Warning concerning new Tora Tora package

Guys, unless you like receiving cd-r's, stay away from this overpriced package. I bought it based on the "only 100 will ever be pressed" of the To Rock, To Roll EP and got a fucking cd-r. I am emailing them now about a return. I will update when I hear back....very disappointed.

I am giving them some credit as they did not hassle me at all about returning it. They made it clear to me that the band only wanted 100 of these pressed and they can only do cd-r pressings unless the order is 500 or more. I told them I understood but that they need to list it that way because the consumer should know. I have had the MP3's of that album for years, I don't need a cd-r. I almost asked them before I order since there was only 100 but I decided against it since the package was so expensive ($120+) Had they listed it as a cd-r, I would have never bought it. I suggested they list it that way but who knows if they will listen. Cheap ass art work...the whole nine yards.

I am giving them some credit as they did not hassle me at all about returning it. They made it clear to me that the band only wanted 100 of these pressed and they can only do cd-r pressings unless the order is 500 or more. I told them I understood but that they need to list it that way because the consumer should know. I have had the MP3's of that album for years, I don't need a cd-r. I almost asked them before I order since there was only 100 but I decided against it since the package was so expensive ($120+) Had they listed it as a cd-r, I would have never bought it. I suggested they list it that way but who knows if they will listen. Cheap ass art work...the whole nine yards.

Holy shit! What exactly did you get for that?

Holy shit! What exactly did you get for that?

Tora Tora is releasing an extremely limited and rare "Super Fan Package" in honor of their 25th Anniversary together as a band. The band has decided to offer up only 100 total packages ever at www.fnarecords.net, making this one of the most limited hard rock fan packages on the market.

The Tora Tora 25th Anniversary fan package will include the following items:

(1) Tora Tora – To Rock To Roll CD (true to the original indie cassette that was released 25 years ago in a limited run of 500 cassettes),

(2) Limited edition 25th Anniversary t-shirt (exclusive to this package),

(3) Limited edition 25th Anniversary bandana (exclusive to this package),

(4) Embroidered ball cap,

(5) Three limited edition 25th Anniversary guitar pics.

Additionally, each of the lucky 100 fans to buy this "Super Fan Package" will also be entered into a contest to win an autographed guitar signed by the entire band.

http://eddietrunk.co...er-fan-package/

Anyhow, there is no excuse not to press 500 CDs and then use 100 and discharge the rest. After all, it costs less than $300 to press 500 CDs these days. Certainly FNA could have done that, at $111 price per pop, shipping not included... pffft :rolleyes:

Anyhow, there is no excuse not to press 500 CDs and then use 100 and discharge the rest. After all, it costs less than $300 to press 500 CDs these days. Certainly FNA could have done that, at $111 price per pop, shipping not included... pffft :rolleyes:

They were adamant in the email that it was the band that wanted only 100 pressed and they had no control. Even more, the quality of the rest of the stuff looked cheap.

I still don't understand why they isn't just press the original in a limited form of 500. Better yet, you have at this point already released everything you had.....record a new album!

Excellent point and can't agree more with the pfft!

They were adamant in the email that it was the band that wanted only 100 pressed and they had no control. Even more, the quality of the rest of the stuff looked cheap.

I still don't understand why they isn't just press the original in a limited form of 500. Better yet, you have at this point already released everything you had.....record a new album!

I guess the band only want to capitalize the glam revival of the last 3-4 years. I suspect they had moved on with their lives and probably had sold their guitars, basses, and even forgot to play a chord, so why bother record a new album when everyone's downloading for free and no one will even guarantee the new album will be sold over 500 copies. This strategy is definitely to lure out the hardcore and collectors because 100 copies is much easier to be sold $100 / piece than 500 because of the rare value.

I guess the band only want to capitalize the glam revival of the last 3-4 years. I suspect they had moved on with their lives and probably had sold their guitars, basses, and even forgot to play a chord, so why bother record a new album when everyone's downloading for free and no one will even guarantee the new album will be sold over 500 copies. This strategy is definitely to lure out the hardcore and collectors because 100 copies is much easier to be sold $100 / piece than 500 because of the rare value.

One reason, two words...

Frontiers Records

One reason, two words...

Frontiers Records

Actually they've played several reunion shows the last couple of years.

Yes would be nice for a new album on Frontiers.

• 2 weeks later...

(1) Tora Tora – To Rock To Roll CD (true to the original indie cassette that was released 25 years ago in a limited run of 500 cassettes),

How can it be true to the original indie cassette if there are not 500 copies?

Surely if you want to be true to the original, you release the same amount of copies.

Surely if you want to be true to the original, you release the same amount of copies.

I think they mean the sound is true to the tape, or in other words the CDRs would be pressed from a cassette tape rip transfer...

I think they mean the sound is true to the tape, or in other words the CDRs would be pressed from a cassette tape rip transfer...

That's exactly what they meant...I know because it sounds like shit.

Yeah, but the fact they point out there was 500 cassettes, really shows how pathetic it is to not do a run of 500 proper pressed CDs considering the price they are charging.

Hell, if they are just using the original cassette with no remastering, then they have spent no money on it at all, and people might as well use the versions that have been doing the rounds for years and make a CDR themselves.

For the price they are charging, they should have spent something on mastering and/or pressing a nice run of 500 silver CDs.

I had issues with my Cleavage cd being scratched to hell but they replaced it for me.

It's f'd up that their giving you that much grief over a return.

You have no idea...look at the FNA thread...

I swear to God I am going to knock this guys two front teeth out! I had to escalate it to Paypal. He won't answer them but he will argue with me. By the way, the package arrived back to him on 03/18/2013.

Mutherfucker.... :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up:

• 2 weeks later...

According to Paypal I am finally getting my money back and the case is being closed. Not until I get threatened by this stupid fuck via email. Of course that caused me to spout off...I'm not having some asshole threaten to come to my house and "make me sorry because he has my address". Are you fucking kidding me bro? Fuck you and the label. I won't buy shit from these fucks ever again. There will in fact be a link on my website exposing his practices.

People, I would never tell you not to buy from someone because I know everyone wants to support the bands and the music...but let me say this. Ask exactly what you are getting because the process of getting your money back is fucking ridiculous from this place. Bad enough that I filed a complaint with the BBB. I have never done that in my entire life of buying ANYTHING.

Well, if they are selling CDRs for $100+ its obvious they are in it for the cash, and will try their best not to give it back... Chalk it as a learning experience and move on.

Done and done...

According to Paypal I am finally getting my money back and the case is being closed. Not until I get threatened by this stupid fuck via email. Of course that caused me to spout off...I'm not having some asshole threaten to come to my house and "make me sorry because he has my address". Are you fucking kidding me bro? Fuck you and the label. I won't buy shit from these fucks ever again. There will in fact be a link on my website exposing his practices.

People, I would never tell you not to buy from someone because I know everyone wants to support the bands and the music...but let me say this. Ask exactly what you are getting because the process of getting your money back is fucking ridiculous from this place. Bad enough that I filed a complaint with the BBB. I have never done that in my entire life of buying ANYTHING.

That is just fucked that he would say that about having your address. That is a threat my friend and should be passed on to the authorities period.