The albums that suffered in '92 (or close to it...)

MetalPete1031

Yeah, I know you love it mate.....youve said as much many a time.

Just putting forward an alternative view.......and I guess there's a few that agree with me.

Having just re-listened to both albums in their entirity I was actually surprised that DED was weaker than I recalled. I mean Bonfire is only an OK rocker - may 7.5, Bitter Pill is pretty good, but again 8 maybe...at a push 8.5.

Clearly the 2 best rockers are 'All My Bridges' and 'Quicksand' which are both awesome and at least 9.5 or more.

'Let It Rain' is a good ballad and 'Inside Out' is mad - maybe the heaviest Warrant ever were....more like Skid Row, but pretty killer.

So yeah a really strong end, but overall not as good as Cherry Pie.

By no means a bad album and probably around 80-85%.

But I'd have CP at 90-95%

For me anyway.

The track Cherry Pie isn't very good, I honestly never really liked it, sounded like it was written only to be hit with the non hair rock fans around the world. I Saw Red is perfection, the best bridge in a song ever. Bed of Roses is awesome as well. Next to I Saw Red, the best track on Cherry Pie is Mr. Rainmaker...that song should have been a single, fantastic!

As for DED, I to will admit the first 2 songs do nothing for me, I skip them all the time, but April 2031 is awesome and so is Andy Wharhol Was Right...I as for the rest of DED, it has 4 tracks that are insanely awesome. All My Bridges Are Burning, Quicksand, Bitter Pill and Sad Theresa.

Damn I miss Jani Lane Warrant!

The track Cherry Pie isn't very good, I honestly never really liked it, sounded like it was written only to be hit with the non hair rock fans around the world. I Saw Red is perfection, the best bridge in a song ever. Bed of Roses is awesome as well. Next to I Saw Red, the best track on Cherry Pie is Mr. Rainmaker...that song should have been a single, fantastic!

As for DED, I to will admit the first 2 songs do nothing for me, I skip them all the time, but April 2031 is awesome and so is Andy Wharhol Was Right...I as for the rest of DED, it has 4 tracks that are insanely awesome. All My Bridges Are Burning, Quicksand, Bitter Pill and Sad Theresa.

Interesting. But is Bitter Pill as good as say Blinf Faith? I'd say no.

Agree that Bridges & Quicksand are awesome.

As for April 2013 - gonna divide opinion that one. Some parts I like some I dont. I could do without kids singing - reminds me of Floyd & that ain't a good thing lol.

Interesting. But is Bitter Pill as good as say Blinf Faith? I'd say no.

Agree that Bridges & Quicksand are awesome.

As for April 2013 - gonna divide opinion that one. Some parts I like some I dont. I could do without kids singing - reminds me of Floyd & that ain't a good thing lol.

Blind Faith and Bitter Pill aren't even on the same album. One sounds like atypical 90's hair rock pop song and the other is monster emotional rollercoaster. I do like Blind Faith don't get me wrong, but Bitter Pill destroys it on every level.

Yeah I know the whole point of my ramblings is to compare Cherry Pie & DED

I do like Bitter Pill - don't get me wrong - its probably in the top 3 on DED. But to say it destroys Blind Faith on every level is madness in my eyes. Both are great songs but the massive chorus & production of Blind Faith just nicks it for me - say 9.5 & 8.5

Haha, I gotta add a curveball and say I also prefer 'Blind Faith' (and 'I Saw Red,' of course) to 'Bitter Bill.' All three are super, but the two from 'Cherry Pie' are lifetime faves of mine. Lyrically 'Bitter Pill' definitely has the edge over 'Blind Faith' and I totally get what you mean, Dave, that is is "technically" probably the better song, but I do personally prefer 'Blind Faith.'

Agree that 'Quicksand' and 'All My bridges are burning' are unadulterated sheer perfection.

To stay somewhat on topic, DED was released in 1992, but it did not suffer because of it. Although I will admit upon listening to it I was skeptical, but grew to love the beefier and more mature side of Warrant.

But which album is better Cherry Pie or Dog Eat Dog? I've alway had a tough time with that, so here is my track by track grading and we'll let a calculator decide it in the end.

Cherry Pie

Cheery Pie - 7

Uncle Tom's Cabin - 9.5

I Saw Red - 10

Bed Of Roses - 9.5

Sure Feels Good To Me - 8

Love In Stereo - 8

Blind Faith - 8.5

Song And Dance Man - 7

Hell Your Mama Ever Raised - 9

Mr. Rainmaker - 10

Train, Train - 5 (filler!)

total - 83.1%

Dog Eat Dog

Machine Gun - 6

The Hole In My Wall - 6

April 2031 - 9

Andy Warhol Was Right - 8.5

Bonfire - 7.5

The Bitter Pill - 10

Hollywood - 8

All My Bridges Are Burning - 10

Quicksand - 9.5

Let It Rain - 8.5

Inside Out - 7.5

Sad Theresa - 9.5

total - 83.3%

83.1% to 83.3% Damn that was close! Each album had standout tracks and both had a few that I would leave off. You take my top 12 tracks, all the 9 to 10's you would have one of the greatest albums ever.

I did a quick off the top of my head and would rate DED around 91% and 'Cherry Pie' around 83% - based on individual songs alone.

I'd be throwing in extra points at DED for the overall pleasure I get from that CD.

but for me the first 4 songs on DED are just fillers. I know many love those songs, but I just dont. Having said that 'All My Bridges' is arguably my fav Warrant song.

I agree. I thought after the opening tracks it got much better

agree

Wow. 'April 2031' is one of my all-time favourite songs, and 'Andy Warhol Was Right' is in my top 5 off the CD. And to top it off, the first 2 are killer hard rockers in my book. But wow, fillers? Crazy people on board here. ;)

To each his own but no way in hell those are fillers. All 4 are awesome songs.

I concur!

That album had Jani at his creative peak. I saw a post somewhere by Jani where he talks about writing that album after he heard 'Nevermind'. Might be his old site? Not sure, but anyway he was extremely proud of that album. They all were. I feel lucky to have seen that tour in a small club.

Yeah, I know you love it mate.....youve said as much many a time.

Just putting forward an alternative view.......and I guess there's a few that agree with me.

Having just re-listened to both albums in their entirity I was actually surprised that DED was weaker than I recalled. I mean Bonfire is only an OK rocker - may 7.5, Bitter Pill is pretty good, but again 8 maybe...at a push 8.5.

Clearly the 2 best rockers are 'All My Bridges' and 'Quicksand' which are both awesome and at least 9.5 or more.

'Let It Rain' is a good ballad and 'Inside Out' is mad - maybe the heaviest Warrant ever were....more like Skid Row, but pretty killer.

So yeah a really strong end, but overall not as good as Cherry Pie.

By no means a bad album and probably around 80-85%.

But I'd have CP at 90-95%

For me anyway.

You took the words right outta my mouth Glen!

I'd be throwing in extra points at DED for the overall pleasure I get from that CD.

Dude the center ring in the DED cd is the same size as all other cd's, why would you get more overall pleasure.

Dude the center ring in the DED cd is the same size as all other cd's, why would you get more overall pleasure.

For some reason my copy came with a tongue included. Yours didn't?

Yeah I know the whole point of my ramblings is to compare Cherry Pie & DED

I do like Bitter Pill - don't get me wrong - its probably in the top 3 on DED. But to say it destroys Blind Faith on every level is madness in my eyes. Both are great songs but the massive chorus & production of Blind Faith just nicks it for me - say 9.5 & 8.5

I agree Glen

To stay somewhat on topic, DED was released in 1992, but it did not suffer because of it. Although I will admit upon listening to it I was skeptical, but grew to love the beefier and more mature side of Warrant.

But which album is better Cherry Pie or Dog Eat Dog? I've alway had a tough time with that, so here is my track by track grading and we'll let a calculator decide it in the end.

Cherry Pie

Cheery Pie - 7

Uncle Tom's Cabin - 9.5

I Saw Red - 10

Bed Of Roses - 9.5

Sure Feels Good To Me - 8

Love In Stereo - 8

Blind Faith - 8.5

Song And Dance Man - 7

Hell Your Mama Ever Raised - 9

Mr. Rainmaker - 10

Train, Train - 5 (filler!)

total - 83.1%

Dog Eat Dog

Machine Gun - 6

The Hole In My Wall - 6

April 2031 - 9

Andy Warhol Was Right - 8.5

Bonfire - 7.5

The Bitter Pill - 10

Hollywood - 8

All My Bridges Are Burning - 10

Quicksand - 9.5

Let It Rain - 8.5

Inside Out - 7.5

Sad Theresa - 9.5

total - 83.3%

83.1% to 83.3% Damn that was close! Each album had standout tracks and both had a few that I would leave off. You take my top 12 tracks, all the 9 to 10's you would have one of the greatest albums ever.

You can basically say that about 90% of the bands in our genre!

• 4 weeks later...

Spread Eagle-Open To The Public (93) THis album is amazing!

Seattle's own War Babies-S/T!

Keith AGREED on W. Soul!

WASP had THe Crimson Idol (92)

Riverdogs-Bone (93)

Rumbledog-S/T (93) & The Drowning Pool (95).

Tora Tora-Wild AMerica (92)

Tyketto-Strength In Numbers (94)

Blackfish-S/T (93)

Just to name a few of my fave's.

I agree with that Wildside disc, that fucker is Godly along with Powertool. Unfortunaltely Mitch Malloy, Masquerade, and Bangalor Choir never got any radio play. I think Wildside was the last metal band that got any radio play back in 92.

Was Ugly Kid Joe - America's Least Wanted released around the same time?