Glam Band To Bring It Back?

speedboi101

The answer is none... but it seems to be doing alright anyway, despite not being huge. It'll never be huge again in my opinion, but there are a lot of young bands getting into it, so it's doing fine. Wicked sound pretty cool.

Hopefully the new Crashdiet album will make a decent splash...

Hopefully the new Crashdiet album will make a decent splash...

I think if any band will do anything in "our genre" it'll be Crashdiet. Although, that said, I saw both of Steel Panther's CDs in JB Hifi on the weekend - a big Aussie music shop chain (well, the only one now, isn't it?). Maybe a Sanity here and there?

The answer is none... but it seems to be doing alright anyway, despite not being huge. It'll never be huge again in my opinion, but there are a lot of young bands getting into it, so it's doing fine. Wicked sound pretty cool.

You might be right, but music trends things tend to happen in cycles and there's no logic to it

It makes no sense at all to me. For example, when Whitesnake, Heart, Guns n Roses etc had huge hits and others like Skid Row had quite big hits, there were loads of other bands who had great songs and sounded similar that didn't make it. Why did people who loved Whitesnake never get into the likes of White Sister and Shark Island? I suspect it's down to effort - people don't bother to research music they might like, most people just listen to whatever they are spoon-fed by the radio and television. Shame for some of the bands we like, as I’m sure there are loads of songs produced by bands mentioned on here that would surely appeal to a lot more people if they ever heard them.

Come to think of it, you're right, it'll never happen.

I like this!

You might be right, but music trends things tend to happen in cycles and there's no logic to it

It makes no sense at all to me. For example, when Whitesnake, Heart, Guns n Roses etc had huge hits and others like Skid Row had quite big hits, there were loads of other bands who had great songs and sounded similar that didn't make it. Why did people who loved Whitesnake never get into the likes of White Sister and Shark Island? I suspect it's down to effort - people don't bother to research music they might like, most people just listen to whatever they are spoon-fed by the radio and television. Shame for some of the bands we like, as I'm sure there are loads of songs produced by bands mentioned on here that would surely appeal to a lot more people if they ever heard them.

Come to think of it, you're right, it'll never happen.

Back in the heyday of our music there was no internet to spread the news. If there is a comeback the best music will not get buried in bullshit because it will be easy to find and hear the best stuff available....

I like this!

Me too. Very nice.

Hey glam_junkie no it wasn't either of those 2 bands.Think the singer is about 20 with dark hair.Ill see if if I can find them.

Bad City?

Have the found a new lead singer yet?? I really dig the band. Excellent debut.

Hey glam_junkie no it wasn't either of those 2 bands.Think the singer is about 20 with dark hair.Ill see if if I can find them.

Bad City?

Last I heard was that the band went back to the original singer they had before they became Bad City.

Bad City?

Last I heard was that the band went back to the original singer they had before they became Bad City.

I really liked the lead singer on Welcome to the Wasteland. Granted, the songs were there but the vocals delivered!

Bad City?

I really liked the lead singer on Welcome to the Wasteland. Granted, the songs were there but the vocals delivered!

I agree, love Bad City, but not glam to me.

Bad City?

I agree, love Bad City, but not glam to me.

yeah, not glam but people make statements about "bringing back glam" to many bands that aren't even glam

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...