Pat Badger Wants You Money

KarpetRydOFunk

• My Little Pony

Pat Badger, of Extreme, is working on his first solo album, and he's trying to get it funded through Pledge Music. Here's the link: http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/badger

Doesn't sound too bad.

To (sorta) quote James Woods in The Hard Way: 'Not if you tied me by my tongue to the tailpipe of your car and dragged me naked over a field of broken glass.' :)

To (sorta) quote James Woods in The Hard Way: 'Not if you tied me by my tongue to the tailpipe of your car and dragged me naked over a field of broken glass.' :)

:rofl2:

I kinda feel the same way. Not about Pat Badger in particular, but this whole Kickstarter/Pledgemusic crowd-sourcing nonsense in general.

Off topic, that is one of my all time favorite movies!

You and me, both :)

You and me, both :)

I count that one amongst my faves, too. I picked up Stephen Lang's Avatar figure just because of his role as Party Crasher. I remember Michael J Fox stating in an interview about how they all expected the Hard Way to be a runaway blockbuster and had only mild expectations for Doc Hollywood and yet the reverse occurred. The Hard Way is must see viewing for those who have yet to see it!

I kinda feel the same way. Not about Pat Badger in particular, but this whole Kickstarter/Pledgemusic crowd-sourcing nonsense in general.

Its a brilliant way to do it. Not only does it ensure a band can afford to make an album, it also allows people who pledge early access to the album and a whole bunch of other exclusive bits n pieces.

Its hardly nonsense considering how well it works.

Is paying up front to get the album made any different to preordering a CD and paying up front?

If they reach their target you get your album and whatever else you pledge for. If they dont reach their target, you dont get anything and no money is taken from your account.

• My Little Pony

Its a brilliant way to do it. Not only does it ensure a band can afford to make an album, it also allows people who pledge early access to the album and a whole bunch of other exclusive bits n pieces.

Its hardly nonsense considering how well it works.

Is paying up front to get the album made any different to preordering a CD and paying up front?

If they reach their target you get your album and whatever else you pledge for. If they dont reach their target, you dont get anything and no money is taken from your account.

Yeah, I'm all for crowd-funded projects.

• 3 weeks later...
  • My Little Pony

First single:

https://soundcloud.com/patbadger/whatever-happened-2-us/s-YmrEQ

Say what you will about crowd-funded shit, tell me you don't like this.

• My Little Pony

First single:

Well... I don't like this

For real? I mean, I know a lot of guys aren't gonna love this, but it isn't offensive to the ear either.

Yeah not offensive to the ear, can't put it into technical terms but it just doesn't grab me. I usually like crowd-funding etc. makes a good release more ''special'' to have an additional sort of connection to it but will not be supporting this one cause there's just so much other stuff I'd rather listen to.

I recently made a pledge to the Nasty Habit Kickstarter project for financing their next EP, didn't really like the last album they put out but I figured their next release would / could be better cause I think they have potential (mostly production-wise) so I just went for it. But it's not looking to good so far they only reached about 1/3 of their goal...

Yeah not offensive to the ear, can't put it into technical terms but it just doesn't grab me. I usually like crowd-funding etc. makes a good release more ''special'' to have an additional sort of connection to it but will not be supporting this one cause there's just so much other stuff I'd rather listen to.

I recently made a pledge to the Nasty Habit Kickstarter project for financing their next EP, didn't really like the last album they put out but I figured their next release would / could be better cause I think they have potential (mostly production-wise) so I just went for it. But it's not looking to good so far they only reached about 1/3 of their goal...

I've heard a few of the new Nasty Habit tunes.. I've got to say that the new ones are better than the ones from the first release. Seems like the songs are constructed better. You've got to remember how young they are, I don't think any of them are older than 20.

First single:

Got nothing against crowd-funded projects ... but this does nothing for me ...

I've heard a few of the new Nasty Habit tunes.. I've got to say that the new ones are better than the ones from the first release. Seems like the songs are constructed better. You've got to remember how young they are, I don't think any of them are older than 20.

Cool, you see them live or heard demos? What you said, ''constructed better'' that's exactly what I was thinking / hoping they would do next time around.

P.S. Anybody know if the total goal for a project can be found on pledgemusic? Can't seem to find it for example on kickstarter and indiegogo you always see how much the goal is.

I got nothin' against Pat Badger or this project... if he's got enough fans willing to fund it, then good on him.

That seems like a mighty big "if" though... realistically, are there really THAT many people out there saying to themselves, "You know what the world really needs? A solo album by the bass player from Extreme!"??

Just sayin'.

• My Little Pony

I got nothin' against Pat Badger or this project... if he's got enough fans willing to fund it, then good on him.

That seems like a mighty big "if" though... realistically, are there really THAT many people out there saying to themselves, "You know what the world really needs? A solo album by the bass player from Extreme!"??

Just sayin'.

I get what you're saying, and I agree. I'm not blown away by this. It's a nice piece of Melodic Rock, but I have not funded this, nor will I.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The sound cloud for the first song doesn't work anymore, but I'll admit I like this tune plenty enough. I hadn't ever even checked this thread out for all the interest it instilled in me, but I'm a little interested now.