Pride Of Lions - Immortal

Glen

'Delusional' is again a decent song, not bad, but based on two songs released, not really sure that this album is going to make in the top 50

and that purple hair, well Halloween is nearing right ? :D

Just listened to Delusional... theyre Delusional if they think that isnt the most annoying song ive heard this year.

'Delusional' is again a decent song, not bad, but based on two songs released, not really sure that this album is going to make in the top 50

and that purple hair, well Halloween is nearing right ? :D

Just listened to Delusional... theyre Delusional if they think that isnt the most annoying song ive heard this year.

I thought delusional was actually a nice description of the clown above, thinking he looks anything but ridiculous. ;) As for the music... yeah, comments made and I doubt I'll make much effort to follow this up with a listen. :(

Just listened to this all the way through on Spotify and whilst it was actually OK in places I realise how far my musical preferences have moved in the last few years. This is nothing compared with the debut, and has some of the corniest lyrics I've heard since...well the last POL album actually :-)

To summarise (very briefly)...the first 4 tracks were all pretty dire IMO, the next 4 or 5 were actually OK, with a couple of decent (7.0 ish) ballads. The last 3 were actually OK, but there's nothing on here really worth re-visiting to be honest. Shame really cos I though they might actually produce a decent AOR album, but no.

Have a strong feelin that EM is gonna crucify Peterik at his own game, cos Jimi's album is gonna be exactly what Peterik should be trying to write, but sadly no longer can.

Just completed my first spin tonight. While I thought earlier it's gonna be dreadful, the fact it's actually not that bad and I kinda enjoy it at some point, although songs seem bouncing back from 6/10 to 8/10, and probably the ballad 'Sending My Love' get a 9/10 from me. I love how PRIDE OF LIONS played with the various tempo on their songs, from the slow verse and suddenly burst out on the chorus, but at the end of the day, this might ended up like last year's MECCA, some will hate it a lot, while some will love it.

The other great songs for me here are the opening 'Immortal', 'Shine On', and 'If It Doesn't Kill Me' - while the rest are kinda so-so, harmless AOR, maybe in the 7/10 range, and perhaps based on that single spin, 70% sounds reasonable.

Bored me senseless and I like the band on past releases. No big tunes, no big hooks and really really shitty lyrics. No thanks.

As good as Toby is, and Peterik obviously, PoL just never clicked with me...I don't know why.

Because they suck. ;)

Nah, I take no joy in seeing everyone finally realise what a rubbish band these guys really are, but I am thankful that because of the comments, I probably won't ever put myself through a listening of this... especially if people who liked the last album (which is one of the worst things I've heard in my life) are even saying this is bad. Must be f*cking incredible... in a bad way. ;)

A 95% review you know where..Please do fuck right off!! In no way shape or form does this album deserve anywhere near 95%. Oi! Peterik fanboys...Cotton Buds...Out...Now...Pronto..

As good as Toby is, and Peterik obviously, PoL just never clicked with me...I don't know why.

Because they suck. ;)

Nah, I take no joy in seeing everyone finally realise what a rubbish band these guys really are, but I am thankful that because of the comments, I probably won't ever put myself through a listening of this... especially if people who liked the last album (which is one of the worst things I've heard in my life) are even saying this is bad. Must be f*cking incredible... in a bad way. ;)

It's got nothing to do realising mate. If an album is good AOR like the debut or Destiny Stone, I will say so and give it the praise it deserves.

The last 2 albums have been in the main poor though - from a lyrical/theatrical point really (I mean Toby still sounds awesome, esp on the ballads) - but I must add they are not alone this year in the epic fail category are they!

Been a great year in most respects but also some major disappointments along the way

• My Little Pony

A 95% review you know where..Please do fuck right off!! In no way shape or form does this album deserve anywhere near 95%. Oi! Peterik fanboys...Cotton Buds...Out...Now...Pronto..

Considering Jezzer is one of only a few voices I listen to with regards to AOR, and this is how he feels about this release, I'mma stay the f*ck away.

Considering Jezzer is one of only a few voices I listen to with regards to AOR, and this is how he feels about this release, I'mma stay the f*ck away.

Mate..Please make your own mind up..give it a listen on spotify or sommat first...then you can tell me it's lame :)

Mate..Please make your own mind up..give it a listen on spotify or sommat first...then you can tell me it's lame :)

Wussies!

(No, not you Jez and Karpethead, the band... ;) )

Because they suck. ;)

It's got nothing to do realising mate. If an album is good AOR like the debut or Destiny Stone, I will say so and give it the praise it deserves.

The last 2 albums have been in the main poor though - from a lyrical/theatrical point really (I mean Toby still sounds awesome, esp on the ballads) - but I must add they are not alone this year in the epic fail category are they!

Been a great year in most respects but also some major disappointments along the way

.All three of the past POL releases were really good in my book...so I was quite surprised that I didn't really rate ANY song on this album..and I can pretty much say that has never ever happened with me before on any AOR type disc. Don't get me wrong.It's not terrible..but it has to be said it is musically bog average, lyrically poor and generally doesn't get the pulse racing one Iota.

• My Little Pony

Yeah, but it just sounds like I'd be wasting my time. And I've got so many other things to waste my time doing.

Because they suck. ;)

.All three of the past POL releases were really good in my book...so I was quite surprised that I didn't really rate ANY song on this album..and I can pretty much say that has never ever happened with me before on any AOR type disc. Don't get me wrong.It's not terrible..but it has to be said it is musically bog average, lyrically poor and generally doesn't get the pulse racing one Iota.

Yeah I've said it before but for me the debut was a stellar AOR album - virtually every song was excellent. Destiny Stone was pretty good but already started to veer toward the theatrical which really isn't my thing at all. The last 2 aren't worth owning IMO.

Because they suck. ;)

it is bland. I loved the last release but this is just bland.

Now to steer away this topic to a more interesting discussion. I wonder where is this Purple Hair idea came from because at the height of the 80s, Survivor didn't mess with hair-coloring stuffs, but check this rare clip of 'I Can't Hold Back' out, check out the outfit and please tell me they're mimicking Power Rangers here.. redddd, blueee, yellowwww :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qhf1HduoV2k

This is such a great song, and the guys that responsible of creating this is none other than Jim and Frank. I wonder where the talent goes away with PoL, probably Jim missed some Frankie's touch here ? gonna pull out 'When Seconds Out' soon, anyone love 'Oceans', that's such a gem