Banshee - Mindslave

darin

Funny story about Banshee, a couple weeks ago on my drive to work, I pass a bar which I have driven by for the last 10 years or so.

On a Budwieser coming event sign it say this Sat. Banshee playing live. Thinking it was just a cover band, not the "Cry in The Night/ Race Against Time" group. I kinda just forgot about until I passed the sign again the following Monday. So, I checked their Facebook, sure enough they played Freddie's Bar in Bristol, Pa. that Sat. night. It's a small place maybe could hold 150 people at most. But, it would have been being cool to check the show out.

Hopefully it's a cheap cd-r like the reissues they were selling on their website! :)

Exactly! I want to hear it as well since their other 3 albums are killer but WTF with the CD-R crap?

Hopefully it's a cheap cd-r like the reissues they were selling on their website! :)

Exactly! I want to hear it as well since their other 3 albums are killer but WTF with the CD-R crap?

I was being sarcastic. The cd reissues they were selling on their website were actually cd-r's. Then the band said something about how they would replace them with silver pressed discs but then disappeared.

• 3 weeks later...

I've listened to a few tracks from this one and it sounds really good! I didn't expect to like it as the band are described as 'Power Metal' on several websites, but I didn't detect any of the cheesey choruses I hate so much in the genre. Just really good straight-ahead HM with great guitars and vocals. Love it.

No one else...?

Can't find any reviews of this one (except the one on a Belgian site linked on the band's Facebook page). Wonder why this one's getting so little coverage? The songs sound monstrously good! :banger:

My mate, JamesEagle (hereafter referred to as 'that bastard'), played me some tracks at the weekend ... I have to admit, I liked what I heard ...

My mate, JamesEagle (hereafter referred to as 'that bastard'), played me some tracks at the weekend ... I have to admit, I liked what I heard ...

You know it makes sense. ;)

Actually, don't worry, the deed is done. You may be seeing that CD sooner than you think..... :whistle:

• 1 month later...

Another CD bought on the strength of listening to songs online that has turned out to be quite disappointing. It's not a bad album by any means and has a few good songs, but there are no killer tracks that I'll be keen to listen to many times. Pretty average overall.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is this the same Banshee that releashed the 1988 song Sleeping All Alone and do they still sound like that era?Also did that 88 song chart?

Are you maybe thinking of the band Bonfire?? I believe it was a song off the Fireworks album around '87-88.

Is this the same Banshee that releashed the 1988 song Sleeping All Alone and do they still sound like that era?Also did that 88 song chart?

Are you maybe thinking of the band Bonfire?? I believe it was a song off the Fireworks album around '87-88.

Yeah your right I got them mixed up.

• 2 months later...
Guest dontdokken

This one had completely gone under my radar but I must admit that the song online is really NU for my taste, heavy riffs, too much distortion.... damn those modern influences...

• 6 years later...

Random bump, but you guys know these guys released a new album this year - 'The Madness?'

Banshee-album-cover-2-e1560984361967.jpg

Wasn't a fan, but probably pretty cool if you liked this guy in the past;

1    .    Metal Morphosis

2    .    Psychosis

3    .    Demons (In My Head)

4    .    The Madness

5    .    Cerebral

6    .    Ingrid (Ballad of An Ex Wife)

7    .    Into The Breakdown

8    .    Dead Inside

9    .    Red Sails In The Sunset

10    .    Slippin' Away