Pride Of Lions - Immortal

Glen

maybe they're too AOR for your heavier taste bro

Probably but I do like some AOR.

This sounds like it starts out a bit cheesey like some of their previous stuff, but the second half sounds like straight ahead AOR which might be more up your street?

Cheers

One of the most dramatically over-rated bands not only in recent years, but of all time, mate. You're not missing anything. The debut had a few pretty sweet tunes but everything since has been a nightmare, mostly unlistenable. I'll give the new one a go and hope I'm pleasantly surprised, but yeah, if it's good I will be just that, extremely surprised.

• My Little Pony

I thought the only song that didn't work was "Delusional." I mean, it's a good message, but that kind of content doesn't really work in a song format. Maybe in a more poetic, and metaphorical delivery, but the way they present it? Yeah, too cheesy.

I thought the only song that didn't work was "Delusional." I mean, it's a good message, but that kind of content doesn't really work in a song format. Maybe in a more poetic, and metaphorical delivery, but the way they present it? Yeah, too cheesy.

Yeah that one is a bit 'theatrical' but that is a verse clip, the chorus is big Hitchcock.

One of the most dramatically over-rated bands not only in recent years, but of all time, mate. You're not missing anything. The debut had a few pretty sweet tunes but everything since has been a nightmare, mostly unlistenable. I'll give the new one a go and hope I'm pleasantly surprised, but yeah, if it's good I will be just that, extremely surprised.

There are a few gems, some really nice songs even after the debut imo, but far, far, far too many ballads on their albums. I'll bet pretty much every other song will be a ballad, so this will be a 'download a few tunes' job for me.

Thoughts on the samples only - not full songs, I admit:

Immortal - terrible. Like a really bad version of 'Strong enough' from TH's solo disc.

Delusional - someone really records this when it's going on? Stop it!

Tie down the wind - no chorus admittedly, but I'm already very bored by this

Shine on - sounding cheesy and cuts out before chorus, but could be okay

... and that's about enough. I really just don't like the whole sound/style/vibe of this band and I get the feeling this won't change my thoughts.

Immortal - terrible. Like a really bad version of 'Strong enough' from TH's solo disc.

I agree, but all the best sounding songs were from track 5 onwards.......always too quick to judge mate ;-)

Seriously though, there's always going to be some cheesy/theatrical moments on a POL disc, but some of these songs sound very promising to me....more akin to the debut.

You either like it or not i guess.

I agree, but all the best sounding songs were from track 5 onwards.......always too quick to judge mate ;-)

Seriously though, there's always going to be some cheesy/theatrical moments on a POL disc, but some of these songs sound very promising to me....more akin to the debut.

You either like it or not i guess.

Haha, you serious about the track 5 and beyond comment? :lol: I'll give it a go sometime, I'm sure.

• 2 weeks later...

.......and jacket. No wonder Toby is looking the other way! lol.

Also, I must admit that the video for 'Delusional' is appallingly bad, even in melodic/rock terms - never the best are they!! lol.

Im a bit worried that my initial hope that this would revert back to the debut sound.......ie less cheesey / theatrical, might be misplaced. Still eager to hear this though and some of the songs towards the end sound good.

• My Little Pony

In fairness he doesn't look any more ridiculous than some of the guys whose music you love - like the lead singer of Crashdiet for example. Just saying ;-)

Are you kidding me? Crashdiet's image is awesome!! I loved the photos of them in New York.

In fairness he doesn't look any more ridiculous than some of the guys whose music you love - like the lead singer of Crashdiet for example. Just saying ;-)

Are you kidding me? Crashdiet's image is awesome!! I loved the photos of them in New York.

Just making the point that a 2 foot Mohican is probably just as weird as a purple hairdo, that's all.

• My Little Pony

Just making the point that a 2 foot Mohican is probably just as weird as a purple hairdo, that's all.

But, at least a two foot Mohawk makes sense.

Tore the words from my mouth. I'll put that down to a moment of insanity, Glen, but you surely jest? This idiot looks like some moron who's been born and raised on marijuana, lives in a space portal and is clearly schizophrenic and heavily brain damaged. And did I mention an astronaut and a knight teamed up to dress him? Look at his stoned expression too. :lol: The guy hasn't a clue, surely, about anything... most of all where he is and who that guy behind him is. ;)

The dude in Crashdiet doesn't have hair I'd personally sport, but he's just your standard angry looking metal-type guy. They all look kind of silly technically, but in a kind of cool way. There is nothing even remotely cool about this jester.

Really lol ??! Just like spandex, chains, dodgy cowboy boots & everything else our beloved genre displays ;-)

• My Little Pony

Really lol ??! Just like spandex, chains, dodgy cowboy boots & everything else our beloved genre displays ;-)

I'm saying it makes sense, because it's indicative to the genre: sleaze metal. When did purple shag, and Gardian-style space suits represent AOR?

Tore the words from my mouth. I'll put that down to a moment of insanity, Glen, but you surely jest? This idiot looks like some moron who's been born and raised on marijuana, lives in a space portal and is clearly schizophrenic and heavily brain damaged. And did I mention an astronaut and a knight teamed up to dress him? Look at his stoned expression too. :lol: The guy hasn't a clue, surely, about anything... most of all where he is and who that guy behind him is. ;)

The dude in Crashdiet doesn't have hair I'd personally sport, but he's just your standard angry looking metal-type guy. They all look kind of silly technically, but in a kind of cool way. There is nothing even remotely cool about this jester.

Ha ha yeah whatever, I actually thought he looks like a dude worth a bucket load of cash who can do and look like what he wants. He's the one laughing.