Most. Boring. Superbowl. Ever.

heavyharmonies

Still a bad game. Boring and non-competitive for the first half. Stupid power outage totally "zapped" the flow of the game. Then yeah, holding on 4th down....but then the reason it's not called is because "the refs aren't gonna throw a flag in the Super Bowl in that situation"???

One thing that stood out to me even more than it did against my team weeks earlier is how fast Kaepernick is...wow, dude has wheels.

That last series only 5 yards to go with a fresh set of downs and not scoring a touchdown will haunt the 49ers for a long, long time. Sure it should have been holding on 4th and 5, but they blew their first 3 chances. RUN THE FUCKIN' BALL get those hard yards, the Ravens defense was toast, make Kaepernick run or give it to the fullback and pound it in. Four short pass attempts to the inzone....all fails.

Not upset the Ravens won, but the way they won was a downer. Give me a field goal in the last second any day over purposely giving up a safety and simple clock management.

As for the commercials, the one I liked the best was the Samsung one with Rudd and Rogen...funny but not that spectacular. The best one of late is still the one with the Darth Vader kid for Volkswagen from a few years back.

The game was boring. If not for the power outage Baltimore would have probably won 60-13. And the commercials were about as bad as I ever remember them being. However, I did gain about 15 lbs from all the food I ate. fatsmilie.jpg

I wasn't bored.. In fact, I felt a whole lot better in the first half. ONly time I was bored was that stupid half time show and the 35 min. delay (although I had time to cook dinner without missing anything).I know people will say that the 4th down play was where the game was won or lost. The fact is.. The #2 scoring defense was torched in the first half. In the second half all had to do was stop Flacco and the Ravens from completeing a pass on a 3rd and one. It would have also helped if they at least touched Jones on the kickoff return. The Niners were gifted 3 points when thier pansy kicker who knew the kick was no good fell on the ground like a little school girl.

People can blam the officials all they want.. but the 49ers lost that game.

I'm so happy that Ray Lewis only got to mention GOd once before the mic was ripped from his meathooks and was really shocked when the announcers started talking about his murder charges and how people either love RL or dispise him, "no wait Phil they say hate, pure hatred"... :)

The hold was just that a hold, half the distance to the goal line, 1st down and 4 more chances to punch it in, which they would have. To say you can't call that in the Superbowl is just Simms being a network tool. Did the Ravens take the 9'ers to school in the first half hell ya, did the network mucky muck cut the power to cool the Ravens jets and give middle AMerica something to talk about sure did. And sure that safety was chicken shit, but thats what pro ball has turned into, a bunch of overpaid pussies that can't beat a team fair, they got to let the clocks do it...

I am shocked, amazed and confused that no one is mentioning #29 on the Ravens defense abusing that referee during the 1st half scirmish and not getting ejected with prejudice. In any other game you look at an official cockeyed and its a 3 game suspension, this guy sprang up and thrust out with both hands shoving an official and not a peep...

I'm so happy that Ray Lewis only got to mention GOd once before the mic was ripped from his meathooks and was really shocked when the announcers started talking about his murder charges and how people either love RL or dispise him, "no wait Phil they say hate, pure hatred"... :)

The hold was just that a hold, half the distance to the goal line, 1st down and 4 more chances to punch it in, which they would have. To say you can't call that in the Superbowl is just Simms being a network tool. Did the Ravens take the 9'ers to school in the first half hell ya, did the network mucky muck cut the power to cool the Ravens jets and give middle AMerica something to talk about sure did. And sure that safety was chicken shit, but thats what pro ball has turned into, a bunch of overpaid pussies that can't beat a team fair, they got to let the clocks do it...

I am shocked, amazed and confused that no one is mentioning #29 on the Ravens defense abusing that referee during the 1st half scirmish and not getting ejected with prejudice. In any other game you look at an official cockeyed and its a 3 game suspension, this guy sprang up and thrust out with both hands shoving an official and not a peep...

This coming from a Steelers fan who was handed a Super Bowl against the Seahawks. :violin:

I kid you Terry.. but I kid you because... well.. The Ravens won.

At this point it doesn't matter what anyone thinks.. just as it doesn't matter what anyone things about the Steelers - Seahawks Super Bowl.

The game was called consistantly.. that's about all you can ask for these days. That penalty wasn't being called in the 2nd and 3rd quarters... and wasn't call a penalty at the end.

Ended up being one of the best ever IMO.

Seriously? Or you just making fun?

I can think of many that this one wouldn't even crack the top 10.

Boring, more boring, really no drama at the end except a non-call that gets called all year long...shit a defensive back cannot even breathe on a receiver in the NFL and they don't call that? Jim Harbaugh is just embarrassing....then the Ravens you got Mr. Double Homicide....and who is the idiot that ran through the tunnels of New England's stadium after they beat the Patriots yelling about how they showed the Patriots....Suggs? Classless idiot. But that said, Ed Reed is my kinda player and John Harbaugh is way classier and more tolerable than his younger temper tantrum brother. I dunno, don't really care for either team. Game over, Baltimore won, but it was a stupid game IMO.

By the way, on that non-punt safety....did anyone else see the Raven guy hold on to the 49er lineman by the waist and pull him away from the punter? Wouldn't have made a difference but it was just plain weird looking and not called.

Boring, more boring, really no drama at the end except a non-call that gets called all year long...shit a defensive back cannot even breathe on a receiver in the NFL and they don't call that? Jim Harbaugh is just embarrassing....then the Ravens you got Mr. Double Homicide....and who is the idiot that ran through the tunnels of New England's stadium after they beat the Patriots yelling about how they showed the Patriots....Suggs? Classless idiot. But that said, Ed Reed is my kinda player and John Harbaugh is way classier and more tolerable than his younger temper tantrum brother. I dunno, don't really care for either team. Game over, Baltimore won, but it was a stupid game IMO.

By the way, on that non-punt safety....did anyone else see the Raven guy hold on to the 49er lineman by the waist and pull him away from the punter? Wouldn't have made a difference but it was just plain weird looking and not called.

I saw that hold and it was so obvious and as you said it wouldn't have mattered but to not call it it really makes you wonder.

This coming from a Steelers fan who was handed a Super Bowl against the Seahawks. :violin:

I kid you Terry.. but I kid you because... well.. The Ravens won.

At this point it doesn't matter what anyone thinks.. just as it doesn't matter what anyone things about the Steelers - Seahawks Super Bowl.

The game was called consistantly.. that's about all you can ask for these days. That penalty wasn't being called in the 2nd and 3rd quarters... and wasn't call a penalty at the end.

I know you kid and I love you too buddy. The Raven/Steeler jabbing makes me smile :) See.

I gave kudos, Baltimore kicked arse all of the first half and enjoy the ring it will be another 12 years before they get another shot. :)

I would like to get to a point where we don't have to argue consistency in officiating. I mean they reveiwed every other damn play in the regular season then when it comes down to the big game its all bets off?

And still no one mentions the ref abuse? I got to go on You Tube and find the play now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBEcU-mLXFk

OK here it is, watch the fight unfurl and you will have to watch it a number of times to appreciate it, but at the 25 second mark (to fully appreciate the act find the 23 second mark and let it play to 26,27 and then jump it back to 23, do this about 50 times) of this video watch at the 30 yard line, just ot the right of center screen. You see Walker #29 come popping up and there is a this ref who he full on charges at and shoves back 5 yards and then nothing mentioned... ANd after that we watch Walker pitch a fit for a LONG time and then #24 gets the personal foul call?

Just a curiousity, to me.

I looked at the vid from the 20-30 sec mark, but whoever posted it appears to have cut parts out so it's hard to tell wtf is going on...unless it's my cheapo computer skipping over and over during playback.

No, not a joke. Storming back in the 3rd quarter and it coming down to the wire. I would consider that a great SB in my book.

This is from a reader at Packers.com who asked about that safety play I was referring to above:

Josh from Caledonia, WI

I was thinking of you, Vic, when they did the intentional safety. I remember you saying how distasteful it felt to you to give points to the other team. But they executed it perfect to clinch the Super Bowl.

It was the right thing to do. I knew as soon as the fourth-down pass was incomplete and I did my math on the time remaining that the Ravens would take the safety on fourth down. I also think that for the second consecutive year a play in the Super Bowl might cause some kind of rules adjustment. The Ravens intentionally held on the safety play. Why not? If they’re called for holding, it’s still a safety and the time isn’t put back on the clock. Again, it was the smart thing to do, but I also think it might result in some conversation on the subject at the owners meetings in March, and possibly cause a proposal to put time back on the clock or penalize the violating time in some additional manner when it’s guilty of holding in that situation. Remember the too-many-men-on-the-field penalty in last year’s Super Bowl and the rules change it caused. Coaches are smart people. They will always find gaps in the rules, which will force more rules. By the way, if we need proof that the officials’ flags were sewn to their pockets in the final moments of the game, the safety play is it.

as far as the holding non-call goes, it was consistant with how the game was called from the first quarter till the end. As far as the holding in the endzone not being called isn't it the same as with any hail-marry play? there is holding, interfearence and other non calls on every hailmary thrown.

I disagree it was consistent. 2 or 3 series prior the 49'ers were flagged for pass interference on a critical 3rd down play around midfield which led to Ravens points instead of a punt. It was the right call. If consistent then call the pass interference on the first ball thrown to Crabtree and the holding on 4th down. And all season long they call the ticky tacky crap...which I don't like but I would say the opposite...let's get consistent.

And like Wes said, when you see Ravens offensive linemen on the punt actually grabbing 49'ers around the waist and being dragged along (which was a smart move on their part!) but no flags being thrown for holding??? It really does make you wonder......I think the MAFIA was involved! :)

I seen at least 2 instances in the first half where the 49er defender grabbed the arm of a Raven WR and it wasn't called. I think the one that sticks out the most was Torri Smith streaking down the right sideline and his armed got grabbed and no flag. I remember shouting at the TV twice about non-calls

I seen at least 2 instances in the first half where the 49er defender grabbed the arm of a Raven WR and it wasn't called. I think the one that sticks out the most was Torri Smith streaking down the right sideline and his armed got grabbed and no flag. I remember shouting at the TV twice about non-calls

I remember that no call on Smith's route.