• 2023 Gold Donors

Hey all, I've been away for a while (a lot of stuff going on in life) and am going to try and get back on here more.

I've been watching FNA records lately and they are releasing a lot of stuff that looks good. I wanted to know if anyone has picked anything up by them recently. I got some stuff from them last summer through ebay and the packaging and inserts were really good but some the disc's ended up being blueish/greenish tinted disc. Others were silver pressed. I stopped buying their releases after that. Their averaging about $15 a disc on their website and I don't want to buy any more until I know whether they are silver cd's or not. I've asked on their facebook site when they announced a release but didn't get an answer.

Appreciate any info on this.

This is a popular topic. I'm actually in the process of buying a few titles myself. I wasn't looking to buy anything right now, but the limited availability of Freight Train Jane has forced my hand a bit. I've also wanted to get the St. Warren releases for a long time. They won't be around forever so I should probably try to get them now.

I recently got Fatal Attraction. I was really disappointed by it. The sound quality was terrible.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Stefan,

Thanks for the links. Wow, I've been away for so long. I missed all the info about this label. Most of their early stuff was silver pressed and I've had no issues with. Lately their stuff has been CD-R's and I'm not paying $15 for one. The need to list which ones are which on their website.

Demon Doll Records now list which of their release are silver and which are CD-R.

I'd still like to pick some of them up if I find out they are silver pressed.

Thanks again for the input.

Mullethead, sorry to read about the BS you've had to go through with these guys.

• My Little Pony

I will keep it simple...fuck this label.

Tell us how you really feel!!

If I did the server would blow up...:)

I'm okay with that.

This is a popular topic. I'm actually in the process of buying a few titles myself. I wasn't looking to buy anything right now, but the limited availability of Freight Train Jane has forced my hand a bit. I've also wanted to get the St. Warren releases for a long time. They won't be around forever so I should probably try to get them now.

I recently got Fatal Attraction. I was really disappointed by it. The sound quality was terrible.

I'd "try" make sure the Freight Train Jane is not a cd-r first (if the guy will even respond) unless you're ok with that. Seems that's all the guy is burning now.

I will keep it simple...fuck this label.

Backed twice !!!

I can't really comment on the physical status of the discs as I think they were designed unaffordable for Australians in the first place, but I have heard a few of these albums. It's annoying because I see the band photos and read the bio and get really excited. But the sound quality for pretty much every release I've heard from this label has been absolutely dreadful, and inconsistent.

Most the stuff is just terrible demos with no attempt to rescue the sound quality at all. Just stuff that should be given away for free to those who are interested, but not worth any money.

My package arrived with no problems. I believe my copy of Freight Train Jane is #65. I must admit I can't tell if it's silver pressed or not. The fact that the St. Warren releases were digipaks surprised me a bit. I wonder why they went that direction?

My package arrived with no problems. I believe my copy of Freight Train Jane is #65. I must admit I can't tell if it's silver pressed or not. The fact that the St. Warren releases were digipaks surprised me a bit. I wonder why they went that direction?

Can't tell if it's silver? That concerns me...I'm sure it's a cd-r then. Hold it next to a silver disc & compare.

Ordered 3 times, with one on the way at the moment, from their website and never had any problems at all.

• 2 weeks later...

The Freight Train Jane cd is a cdr. Not mentioned as well....I expected nothing less.

If it's a "reissue" on a CD-R then it's not a REAL issue, re- or otherwise ... it's a demo.

Well it's not the demo, just a burned copy of the original version with different artwork. st. James signed up for this crap apparently.

Did I already mention .... ?? FUCK FnA !!!

The Freight Train Jane cd is a cdr. Not mentioned as well....I expected nothing less.

If it's a "reissue" on a CD-R then it's not a REAL issue, re- or otherwise ... it's a demo.

Well it's not the demo, just a burned copy of the original version with different artwork. st. James signed up for this crap apparently.

Let me rephrase this ... if it's on a CD-R it's not a proper release, period.

I think most would agree.

I think most would agree.

... except for the "labels" that release them???