside The Vertigo

Stefan

The album will be released through Frontiers Records and some news from FB:

Going to throw another SOTO sampler out tomorrow around 9AM Los Angeles time/5PM UK time...in the meantime, keep hitting the new page, the website is going up soon and more updated info on things!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21anVAgh3dc

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's ok I guess, but NOT what I want to hear from JSS.

Its not as good as Wrath but I do like it....listening to it once will do nothing, but then I always say this. Some songs are growers.

Loads of people hated Beautiful Mess too but man I loved that album.

For me its good to hear him do something different again - damage control went back to basics to satisfy the regular fans.

Its not as good as Wrath but I do like it....listening to it once will do nothing, but then I always say this. Some songs are growers.

For me its good to hear him do something different again - damage control went back to basics to satisfy the regular fans.

I loved Beautiful Mess as well ;)

I don't.

I don't.

Color me shocked ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Now that he is getting this heavier stuff out of his system, hopefully there is another W.E.T. album planned!!!

• 2 weeks later...

so anybody heard this ?

my first impression of this album is not good. Awfully average at around 63% because Soto played down the modern metal road with downtuned guitar setting which I'm really allergic to. The only worthy track in an iPod is the decent power ballad, 'When I'm Older', and you know you're in trouble if you have lots of throw-away materials. Folks that into modern stuffs like Disturbed, Hatebreed, etc might dig this though

Not sure what happened with him and why he decided not to repeat the good 'Damage Control' melodic style. His vocal still sounds good but the songs mostly don't, so probably the first disappointment of 2015 and could be the top 5 of this year ? Too bad :(

Wow mate we at polar opposites I have to say.

This is a killer metal album from start to finish - soto sounds great, it retains enough melody throughout while kicking your butt to Kingdom Come. I love it.

Yeah im sure every dude on here is gonna pour over 'when im older' as its standard JSS type anthem....but theres so much more here for me.

I doubt there will be a better metal album this year....Tremonti has got his work cut out now.

Also I have to say the production is 100% kick your arse....those drums and bass wow.