FAVORITE LIVE SHOW OF 2012..?

LV KIX

I know there are a few of you who still try and get out to some live shows. Just wondering who are some of the favorites so far this year.

Probably Night Ranger @ the O2. They were excellent once again and probably had an even better set list than in 2011.

Honourable mentions though to Halestorm - excellent but set list was too short at just over an hour.

Also Fatal Smile were surprisingly excellent at the Underworld in London - certainly blew Crazy Lixx away who were supporting - surprised me that!

• My Little Pony

I nearly forgot about the MOR Cruise this year. I s'pose it's because I'm already looking forward it next year. It was definitely a surreal experience This year has been a blur. Who else did I see?

Probably Night Ranger @ the O2. They were excellent once again and probably had an even better set list than in 2011.

Honourable mentions though to Halestorm - excellent but set list was too short at just over an hour.

Also Fatal Smile were surprisingly excellent at the Underworld in London - certainly blew Crazy Lixx away who were supporting - surprised me that!

BTW, have you checked out NIGHT RANGER's new acoustic album ? Looks like the best live disc so far this year, but haven't got access to the CD yet, so don't know when and where did they record that album ? Need to get hold of the DVD if it's available, very good show based on what I hear !

Been a very quiet year for me on the concert front (because no one's come to Australia!), but even if I'd seen a band per week I truly doubt anyone would touch Steel Panther. Saw them twice in February this year and it was magnificent.

BTW, have you checked out NIGHT RANGER's new acoustic album ? Looks like the best live disc so far this year, but haven't got access to the CD yet, so don't know when and where did they record that album ? Need to get hold of the DVD if it's available, very good show based on what I hear !

Im sure that Night Ranger probably did do a great show, but personally I hate acoustic. Always have.

If a band plays an acoustic version of a song live, I usually go for a piss.

I'd say my Top 5 of this year (so far) would be... in no particular order:

CRASHDIET

STRYPER

KIX

NIGHT RANGER

RATT (first show with Juan)

Still have a few left before the end of the year,,,, so we'll see if this changes.

Oh... and the worst by far was Queensryche at Rocklahoma.

• My Little Pony

CRASHDIET

STRYPER

KIX

NIGHT RANGER

Still have a few left before the end of the year,,,, so we'll see if this changes.

Wait... You've seen KIX?

CRASHDIET

STRYPER

KIX

NIGHT RANGER

RATT (first show with Juan (& last))

Fixed that for ya!

CRASHDIET

STRYPER

KIX

NIGHT RANGER

Wait... You've seen KIX?

I've seen them a time or 7 this year... Only 3 more KIX shows left for me to see this year.. ... :fun_84:

• 2 weeks later...

Halestorm & Reckless Love are both excellent live - you should enjoy them!

So it was Halestorm's turn yesterday...and yeah you were totally right! Fantastic sound, Lzzy in top form and great interaction with the crowd. Arejay is one hell of a drummer and showman and could as well be this generation's Tommy Lee! The only downpoint (besides Heaven's Basement not playing as support act) would be the length, which was only about 70 minutes.

Steel Panther still on top for me...